Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine having Trav in his prime now.
The 2011 version when he ran ran his arse off.

The long down the line target, mark it, wheel and go and then 60 metre bombs out the back for Elliott and Bobby to run on to.

Probably get shot down for this and I’m not saying this game or even ever. Also knowing Moore has been our All Australian defender and sometimes Forward in the past.

But wondering if anyone else thinks he might go alright on the Wing between the arcs?

Or he hasn’t got the tank and or just not that type of player.

Dear is the same Height as McStay (195cm) but 12kg lighter. He’s not an imposing size.
McStay's not an imposing talent so should be an even battle

Pleased to see Sullivan back. He’s no superstar, but a hard worker and one of our options to replace Mitchell (as we continue to search for that hard nosed grunt).

For those who keep questioning selections - we’ve had at different times over the last 8-10 weeks 15 or more players on the injury list. Add to that those who are playing with niggles.

What do you expect the club to do? We’re moving players around to fill holes, juggling matchups, and trying to build connection and chemistry with 8-9 debutants.

Do you think that’s easy? Mistakes will and have been made. The constant whining and complaining about selections is pathetic.

as.
I'm hoping the JDG evolution that fly was talking was as a grunt mid. Mitchell style, rather than the moving burst mid he usually plays as.
Maybe. Whatever he does or how he’s utilised, minimising the effect of the groin? injury he’s carrying is likely to be the intention. Maybe fewer burst runs and more muscle, be that in the middle or deep forward, might be the go, temporarily at least.

Just looked through Hawks results for the year. Yes they play well in Tassie. They have beaten some teams during oppo form slumps but their games have been easier than ours.

Its only two weeks ago Geelong beat them by 51 points.

The media hype is over the top. Yes they have improved but they shouldn't beat us. This is ours to lose. Any improvement from us will be a comfortable win. Past results have no bearing on this Saturday.

Have faith supporters. Go Pies.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased to see Sullivan back. He’s no superstar, but a hard worker and one of our options to replace Mitchell (as we continue to search for that hard nosed grunt).

For those who keep questioning selections - we’ve had at different times over the last 8-10 weeks 15 or more players on the injury list. Add to that those who are playing with niggles.

What do you expect the club to do? We’re moving players around to fill holes, juggling matchups, and trying to build connection and chemistry with 8-9 debutants.

Do you think that’s easy? Mistakes will and have been made. The constant whining and complaining about selections is pathetic.
👏 💯. 🎯

But didn’t Reef go back and play a full VFL game last week, after his 20 in the senior game?
So, being the sub again won’t be an issue?

I'm hoping he does play a full game though - mainly because I want WHE higher up the ground - we need another ball user as part of our transition. To me, our inability to transition has been the biggest issue - we've just been getting stuck in the back half with repeat entry galore.

I'm hoping he does play a full game though - mainly because I want WHE higher up the ground - we need another ball user as part of our transition. To me, our inability to transition has been the biggest issue - we've just been getting stuck in the back half with repeat entry galore.
Nah. The midfield is our issue. Biggest problem by a long way.
If Hawthorns mids play to potential and we play like the last month , it will be a long day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back