Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid's arguments with the umpire, whether wise or unwise, should have zero bearing on the umpires decision making. That just reeks of petty unprofessionalism on their behalf.

yeah sure, in an ideal world. ppl dont work that way do they.

only have to look at players like michael walters, ginnivan etc, they got a reputation for playing for frees and in the long run it ends up costing them legit frees.

yeah sure, in an ideal world. ppl dont work that way do they.

only have to look at players like michael walters, ginnivan etc, they got a reputation for playing for frees and in the long run it ends up costing them legit frees.
I would argue with someone at my workplace if they were incompetent as well.

There seems to be a lot of soft, whiny supporters in here.

But the one whine that gets me the most is those complaining about Harley standing up for himself and giving away free kicks.

Harley has clearly gotten under the skin of a lot of teams, not just Freo. Walking over Marshall versus Port, showing no fear in his don’t argues, wrestling with anyone who wants to **** with him and the shit eating grins he gives out afterwards. The media hasn’t helped by making him the main story of the year, including suggesting he be paid two million a year.

He has put a massive target on his back, and is living up to it. What do people want him to do, meekly take the shit being dished out to him. **** that. I love that he stands up for himself, I love watching the likes of Maric, Williams and Ginbey getting in to defend him. I love watching Yeo of all people, the hot head he is, being the calming senior statesman.

Remember that time that Hewett got cleaned up and you all complained that no one flew the flag. Well, under Harley’s BSD, this is culture defining stuff and our young guys are showing they are up for the fight and willing to defend their own.

As for the umpires, there will come a time when weight of possession turns and they will have no choice but to start paying and protecting the ball player. Just need a few more ball winners and Harley will win more fee kicks than the Waterman boys win clunge.

Harley is the guy to build around, now let’s hope the recruiters can do their jobs because Harley is giving them one hell of a building block.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that Harley mouthing off at the umpires is the cause of not getting free kicks not some vic conspiracy.
A free kick is a free kick, you pay it when it's there, be professional, Just cos you don't like someone doesn't mean you don't pay the free kick, if so then you should be removed from your umpiring position asap.

I don't even remember the hutch one

Me neither. Granted I was huffing silver spray paint from a paper bag for the majority of the game but I don't think that either here nor there.

Yeah nah. A mature performance doesn’t need Yeo babysitting him to keep him on track.

He played well but mature is not the word I’d use.

He’s made it easy to be exploited.
I don't see many other players his age receive the attention he does from oppo players.

In fact, I can't recall it ever.

At least he takes as good as he gives and doesn't let it rattle him, a la Horne-Franics.

A free kick is a free kick, you pay it when it's there, be professional, Just cos you don't like someone doesn't mean you don't pay the free kick, if so then you should be removed from your umpiring position asap.
Yeah but human nature is human nature and the umps don’t like being stooged.

History is littered with players that gob off to umps and don’t get their share of frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back