Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point I don't even care about the draft picks we gave up for Kelly, I just don't want see this fraud in the midfield next year.

Can't hit a target, can't tackle, can't kick goals and absolutely hates passing to Harley.

Burn down the current midfield and start it from scratch.

What sort of garbage journo would ask Schofield if he was going for freo tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A freo supporting journo.

Was a very bizarre question by stickdick(I think it was) clearly forgot he played 100 games for port and won a premiership with them😂

Was chuffed with Hutch to the mids and his game overall, all except his handballing.

It was absolute trash, really made a few teammates work for what should've been an easy posession. I'm not sure what it was.. perhaps too hard and flat to their waist or something?

Certainly not alone there, but to me it seemed like technique rather than him panicking or something. Hopefully a pre season helps with that.

Has anyone brought up TK's disposal?

Couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20m away.

Seriously poor for a player of his calibre.

Liked Hutch in the guts.

Chess had a better second half.

Brady's knee...hope it's not the full Monty a real shining light in a grim season for us.

Was chuffed with Hutch to the mids and his game overall, all except his handballing
Our handballing in general has been absolute trash lately. Not aiming a short handball at your teammate's feet is such basic stuff you wouldn't even say it's a skill issue, because the average Auskick kid could manage it, but we botch so many plays like that it's ridiculous.

Has anyone brought up TK's disposal?
Many fear the wrath of the one they call the badgeman.
Not the hero we need, but the podcast host we deserve.
Many have tried to talk about TK disposal, but like a not that silent protector he tunnels up beneath them and they sink, never to be seen again.
On a quiet day on bigfooty, you can sometimes hear the ghost of the posts.
Can we talk about the actual shit mids and not the one that actually gets hands on the ball
Legend says if you say something along the lines of "the tim Kelly trade is what started all this shit" your account may never post again.

Many have tried to talk about TK disposal, but like a not that silent protector he tunnels up beneath them and they sink, never to be seen again.
Can we talk about the actual shit mids and not the one that actually gets hands on the ball
Legend says if you say something along the lines of "the tim Kelly trade is what started all this shit" your account may never post again.

IMG_2345.JPG

Say his name and he appears…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it's a bit on the silly side, but I'm legit at the point with Kelly where I don't want him anywhere near the CBD's or one of our prime movers in the midfield

Definitely shouldn't be channeling any ball movement through him. Kills just as much momentum going forward as Cripps does with his fumbles.

Both infuriating, both I'd gladly see the back of, thinking we haven't lost a thing.

Yes totally agree about the umpiring.

Absolutely awful, biased in favour of the home team, what were the free kicks 28 - 8 ? All 50/50’s went in their favour, holding, interfering free kicks paid for nothing.

Dangerfield deliberately threw the ball away and got a fifty.

None of those umpires should be in the finals. Standard of umpiring is a blight on the game.
From the Geelong game day thread:

“Eagles getting a ride from the umpires the second half.
Irrelevant of course, but gee they've been looked after”

🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a bit on the silly side, but I'm legit at the point with Kelly where I don't want him anywhere near the CBD's or one of our prime movers in the midfield

Definitely shouldn't be channeling any ball movement through him. Kills just as much momentum going forward as Cripps does with his fumbles.

Both infuriating, both I'd gladly see the back of, thinking we haven't lost a thing.
Agree. He tried but he’s a horror story with ball in hand.
Yeo to a back flank.
Hutch in the guts.
We need a midfield reboot .

Positives were Hutchinson, Dewar and Waterman

Negatives were:

Billiams... Potato
Jilliams... Smashed by bigger bodies
Kelly... Can't tackle can't kick
Yeo... Can't keep up... Move to backline
Duggan and ginbey.... Allergic to one touch football
Darling Cripps Chesser bazzo cole petrol Hall Duggan not AFL level footballers

Nah it’s getting impossible to defend some of the turnovers he throws in most weeks. Some from trying to be super aggressive, which is fine, but far too many lately have been from poor execution of basic skills.

A proper list with midfield depth would have him as a 50/50 flank and burst midfielder, who gets the footy in some space. As it is, he has to do every midfield role at once (along with Reid and Yeo, a midfield rotation of three in 2024 ffs).

Will be better when playing in the role that suits him better, rather than having to win the ground ball and create outside at the same time - he’s not good enough to do it all at once but he is a serious weapon and an asset in the rebuild, IF we can add midfield pieces to build a rotation, not a reliance on the same blokes time and again.

1st Half
  • Can get in the bin. The worst football we have played all year easily.
  • Oppo players walking it out of the d50, the length of the ground for a easy pass to a forward.
  • Mids thought it was season over already and didn't bother turning up.

2nd Half
  • Schofield slapping some Gatorade bottles around and giving the boys a bake at half time.
  • Won the 2nd half.
  • Hutch turns out is OK running through the middle.

Ginbey is NOT a Key defender. having him sit on Cameron was the dumbest thing i had seen this year.
New Coach needs to drill into our players that they need to keep their goddamn feet. Tooooo easily they go to ground.

Nah it’s getting impossible to defend some of the turnovers he throws in most weeks. Some from trying to be super aggressive, which is fine, but far too many lately have been from poor execution of basic skills.

A proper list with midfield depth would have him as a 50/50 flank and burst midfielder, who gets the footy in some space. As it is, he has to do every midfield role at once (along with Reid and Yeo, a midfield rotation of three in 2024 ffs).

Will be better when playing in the role that suits him better, rather than having to win the ground ball and create outside at the same time - he’s not good enough to do it all at once but he is a serious weapon and an asset in the rebuild, IF we can add midfield pieces to build a rotation, not a reliance on the same blokes time and again.
It's so difficult trying to make the funniest joke regardless of which side of an argument it falls on.
There might be a Batman metaphor from bane about breaking the spirit... Idk.
I think a lot of us wish TK could be more of his role at geelong on the outside, assuming he cuts some of the silly disposal out with a bit of time and space, and that we had a more balanced midfield, or just one where you can rotate 6 or more guys through it more evenly. As opposed to yeo Reid TK and one other, plus one more of one of the three is on the pine.

Last edited:
A few youngsters are starting to show a bit - Dewar and Hutchinson this week in particular. Even Chesser showed some more positive glimpses.

However, the most obvious thing that stood out at the ground was the distinct lack of second efforts from Yeo, Kelly, Cripps, Allen (must be injured) and Petch. There were so many free Cats players around the contest and this was main reason. These are the players who should be setting the example. There is the problem with our culture.

Yeo being listed in our best players is plain embarrassing. He is the one effort master. Spent so much time walking back into defence as Cats players streamed past him.

Waterman should be made Captain. His running and effort is miles ahead of everyone else.

And yes, I was at the ground.
Have you got PTSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back