Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Is having an earlier pick better in general than a later pick, yes. But it is not true that an earlier pick will get you a better player. An earlier pick gives you are better chance of a better player, but this does not mean that chance will occur.

To pull figures out of my behind, if pick 5 gives you a 10% chance of a brownlow medallist and pick 7 only an 8% chance, it is simply untrue to assume you will get said medallist with pick 5 & not with pick 7.

The coaching staff are experts, they clearly decided that the win was more important than the lower pick. History would tend to suggest they are correct, Carltank failed, Meltank did win a flag but only after the club imploded and Roos saved the day. The pick number 1 Meltank got, Jack Watts did not win them that flag.

Winning and losing are habits, let us develop the correct habit. Also losing to Carlton is NEVER acceptable.

It
Jones has always been a good player when up and running ..... problem was he was never up and running due to back to back to back to back injuries
Also he not taking the risks he used to and constantly getting caught. Think he’s been taught to stick to the basics and that he doesn’t have to do it all himself. Good coaching.

Can anyone recall/or have seen in print(my memory cells are fading quicker than Josh Battle's tenure at Rsea) the last time that we won a game after hitting the front with under 20 seconds left to play?

Surely yesterday's 12 seconds must be the shortest time in the last 50-60 years.
There was a game against the Dees a good few years back now when Joey kicked the match winning goal in the last few seconds. Maybe someone can remind us when it was. Tend to think it was at the G but possibly not. Was sitting with a Dees mate and had just conceded the game when they got in front and then someone kicked the ball long in the path of Joey and the rest, as they say, is history.

There was a game against the Dees a good few years back now when Joey kicked the match winning goal in the last few seconds. Maybe someone can remind us when it was. Tend to think it was at the G but possibly not. Was sitting with a Dees mate and had just conceded the game when they got in front and then someone kicked the ball long in the path of Joey and the rest, as they say, is history.
I was thinking it was the Dogs at Marvel. Agree on Joey though.

Edit: https://www.afl.com.au/news/46735/s...g-seconds-as-dees-etihad-heartbreak-continues

You were right: Dees

We're through! We're through!

It was 2015 ... Dees hit the front with 41 secs to go and Monty kicked the winner with 19 secs to go

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Byrnes ... though in the last few weeks he has definitely taken a few steps in the right direction.

For me he is showing a lot more composure with ball in hand ... previously he was a bit of a panic merchant but he is now seems to be more comfortable with the speed of the game and this decision making/pressure aspect will improve even further with more senior game day experience.

He is still a bit small and could well do to work on his strength/stamina to win more contested situations and eventually play a larger role in center square rotations but he has good speed and his skills are no issue .... very neat kick nowadays

And he is still only 23
Great observation. That does seem to be the big change in his game in the 2nd half of the season.

Jones has always been a good player when up and running ..... problem was he was never up and running due to back to back to back to back injuries
His kicking has been noticibly random with us, but he seems to be handballing more in the last 6 weeks or so since he got back in the team. Def worth another year.

10 disposals @90% efficiency in basically a quarter in a high pressure game - I’m all in on this kid!

A few more kilos and more games & he will be really something for us in the midfield
And with that in mind, we might relax just a wee bit about having to draft two elite mods this year or the roof will fall in or we might gnash our teeth less about 7/8 instead of 5/6 (assuming Band 1 compo).

Pou, Darcy, Hugo, Windy. All look like being genuine players. Potential elite qualities right there. Henry, Nas, Hunter showing consistency - he was good yesterday - Mitch. That’s a really talented group. Paddy, Stock as a shutdown artist, Byrnesy. Add another couple of talented kids this year and we may not be far off the makings of a high quality midfield. And quite possible that one or more of the above turn into genuine elite miss. Most of em are still kids.

His kicking has been noticibly random with us, but he seems to be handballing more in the last 6 weeks or so since he got back in the team. Def worth another year.

Yes indeed. I posted a couple of times to put him out pasture but wrong wrong wrong. He’s been great since stringing some games together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Sainters on the win yesterday 👍

Suspicious Futurama GIF

A very good call there Diehard.

I was at that game and it was at Marvel.

As you said....things looked absolutely shot and presto....in waltzed joey.

As I mentioned.......my memory aint that flash these days....lol.

Had a feeling that there was still a couple of minute's left on the clock.

Be great if someone could find the answer.

Just saw Saint Kiddings post....Joey goaled with 19 seconds to go.

I'm interested in what everyone thinks of the Dow free kick. Normally I'm pretty good at removing my bias and deciding when a free kick is there or not, but I really can't tell with that one.

I thought Cripps landed in his back, but if it had been paid against us would we have also been that angry?
You see the 50 against Battle to Blake.

Do you honestly think you're going to change anyone's mind?

You've made your point.

Let people enjoy a win.
Do you honestly think I could give a crap about changing minds? Geezus people post ….people respond ….if that’s destroys people “win enjoyment” I’d suggest get a life ? FMD

That was the one they had audio of Alan Richardson in the box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back