Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still a slight teenager. Has a heap more pace and penetration in his kicking than Gaff. Will be one of the best mids in the game within 5 years. North are playing him off the backline to help him accumulate and get some confidence just like they did Sheezel and it appears to be working well for him right now.
Is it working well for him? His production is quite a few levels below sheezel last year.

Is it working well for him? His production is quite a few levels below sheezel last year.

I think they made the move on him back after a quiet start to the year. I think he's just a lower accumulator than Sheezel but more damaging with his touches (or will be in the long run). Both very good players obviously.

North board has managed to convince themselves that McKercher is better than Reid. The level of delusion at that club is why they will continue to suck.
Mckercher is definitely quality. We'll be looking to draft someone who can rack up possessions like him this draft

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think they made the move on him back after a quiet start to the year. I think he's just a lower accumulator than Sheezel but more damaging with his touches (or will be in the long run). Both very good players obviously.
Yeah both gonna be superstars. Wardlaw just impresses me so much more than McKercher does even in Mckerchers half back role.

North board has managed to convince themselves that McKercher is better than Reid. The level of delusion at that club is why they will continue to suck.

McKercher will turn out a jet one day in the midfield but he's taken Sheezel's junk stat role to new levels

Little impact on the game

Edit: wow, I didn't realise I was repeating what so many others had said

To quote a North poster in their gameday thread before we kicked the last four goals of the game:
"what you're witnessing right now lads, is the future of this footy club.

Get excited."
Every day i wake up and thank God we are not norf.

How can you consistently choke 35 point leads. How can a supporter be a supporter of a club which you can never trust to never choke a lead

McKercher kicked 20m more often than not.I thought when he did kick long he lacked penetration.He tended to hang on to the ball longer than necessary and will get cleaned up sooner rather than later.
Will certainly be an accumulator

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw things in the last 5 minutes that I haven't seen in 20 years from our club, not even in 2018.

Midfielders sacrificing their game to line up the opposition, take them out of the play, and allow a team mate time and space.

The ghost of Rojo has been reserected.

As much as I and all have hung crap, and deservedly so, for 3 plus years on Gaff, he was a devastating machine at his peak.

Not going to lie, I shed a tear when he took that mark.

Last edited:
I mean it's a good win but I felt we strayed away from our identity. Tough, hard brutal footy. It was a shoot out with minimal pressure both sides.

In saying that to sum it up

Last game was won by the kids

This game was won by seniors. But that's not an accurate statement. This game was 100% was won by Jarrad Schofield.
1. His ability to get the squad to believe they can win
2. His ability to shove a rocket up the seniors to get then to stand up.

So if there's any joy to come out of the win it's Jarrad Schofield can coach and hopefully our youth get a feel of winning mentality

Just on half time and Ryan put his arm around Harley as the walked off.

Harley looks already like a battle weary seasoned campaigner.

All banged up.

Hope he has a couple of ripper games to close out 24

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

McKercher gets a heap of it in the backline but his unwillingness to defend cost north a lot today.

He will be better off a wing in due course and will likely develop into a terrific midfielder in time but clubs will go to work exposing that fact if it doesn’t improve.

McKercher gets a heap of it in the backline but his unwillingness to defend cost north a lot today.

He will be better off a wing in due course and will likely develop into a terrific midfielder in time but clubs will go to work exposing that fact if it doesn’t improve.
Was a very similar story with Sheezel

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back