Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn’t Reef go back and play a full VFL game last week, after his 20 in the senior game?
So, being the sub again won’t be an issue?
No, its not an issue but not the point, but after his vfl game, he deserves a full afl game.

Like the selection balance.
McInnes can play midfield as well as forward, and Sullivan can and should play inside mid. Buttressing our midfield is the key issue, and our selections have addressed this.
Containing their midfield will be the path to victory.
Howe clearly replacing Frampton maintains the balance.
McStay in won't create miracles, as others have said. But he will be a credible marking target to keep Hawthorn's defence accountable, and will be able to punch the ball to ground level for our smalls (Jamie, Bobby, Joe).
We are prioritising the imperative to win over the caution around keeping Dan injury free for another week. I think this is correct. Dan could get injured in the VFL as well, and if we lose against Hawthorn, it is close to Doomsday for us in 2024.
Feeling good. Think we can and will win.

Nah. The midfield is our issue. Biggest problem by a long way.
If Hawthorns mids play to potential and we play like the last month , it will be a long day

Don't listen to the media

Hawks last month -

Won RICHMOND
BYE
Won WEST COAST
Lost GEELONG (51 points)
Won Fremantle in Tassie (Freo coming off huge Sydney win)

Nothing about this scares me. Us playing below our best is the only way we lose. Ferral Hawks supporters are delusional.

We just win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be interesting to see if he plays VFL.
yeah, we'll find out tomorrow. Would be better for our vfl if he does. Would mean 12 listed players.
With Schultz and Beau back in the next week or two, not sure now is the time to "manage' him. Might be hard to get back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear is a fwd as other have stated.
I’m tipping the Hawk defenders would prefer McStay at 87kg than 100kg’s.
So that qualifies as imposing.
If only size equated to talent.

So now we won’t have the option to put Frampton on Dear when he makes a mockery of Moore like Caddy did?
Calsher Dear is a very good prospect, but he's yet to have a 10 possession game. We don't need to go in with back up options for him.

McInnes can play midfield as well as forward, and Sullivan can and should play inside mid. Buttressing our midfield is the key issue, and our selections have addressed this.
McStay in won't create miracles, as others have said. But he will be a credible marking target to keep Hawthorn's defence accountable, and will be able to punch the ball to ground level for our smalls (Jamie, Bobby, Joe).
We are prioritising the imperative to win over the caution around keeping Dan injury free for another week. I think this is correct. Dan could get injured in the VFL as well, and if we lose against Hawthorn, it is close to Doomsday for us in 2024.
I am truly concerned that we are rushing McStay back in. After a knee reconstruction (ACL), I think that it is prudent to ve very conservative with him as we cannot afford him breaking down. Personally, I would have given him 2 more games in the VFL before playing him in the AFL. Goodnight & good luck.
Bringing in McStay reeks of desperation. I can’t see it ending well, no conditioning whatsoever. Is Howe even fit?

Hawks will come to play against us, it’s their grand final…will be a tough game.

Bringing in McStay reeks of desperation. I can’t see it ending well, no conditioning whatsoever. Is Howe even fit?

Hawks will come to play against us, it’s their grand final…will be a tough game.
Even if we were on top of the ladder without loss, he'd be due to come back. Has been tracking towards a late July/early August return all year.

Melksham came back 2 weeks ago with no VFL time and has done well
Ashcroft came back for Brisbane with no VFL time
Desperate? Well yes our season is in line and Checkers is out for season

Balance look much better this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back