Game Day Round 3, 2019: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realise the system improvements in our game plan under Lade and Ratts. GC nearly jumped us when they used pace to break the system down and Essendon nearly got on top of us as we tired. No reason we can't win this, just need to keep really organised.

I also know if we had the players we had last year, we'd have lost that Essendon game even if we played like last week.
Bruce, Parker, Wilkie, and Marshall were essential.

AFL Live Pass is only $100 a year. You can live stream from the app to your computer or TV. If you have a telstra account, or for example a family member has an account and gives you their email address and p/w, you can sign up to LivePass. It's not really HD quality but watchable on a computer monitor.

I think we're a decent chance of making it 3-0 providing we get off to a good start and keep the Freo crowd relatively quiet.

We'll need to kick straighter than our last game there, we kicked 1.5 up until half time which killed any chance we had, Membrey was the worst offender.

Really hard game to tip. Could go either way & a true 50/50 game.

Umps aren’t usually too favourable to Freo at home. Nothing like playing the Eagles there which is an embarrassment!

I’ll go Saints by 5 points. The edge in outside run will get us over the line.
51/49 because of the GOAT factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other good thing about this game would be four our players to exercise the 'winning' clause in their contracts and stick it to Purpleland.

Bustout game for the Boxer...

Hoping we're witnessing the birth of a new era at the saints where we are once again revered and feared.
Yeah, Freo have their tall's but I still reckon their fallible and if we hit them hard enough with pressure we're a good chance.

I don’t think we will win unless Membrey finds his traditional mid season form and kicks a bag today.
We now have more than one goal kicking option - last year we had only Membery , McCartin , Weller - only one goal kicker there , this year we have Membery , Bruce , Kent , Parker who are all goal kickers

We have shown promise this year, but this match marks our most difficult to date, not so much for the opposition - because if this match were played at Marvel I would be confident of a win, but more for the hostility of the venue and crowd. The free kick differential will be so large in this match that it will produce its own gravity well. The umpires have had a very big hand in determining the outcome of matches so far this round and I can't see that stopping in this match. We have to wear that, and beat Fremantle anyway. It's a big ask, but doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back