Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives
Ryan turned up at half time

Negatives
Ryan turned up at half time.

Two weeks in a row now for mine. Be nice to see 100% from flyin. Mind you he is not alone in the ‘part-time’ club.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

7 senior players (Ryan, Cripps, Yeo, Kelly, Allen, Witherden and Hunt) had 42 possessions between them at halftime.

Most pulled their fingers out after halftime and full credit for that because its hard to do mid game (and we saw the results) but way too often this senior group picks and chooses when to put in

The kids were having a crack

7 senior players (Ryan, Cripps, Yeo, Kelly, Allen, Witherden and Hunt) had 42 possessions between them at halftime.

Most pulled their fingers out after halftime and full credit for that because its hard to do mid game (and we saw the results) but way too often this senior group picks and chooses when to put in

The kids were having a crack
That group has been picking and choosing when to go since round 1 2019

With hopefully TB back, that would be the icing on the cake, a 3-peat! Might make the Cats very nervous down at Mdma stadium.

His kicking in general can be woeful given his experience, and when he does have a set shot on goal, just doesn't look confident. But he does provide a lot of drive and nails some of his kicks on the run, has improved a bit this season. But coach needs to work on his kicking and goal skills ALL preseason - as you say he'd be a weapon. Same applies to Ginbey a bit (can cut him slack as doesn't have same experience or paypacket as Dugs)

Mids have definitely played better, may have been a bit banged up from Suns game, Reid looked sore towards the end. Hopefully all comes together against Carlton.
Snake had a mare, missed a few, as did Oscar - we could've been well up if not for some of the uncharacteristic misses. But arguably our fightback started when Snake finally goaled late in the third.

Cripps proving the doubters wrong once again!
One thing that stands out with Waterman and Allen is that they're not reliable set shots. They have period where they miss nothing (Waterman against GC and Allen 2nd half against North) to periods where they make the simple look hard (Waterman against North and Allen 1st half).

Makes me appreciate how spoilt we were last decade. Had JK, Darling and Lecca all very reliable set shots.

One thing that stands out with Waterman and Allen is that they're not reliable set shots. They have period where they miss nothing (Waterman against GC and Allen 2nd half against North) to periods where they make the simple look hard (Waterman against North and Allen 1st half).

Makes me appreciate how spoilt we were last decade. Had JK, Darling and Lecca all very reliable set shots.
waterman is like 48/20 which is elite

With hopefully TB back, that would be the icing on the cake, a 3-peat! Might make the Cats very nervous down at Mdma stadium.

His kicking in general can be woeful given his experience, and when he does have a set shot on goal, just doesn't look confident. But he does provide a lot of drive and nails some of his kicks on the run, has improved a bit this season. But coach needs to work on his kicking and goal skills ALL preseason - as you say he'd be a weapon. Same applies to Ginbey a bit (can cut him slack as doesn't have same experience or paypacket as Dugs)

Mids have definitely played better, may have been a bit banged up from Suns game, Reid looked sore towards the end. Hopefully all comes together against Carlton.
Snake had a mare, missed a few, as did Oscar - we could've been well up if not for some of the uncharacteristic misses. But arguably our fightback started when Snake finally goaled late in the third.

Cripps proving the doubters wrong once again!

I reckon if TB isn't back this week I would suspect that he is sitting out, or the club is sitting him out over contract issues.

IMG_0381.jpeg
For the highest volume shooters in the game, Waterman trails only the Coleman leading Hogan for accuracy.

He is unbelievably accurate. For reference, JK’s career average was 58.0%. Jake is 40.16 from set shots.

IMG_0384.jpeg

As an aside, here’s the entire league (minimum 6 goals) ranked by accuracy:

IMG_0382.jpeg

The way the game is governed now if someone came in and dropped zurhaar on his ass it'd be a penalty, damned if you do damned if you don't
If the white maggots did the job they were paid to do and umpired Harley the way they do Rowell, Daicos and Sheezel the opposition players wouldn't get away with what they do. Bottom teams always get the shit umpires, things won't improve for us until we move up the ladder.

Not sure on Ginbey but Hewett definitely played the majority of his time in midfield in the WAFL games I saw, was watching at the ground and pretty much kept my eye on him the whole game. Wasn't actually hugely impressed at the time with his overall game but he showed a few exciting bursts here and there.
Hewett played as an inside mid in the champs games as well right? I remember he dominated against vic metro against Ashcroft etc as an inside mid. 30+ touches 10+inside 50s and clearances and 2 goals.

Mostly I'm just happy that Ginbey seems likes he can be an above average defender. With the Hewett injuries & Ginbey midfield ability I was starting to worry we flushed a year in our rebuild.
Most premiership teams have an elite third tall so nothing wrong with pick 8 being used to fill that role. As long as hewett comes good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The impact of his absence has been understated
For all the talk of not having enough draft picks we are getting two first rounders into the team next year with Hewett & pick #3.

With Ginbey redeployed Reid, Hewett & Pick #3 supported by Yeo & TK all of a sudden looks like a promising midfield group and we don't have to fluff around with the Culley's of the world unless they really force their way in.

Not sure about that, they're usually pretty reliable. There was a strong crosswind blowing at Blundy. All forwards get the yips, or a run of yips. Confidence and mind-worms have a lot to do with it. JK missed shots. I think Jake is 4th on the Coleman Board, says something? Oscar still settling back in, working with Jake. Reckon they'll be a fearsome force once they get cranking (2025?)

I reckon if TB isn't back this week I would suspect that he is sitting out, or the club is sitting him out over contract issues.
What's up with that? Is he being offered a job elsewhere, or just ducks n' drakes?
I can't see TB leaving WC?

Harley fined for being involved in a melee. Only player charged, how are you in a melee by yourself?

I8BzcG.gif

Sorry mate.
I couldn't help it, its a sickness.

TBH, I rarely go to other boards, but I couldn't resist when one of ours posted it.

A couple of their posters have been giving it to the club on the trades board.

I loved it.

They can eat a bag of dicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back