Preview Round 22 v St Kilda Marvel Stadium Sunday August 11 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we don’t win anymore games this year then the Richmond of 2024 will be the worst Richmond ever has had in the VFL/AFL (haven’t checked the records in the VFA).

Even our first woodenspoon in 1917 we managed three wins.

Staggering!
well done louie

something to be proud of

should make a framed picture of all the injuries hes caused this year for the mantle piece

So if we don’t win anymore games this year then the Richmond of 2024 will be the worst Richmond ever has had in the VFL/AFL (haven’t checked the records in the VFA).

Even our first woodenspoon in 1917 we managed three wins.

Staggering!
Even a win over the next three weeks might not be enough to avoid having our worst VFL/AFL season.

In 1960, we finished with 2 wins, 2 draws, and 14 losses. Our percentage was 66.7%

From memory, I think that’s our worst VFL/AFL season. If our percentage remains below 66.7%, then 2024 would still become our worst season in VFL/AFL history even with another win.

If we don’t win or draw at all in the next three weeks, then this would be the worst season our senior side ever played since our inception in 1885!

I’m OK with getting the wooden spoon, but having our worst season ever is not going to sit right with me.

I think we’ll get the spoon either way, but we have to win at least 1 game and get our percentage above 66.7%. That way, we’ll at least preserve the last bit of Richmond pride we have left.

I reckon whoever can struggle to kick five goals at the dump whilst under a roof will be the winner in this match. A blockbuster between a basket case club coached by the master at not scoring coach Ross Lyon and the checked out, injury ridden team coached by the no idea spoon winning coach Adem Yze.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see Richmond channelling the old Ian Stewart spirit of 73 and steamrolling over the Saints!

Things maybe bleak but we haven't released a DVD set called the 'Streak'.

Last edited:
Not many available to replace Dusty, Steely and Brown.

Bauer, Smith, Dow, Sonsie, Ryan, Blight, OHB, Cumbo and Coulthard the only reserves fit.

Ross, Fawcett and MRJ all playing VFL, but not ready for AFL yet.

Pickett back in rehab, McAuliffe failed to complete training, and both Mansell and Baker also received attention, but will hopefully be right to play.

I'm thinking Bauer (who trained up forward with the A team) and McIntosh will replace Dusty and Brown as the marking targets up forward. Smith and Dow probably the next two in line to come in (one as sub).

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Sonsie in the AFL for the balance of the year I reckon. Right choice IMO. Seems to me that they may have realised he is a mid and probably is going to be given a pretty substantial program over the off-season to build up his tank and strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back