Round 21 v Chris 'I had to earn my spot' Johnson. Opponent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Flashhh

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who do you think should or will line up on the sooky la la come Round 21 if he is of course still in the Carlton side?

Also what do you think his reception will be, boo's? cheers? abusive banners?

Who do you think should or will line up on the sooky la la come Round 21 if he is of course still in the Carlton side?

Probably will be playing for Northern Bullants.

Don't see why you are bothering about this guy. Clearly, your coaching staff didn't rate him at all and he wasn't enjoying being at the Dees. Not mention his 1 year performance based contract offer was far inferior to that on offer from Carlton. 99% of people in a regular employment situation would do exactly the same thing.

Oh, and before someone brings up the words "club loyalty" on this thread let's just consider the likes of Yze, White and Whitnall.

The MFC will be better off without CJ and Carlton may get something out of him, but in all likelihood he will be a depth/back up player. Nothing much ventured and nothing much gained.

As i have said, nobody really gives enough of a **** about CJ to care. Joke of a player going to a joke of a club.

I for one will cheer CJ though, delisting him allowed us to get Jurrah! Thanks CJ :D!

he'll be pelted with marshmallows :p

I always thought he was as soft as a marshmallow...

Unless we have a swag of injuries , he won't be in the team . If he couldn't crack it for a regular game with your mo b, he won't get game with a team in the top eight .

The reason Johnston went to Carlton is because Ratten got him there.... Two years ago Ratten was our midfield coach and can see that Johnston will help Carlton... He will never dominate but will be an okay player for Carlton a bit more than depth... Carlton have some guns then it drops dramatically....

They should put Brock, Sylvia or Miller on Johnston.... and remind him who he did play for... Then have Wheels lay him out... old school :D

Unfortunately CruiZer01 is right.

CruiZer01 supports a club that has had no success whatsoever in its time in the AFL. Freo are a laughing stock, full of spineless footballers. Its a good thing they're based in Perth with only competition from West Coast.

If Freo were based in Melbourne they'd never survive because they are a rubbish football club.

I'm sick of freo supporters who post on these forums who continually bag Melbourne. We have a long and proud history in this game and its only a matter of time before we bounce back. Freo have nothing to speak for.

FWIW you might be surprised just how close Carlton came to folding before the 'career criminal' Richard Pratt took the reins. What goes around comes around mate...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Oh, and before someone brings up the words "club loyalty" on this thread let's just consider the likes of Yze, White and Whitnall."

i dont get this...can someone please explain?

and TheGeneral...melbourne broke their membership record this year so ur point is not valid. but u are right, we do not have a sponsor atm.

"Oh, and before someone brings up the words "club loyalty" on this thread let's just consider the likes of Yze, White and Whitnall."

i dont get this...can someone please explain?

and TheGeneral...melbourne broke their membership record this year so ur point is not valid. but u are right, we do not have a sponsor atm.

I was referring to Johnson walking out on Melbourne's 1 year deal, when he had a 2 year offer on the table from Carlton. Whilst the word "loyalty" is regularly used by clubs to retain players, it very rarely gets shown the other way and players are dispensed by clubs without a second thought.

Why would you care ??? He will be playing in the backline, and shouldn;t it be Carlton deciding who they play Johnson on (ala which forward HE picks up) not the other way around ???

That said, he prob wont be in the side anyway, and there will be no action in your forward line anyway as you will be SMASHED in the midfield, so he wont be in the play anyway ............

That said, he prob wont be in the side anyway, and there will be no action in your forward line anyway as you will be SMASHED in the midfield, so he wont be in the play anyway ............
Smashed by who?

The 20kg overweight Stevens?
The 25 year old with a 73 year olds body in Judd?
The squib, Gibbs?
Marc 'couldn't hit a target to save my life' Murphy?

You can imagine how scared i am right now.

I'm thinking Dunn on CJ, if he's playing for Carlton at the time. Dunn is a little bit taller, a fair bit stronger, about the same speed, has a fair bit more endurance, and should be able to completely shut CJ out of the game.
If CJ is on the Blues HBF, it would be a great opportunity for Dunn to play as a negating forward with a decent chance of snagging a couple of goals along the way, since CJ is terrible at defensive efforts.

More realisitically, it'll be Nathan Brown playing for the Scorpions, killing him all day and letting him know about the meaning of the Red and Blue and how proud he was to play for the Demons, and how much it means to him to be back helping to promote the Demons in Casey.

Why would you care ??? He will be playing in the backline, and shouldn;t it be Carlton deciding who they play Johnson on (ala which forward HE picks up) not the other way around ???

Firstly, he is terrible defensively, he plays loose HBF/ wing, so as likely as not it will be Melbourne deciding who to play on him.

Secondly, what justification do you have for saying we will be smashed in the midfield? Just because you used all your high draft picks on midfielders, it doesn't make them good, most of your midfield is average at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 v Chris 'I had to earn my spot' Johnson. Opponent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back