Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
With the shitstorm that has been round 19, I'm going to have to pull a trade or two now I think.

Greenwood has been a good rookie, but he's a liability onfield now, much better Supercoacher than Dreamteamer I reckon

I'm thinking downgrade him to someone then either upgrade Ryan now to best available or wait a week so he gets a good price rise so a better target becomes available. I need 3-4 weeks of scores with a decent mid to help my scoring potential.

Tuohy has 1 more week to produce a competent score otherwise he's benched.

Newman -> Adams (better late than never)

Witts -> Gawn

if Ainsworth -> Heeney is possible, i'd just like to make the 1 trade

i've currently got Nank(F5) and Greenwood(F6) so a gun fwd would help

I'd grab Brad Hill instead

Heeney hasn't tonned up in 5 weeks, he's been mediocre since I got him

Agreed. Heeney is a spud now and won't go near it in a high pressure game against Geelong away next week.
He finds his own footy, but he needs to smash out high mark numbers to score well, similar to Yeo.

High tackle numbers would help too.

Its only taken 19 rounds, but I am 99% sure I am getting Docherty in this week
DochertyTopTrades4.jpg

Original plan was Ryan to Docherty, and then upgrade Shaw to finish off
But after Ryans 138 and -2 BE, I might go Shaw to Docherty then keep an eye on Ryan at D7 (Witherden D6)

I can do Greenwood and Ryan to Wylie Buzza and Dusty

Hopefully Geelong persist with Buzza, he can be a heartbeat for me on the forward or ruck bench

My bench coverage takes a little hit doing this trade, but I get one of the best mids doing it. Just gotta hope I don't get injuries

I can do Greenwood and Ryan to Wylie Buzza and Dusty

Hopefully Geelong persist with Buzza, he can be a heartbeat for me on the forward or ruck bench

My bench coverage takes a little hit doing this trade, but I get one of the best mids doing it. Just gotta hope I don't get injuries

What about Beams?

What about Beams?
In good form but the ship is sailing there in regards to price.

How long can he hold on for without getting injured also? Would rather a durable premium as he has history in going down late in the season.

The other option is to trade an injured rookie and bolster my coverage so say Ryan and Hibberd and target an out of form guy in Sloane/Rocky and hope they turn it around, or a 90-95 guy like Grigg or a Billings, both Billings and Grigg have bottomed out.

Connor Glass or Nathan Brown are the likely downgrade guys in this scenario.

In good form but the ship is sailing there in regards to price.

How long can he hold on for without getting injured also? Would rather a durable premium as he has history in going down late in the season.

The other option is to trade an injured rookie and bolster my coverage so say Ryan and Hibberd and target an out of form guy in Sloane/Rocky and hope they turn it around, or a 90-95 guy like Grigg or a Billings, both Billings and Grigg have bottomed out.

Connor Glass or Nathan Brown are the likely downgrade guys in this scenario.

Yeah the only reservation I would have over Beams is the shoulder and whether the club shuts him down early. Should be nicely priced next year at not much over 100 avg and will be a must start IMO

Yeah the only reservation I would have over Beams is the shoulder and whether the club shuts him down early. Should be nicely priced next year at not much over 100 avg and will be a must start IMO
He's nearly never again for me unfortunately

Too many injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's nearly never again for me unfortunately

Too many injuries

Only missed the three games this year which is a good sign. Think I'll be willing to take the punt next year considering what he can produce at top 8 mid output, injury risk or not. The upside is there. I know I've wasted a few trades this year on spuds, I'm willing to risk one for Beams.

Heeney is shite im sick of his avg scoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeney is shite im sick of his avg scoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 of his remaining fixtures are at home v Brisbane and Carlton in the granny, can't do much else at this point but hold.

Another option

Finals fixture trading option

Big Joey Daniher

Has Carlton, Adelaide (Etihad), Gold Coast (Metricon) and Freo (Etihad) to finish the year with

I'll have to take Nathan Brown as the downgrade here but I keep Ryan for cover doing it at least, the only problem with this trade is I'll have two DPPs in Hartlett + 1 of Witherden/Lloyd sitting at M9-10 and if a Laird/Doc/Hodge/Tuohy type go down then I field Ryan who in all honesty may never come close to a 138 in his career again.

I think if I want to keep a Greenwood/Ryan type as coverage, then keeping Greenwood as a M9/F7 gives me better flexibility so Sloane/Rocky/Grigg/Billings is the upgrade target here, not great options but at M8 they should be better than fielding a Nank/Greenwood. That also gives me the flexibility to bench a struggling defender like Lloyd or Tuohy so I get Witherden's consistent points instead. Hodge's and Smith's last couple of weeks have saved themselves from the bench.

I might try a scenario with trading Jake Lloyd and Hibberd to best available as McVeigh stealing points away from Lloyd is in mind here which would mean Ryan and Greenwood survive and Witherden becomes permanent D6, but I'm not too keen at the moment to go through with it due to Tuohy's form, but Tuohy does play 3 games at Simmonds which is in his favour here at least.

Its only taken 19 rounds, but I am 99% sure I am getting Docherty in this week
DochertyTopTrades4.jpg

Original plan was Ryan to Docherty, and then upgrade Shaw to finish off
But after Ryans 138 and -2 BE, I might go Shaw to Docherty then keep an eye on Ryan at D7 (Witherden D6)
I'm going to field both of them next week.

You said the same thing about Adams at the start of this year. That proved costly.
He's not DPP though and I got Adams in in R7 I think the week after Beams first went down. Shaw>>>Adams to start with hurt, but I fixed my mistakes up as the year went on. I think the lack of early cash cows hurt most though, if I had started with say the likes of Preuss, Turner, SPS and McGrath then I would've had more cash reserves to be able to afford super premiums like Zerrett, Dusty, Gibbs and Zorko earlier in the season. Alas I will only finish with Zerrett likely (could get Dusty/Gibbs in this week, but I'm thinking having coverage is even more crucial now, so I'm looking at an inferior M8 type instead).

I think after this year maybe I'll change my mind on how I perceive available forwards/defenders compared to midfielders though.

If someone with injury prone history but has the scoring capabilities like Adams is available as a forward/defender perhaps then if they get injured early in the season then they should be easily replaced by someone else on that line as they would likely be one of the top scorers in that position and a replacement would likely be cheaper than what they are, however, potentially with midfielders though, you may not get that same luxury as picking the best 8 midfielders is much tougher than picking the best 6 forwards/defenders due to more midfielders being available for selection, as we have seen this year. Guys like Rocky and Sloane looked like top 8 mids after the first 7-8 rounds, yet won't be due to form/injury/tag etc, yet someone under the radar like Mitch Duncan probably will be a top 8 mid, or close to it.

When Beams got injured in R6 I upgraded him to Adams because Adams was averaging like 120 at the time and I thought he could fly out to 700k, so I grabbed him at 624k IIRC, but in doing so I had to use the two trades as Beams was about 565k at the time I think. I'd much prefer an injury trade to be 1 sideways trade and not have to do a downgrade to fund an upgrade in that scenario, perhaps having that risky high priced fwd/def type is the better starting option than a risky mid.

*Nek minnut, Adams goes down in DT Finals, I blame Coot in advance ;)

alQ1Pay.png

3 trades left, 147k in bank
Two options to burn my last 3 trades before I head overseas
1. Downgrade Bolton, and share the 240k between upgrading on field weak links (thinking Roberton/Gaff/JPK/Jelwood are the most of concern)
(means i have decent EMG in Backs and Forwards, but almost nothing in mids).
2. Double downgrade Bolton and Hibberd, and use that to upgrade Young to a 80avg MID/FWD
(means solid EMG cover across all lines, slightly weaker 22)

alQ1Pay.png

3 trades left, 147k in bank
Two options to burn my last 3 trades before I head overseas
1. Downgrade Bolton, and share the 240k between upgrading on field weak links (thinking Roberton/Gaff/JPK/Jelwood are the most of concern)
(means i have decent EMG in Backs and Forwards, but almost nothing in mids).
2. Double downgrade Bolton and Hibberd, and use that to upgrade Young to a 80avg MID/FWD
(means solid EMG cover across all lines, slightly weaker 22)
I reckon

JPK to Shuey
Nank to Ryder

Greene comes back R21 then work out who scores more out of a Rockliff/Dahlhaus type for M8

Keep Bolton to flip whoever around when needed between the lines, like Hibberd.

If you're worried about Roberton/Lloyd still come R22 then Ryan could potentially be around 440-480k with that 138 pushing him along for the next two weeks, so he could be your last trade and maybe a better defender will be available by then for the last two weeks, thus benching 1 of Roberton/Lloyd (Ryan flew up over 60k this week).

Otherwise

If you're looking at downgrading a rookie, then I'd only do Hibberd for Glass so you keep your DEF/MID link and Glass may get a few more games (I'm looking at this move myself).

I don't get why Gaff is getting tagged recently, but I'll stick by him, other than that Greenwood game, he hasn't gone below 80 which is an acceptable below par score.

JPK seems to be carrying something as of late (plus got a knock on Friday), he is a bit concerning scoring wise, he's dropped off a bit in SC also where I have him in (Parker is the Swan mid in form currently). Roberton is inconsistent as of late, but so is Tuohy, Newman, Laird and Lloyd, I don't think anyone is going to get massive weekly points down back currently, bit of a crapshoot. Jelwood has 3 of his last 4 at Simonds, I reckon he should go ok there.

Nank to Ryder could be a no brainer move, keeps your RUC/FWD link, but Ryder at the moment is scoring solidly and would be a better onfield option that Dahlhaus probably, maybe even Heeney who hasn't tonned up in his last 5.

Anyways, good luck

Ok, early week moves I think I'll do

Ryan to Rocky
Hibberd to Glass

Screenshot_2017-07-31-00-39-17.png
Screenshot_2017-07-31-00-39-39.png

Hopefully Robertson stays in the team for the negating role.

Rocky has scored 5 90s, 2 70s and that absolutely yuck 44 since the bye, if he can tackle his way to 90+ through the finals, then I'm ok with that considering I was fielding 1 of Nank/Greenwood most weeks during that period, potentially both some weeks and Rocky outscored them most weeks.

Depending on injury news/team selection then that could sway me to do something else, but I'm pretty happy with my bench doing this move.

team_finals.jpg

What do you reckon go you pups ?

Thinking Newman to Adams and Witts to Gawn

team_finals.jpg

What do you reckon go you pups ?

Thinking Newman to Adams and Witts to Gawn
Not sure if you'll get much out of a Witts to Gawn move to be honest

Witts has done pretty well this season, perhaps he's tiring now but I reckon not having Macrae and not having Witherden down back onfield are two moves that could also be done to improve your team across the finals

Newman to Adams yeah solid, you either keep him for D7, or upgrade him now as your other defender rookies will fly up in price this week and next.

Your midfield is good, Parker and Fyfe have came good late on.

I know they scored well this week, but I'm not sure if Ryan/Shaz/Stewart can produce like that for you every week at D6 in the finals, massive guessing game that is, Witherden is the best bet for now, his scoring range being 77-103.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back