Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you cry any harder?

Sure it was a gut-wrenching loss but get ourself together…how long have you been a Lions fan? You must have missed the bad years 🙄
There is still hope.

We sold low on Beams and Witherden, and I don't hear 🙉anyone complaining.
We were miles off selling low on Beams. That was and always was going to be an insane return for someone hobbling through the season.

Witherden was arguably sold low, there was insane amounts of complaining, but worse would've been holding him and his overpayment of a contract.

Missed goals is soul destroying. Should have put them away in the 3rd quarter.

So much selfish play in the 3rd running in for goal. 2 x Joe, 1 x Lohmann. They all see the goals and get tunnel vision.

Bailey needs to watch some footage of himself. He’s clearly not as quick or strong as he thinks he is.

Last edited:
We were miles off selling low on Beams. That was and always was going to be an insane return for someone hobbling through the season.

Witherden was arguably sold low, there was insane amounts of complaining, but worse would've been holding him and his overpayment of a contract.

Given witherden’s output since I’m quite confident we sold rather high.

Not athletic enough to play in a decent team. The GWS final demonstrated that.

What has been evident all season is the utter selfishness of our forwards. Time and time again they take selfish low percentage option, Bailey and Daniher are the worst offenders by miles.

I also agree about missing finals but we won’t just so that we can have a full pre-season. We get beat time and time again the same way. Hopefully Berry’s hamstring is only minor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the sack the coach bois have come out of their grottos

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF
is Stuey Dew in the coaches box for us for interstate games?

Mentally fragile. Nothing new about that. Until it gets rectified this group will never taste the ultimate success. They just don’t want it enough.
Spot on; absolute pretenders.

These players just don’t want it enough. Don’t tell me otherwise.

Didn’t want it enough when top two was on the line and then get a chance to win at the G and beat Collingwood and choke again.

What’s the pathetic learning this time?

And for those giving them the excuse that injuries have hurt us when those same people weren’t saying otherwise we won nine straight is a cop out.

You have to laugh at people bagging Melbourne; at least they won a flag when they were dominant. We’ve won nothing but sure point to the fact we’ve won more games than anyone else the past five years. Woodeeeffingdo.

Neither is irrational knee-jerk hatred of Lions players
Hatred? Nah, don't want them to embarrass themselves in finals, which is fine.

Insulting other posters for having an opinion that differs from your own? Not on. Unsure why the mods haven't pulled you up on that.

Goal kicking is a cop out. We didn't deserve to win. Midfield was disgraceful today letting Collingwood stroll out the front of stoppage for the best part of two quarters. Harris looked p!ssed off last week and again today and you can't blame him given the way the ball is coming in and the lack of awareness his fellow backmen seem to have. Hipwood just isn't a good player let alone forward, Logan is already miles ahead of him in terms of craft and positioning. To throw salt on the wound Collingwood were absolute professionals when they took the lead and killed the game with repeat stoppages. I wonder why we can't do that. Shit way to end the season but after the first quarter I actually expected it.

Feel sorry for Dunkley busted his gut all night.
He did but he was also fairly unimpactful. He's one I'd hope would pick up the slack when Neale gets tagged but he'll just play his role without standing up taller.

Awful result for us. Just shattering. Should have put the Pies away easily with all our missed chances.

I am still mystified that this team doesn’t have the mental strength to be #1. I can’t work that out myself (based on my own experiences with being a competitor in various sports and fields of work)

I know I'm harping on about it but surely Bailey has to be dropped after that. He cost the Lions the game on more than one of those glaring occasions.
Doesn’t need to dropped needs to be traded, don’t care what for, would take flipping Zac Jones and be happy. Just a down hill skier with no awareness. Just 🤮

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back