Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone so obsessed with stats should look at p matera in 1992 GF.

19 disposals 5 goals norm smith.

Tyvm

Still the best Grand Final performance I've ever seen.

One of the goals was a gimme over the top from Suma, but those long bombs from outside 50 **** me. He was just on another level that day.

Wasn't the fastest in a straight line, I think McIntosh had that distinction but no one was quicker with ball in hand making decisions.

Still the best Grand Final performance I've ever seen.

One of the goals was a gimme over the top from Suma, but those long bombs from outside 50 **** me. He was just on another level that day.

Wasn't the fastest in a straight line, I think McIntosh had that distinction but no one was quicker with ball in hand making decisions.
He could've kicked 7 if he didn't miss a couple of other gimmees too.

I think Bluey McKenna used to beat him as well, but McIntosh was fastest.

I heard somewhere along the line that McIntosh was quite casual at training and hardly ever went 100% with his pace, saved it for games only.

I don't think you understand what a contested possession actually means.

Contested Possession: A possession which has been won when the ball is in dispute. Includes looseball-gets, hardball-gets, contested marks, gathers from a hitout and frees for.

Looseball-Get: A disputed ball at ground level not under direct physical pressure that results in an opportunity to record a legal disposal.
I do understand what it means hahaha. Why are you pretending that loose ball gets are unimportant? Post clearance contested ball is super important.

Do you actually have the stats to show the breakdown between yeo and Kelly?

I do understand what it means hahaha. Why are you pretending that loose ball gets are unimportant? Post clearance contested ball is super important.

agree - i kinda feel on a whole we are rubbish at loose ball gets as we constantly fumble and run over the ball. Kelly did a couple of nice pick ups on Saturday night, he looked switched on.

I didn't pretend anything. I just informed you that contested possession don't automatically mean a player is a midfield bull. You seemed to have no clue so was trying to help you out.

This idea that Yeo is the bull isnt based off much. Kelly had 18 contested possessions today. Yeo had 8.

I didn't pretend anything. I just informed you that contested possession don't automatically mean a player is a midfield bull. You seemed to have no clue so was trying to help you out.
You havnt helped with anything? You have failed to provide any evidence that yeo had a better contested game than Kelly. At least provide some stats worth discussing.

Post clearance loose ball gets are very important for winning games of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree - i kinda feel on a whole we are rubbish at loose ball gets as we constantly fumble and run over the ball. Kelly did a couple of nice pick ups on Saturday night, he looked switched on.
The ABC did a write up earlier in the year which found that post clearance contested ball (loose ball gets and contested marks) had a much higher correlation for winning games than clearance contested ball.

You havnt helped with anything? You have failed to provide any evidence that yeo had a better contested game than Kelly. At least provide some stats worth discussing.

Post clearance loose ball gets are very important for winning games of footy.

Not sure what you're expecting here. I simply told you what a contested possession was, which is what you based being a "bull" on. You clearly didn't know what one was.

The ABC did a write up earlier in the year which found that post clearance contested ball (loose ball gets and contested marks) had a much higher correlation for winning games than clearance contested ball.
Richmond were the kings of this. Lost clearances most games and were poor at stoppages, but absolutely dominated contested loose ball gets post clearance

Half their post game thread is dedicated to him, but yeah he's not in their heads hey greatwhiteshark
It's crazy reading that thread - there are Freo supporters that i rekon would run him over if they saw him crossing the road they hate him so much.
Where does the hate come from? Is it his swagger? I mean, the only reason he is getting into brawls now is because since the StKilda game teams are now tagging him. Its just something he will need to get used to.

It's crazy reading that thread - there are Freo supporters that i rekon would run him over if they saw him crossing the road they hate him so much.
Where does the hate come from? Is it his swagger? I mean, the only reason he is getting into brawls now is because since the StKilda game teams are now tagging him. Its just something he will need to get used to.
I think a lot of Cockburners are just bitter about everything

Not sure what you're expecting here. I simply told you what a contested possession was, which is what you based being a "bull" on. You clearly didn't know what one was.
What are you even talking about? Thanks for pointing out the obvious I guess hahaha.

Until you actually provide me the breakdown in contested ball stats from the game your point is obsolete. No point discussing data we don’t have.

View attachment 2063143

Genuine nuffy takes from Freo supporters still continuing unchecked on social media.

Major positive out of the Derby for mine!

Gaff punches a 19yo Brayshaw and they all get up on the high horse about how a poor defenceless kid was ‘targeted’ (not defending the punch, just saying it likely happens to whoever was niggling that day, age was irrelevant).

Then a few years on boo and abuse (and send players out to target) an opposition 19yo.

No real sympathy for HR, it is the gig, he will get used to it and keep thriving on the niggle I think. Just noting (without any surprise) the hypocrisy of the Freo supporters!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back