Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't recall another team that throws away more wins than us in this kind of fashion. This year alone I can think of 4 games; Carlton up 45, Adelaide up 18 with 10 mins left, GWS miss fest and today. Not to mention melbourne last year and losing close finals nearly every year. They just find new ways to mess with you I actually can't believe it. I love this club and think we have an incredibly talented group but could you argue with anyone who called us choke artists? Look at our track record over the last few years? Winning the premiership becomes infinitely tougher after today and it was entirely our own doing. Unbelievable.

We should have won the last two games and it’s annoying we didn’t but let’s not lose sight of the fact that some of the teams we beat in the 9-game winning streak probably felt the same way…I’m mad too but it’s not the end of the world, we’re a bloody good side and we’ve hit a rough patch after a good run…don’t lose faith people 🦁

I know I'm harping on about it but surely Bailey has to be dropped after that. He cost the Lions the game on more than one of those glaring occasions.

Problem being that Sharp had a completely ineffective game who would’ve been next in and Robertson can’t kick in the field.

100% would be fine if Reville was healthy but I think Bailey is still the best option.

We can’t go lower than 5th so that’s something .

As a neutral it would have been an amazing game to watch .
Yeah we can… but if we do we really don’t deserve to be there. Lose to Essendon, i’m putting the queue in the rack and praying to the footy gods to be kind to us next season and allow our best players to be on the park when it counts.

Last edited:
We all entitled to call it how we see it mate . And that was a pathetic weak effort once again .
Good for you - that's not leveling personal attacks or abuse against other posters or club staff. That's the line and has been for years.

I’d prefer us to miss the finals entirely than limp in in 6th or 7th and do **** all anyway.

The losses are so predictable and the patterns repeat themselves every time yet there’s no change…
I tipped the Giants and Pies the last two weeks; the team is so predictable and it amazes the club can’t see how predictable we are when it’s pretty obvious to some.

No doubt we’ll beat Essendon next week and everyone will be patting themselves on the back that we made finals without even acknowledging that second spot was there for the taking and you just piss it away.

Six seasons of this crap with nothing to show for it. There’s going to be a lot of regretful players in many years time who’ll be wondering how on earth they choked this much throughout their careers. They certainly don’t have a winners attitude or killers instinct. The lot of the core group are such soft downhill skiers.

Two weeks in a row 30 point leads in the Q1. It's hilarious knowing what's coming.
Would be so Essendon to lead by 30 and then have us mow them down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashcroft 1
Zorko 1
Ahchee 0
Bailey 0
Cameron 0
Rayner 1

That's the tackle count. Blame shit kicking all you like... And you can... But we have too many 1 way players. Over and over we guard space and wave our arms around.

Zorko was wholey unaccountable all night and others not much better.

We are soft when the pressure is on and it needs sorting. We will continue to lose the way we always have unless something changes

Unless Ashcroft can improve his defensive work (which he should be able) Berry needs to take his spot as an on baller

The club doesn’t cop the criticism they probably deserve for throwing these types of games away, I guess because we are based in Brisbane and off broadway.

But they’ve effectively thrown away 3 games this year with match winning leads, even Adelaide only taking the draw when we were 3 goals up late was a bad drop of 2 points. Almost threw the Melbourne game too after dominating the first quarter and setting up what in reality should be a match winning lead given our experience.

So I think anyone getting frustrated at other posters for being frustrated at that are directing those frustrations at the wrong people.

Fages has copped a bit, but at what point does the heat come onto the leaders? This isn’t an inexperienced team that has just come from nowhere anymore. We’ve played in big games for the best part of 5 years, but any time a team comes at us we literally shit our pants in front of everyone. Both coaches and players alike should wear some heat for that.

Last edited:
I tipped the Giants and Pies the last two weeks; the team is so predictable and it amazes the club can’t see how predictable we are when it’s pretty obvious to some.

No doubt we’ll beat Essendon next week and everyone will be patting themselves on the back that we made finals without even acknowledging that second spot was there for the taking and you just piss it away.

Six seasons of this crap with nothing to show for it. There’s going to be a lot of regretful players in many years time who’ll be wondering how on earth they choked this much throughout their careers. They certainly don’t have a winners attitude or killers instinct. The lot of the core group are such soft downhill skiers.

I’m just happy to be in a position to be so disappointed with six years of competing for a trophy 😎

Our window is closed for the next decade after tonight
Garbage!

PERSPECTIVE

Our window is closed for the next decade after tonight
Well it’s not but we still wont win with this group; absolutely mentally soft who just don’t want it enough or prepared as a group to fight for it. It’s been six years of this crap so tell me why it’s changing?

P’raps people have had a gut full of seeing the same group of players making the same set of mistakes under the same circumstances on repeat. Maybe we do need to make a drastic list change.
This is the guts of it. The same guys do the same things and we fall short the same ways.

Years of it is getting tiresome.

Time for some big calls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back