(12th, 1-1) v Collingwood (17th, 0-2)
5.05pm AEST, Brighton Homes Arena
7mate - QLD

Saturday, 14 September

Sydney
(9th, 1-1) v Richmond (8th, 1-1)
12.35pm AEST, C.ex Coffs International Stadium
7mate - NSW

Carlton (14th, 1-1) v Geelong (15th, 0-1-1)
2.35pm AEST, Ikon Park

Port Adelaide (6th, 1-1) v Fremantle (7th, 1-1)
4.35pm AEST, Alberton Oval
7mate - SA, WA

Sunday, 15 September

Adelaide
(3rd, 2-0) v Hawthorn (1st, 2-0)
1.05pm AEST, Thomas Farms Oval
7mate - SA

Melbourne (11th, 1-1) v North Melb. (4th, 1-0-1)
1.05pm AEST, Casey Fields
Seven - VIC

Essendon (13th, 1-1) v St Kilda (2nd, 2-0)
3.05pm AEST, Windy Hill
Seven - VIC

GWS Giants (5th, 1-1) v Gold Coast (16th, 0-2)
5.05pm AEST, Manuka Oval
7mate - NSW, QLD

This round marks the first encounters for Syd-Rich, PA-Frem and Adel-Haw. And the first AFLW match to be played in Coffs Harbour.

It's also the first AFLW match at Whitten Oval since the completion of its redevelopment, which you probably heard about already. And while it'll be the 5th meeting between the Dogs and Eagles (3-1 H2H record), it'll be the first outside of WA. This won't be West Coast's first foray into Footscray though--they played, and lost, to Gold Coast there in one of those covid seasons.

Brisbane and North Melbourne this weekend are likely to become the first two teams to head into a match with 1000+ games already played among their selected 21. Previously the highest was Melbourne in last year's semi-final with 997. For comparison, the BL and NM men's teams had 3,133 and 1,919 games of AFL experience for their most recent lineups.

Adelaide and Carlton play their first home games for the season. It's the first time the Blues have had to wait until R3, and the 2nd time for the Crows.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brilliant Teen Wolf's Tips
WCE by 50
BL by 24
Rich by 12
Geel by 24
Frem by 3
Adel by 24
NM by 3
StK by 12
GWS by 3

I think I'll just keep giving my 50-pointer to the Dogs, until they kick 2+ goals in a game. They are obviously at threat of having the worst elongated stretch by any club in AFLW history, but no need to dwell on it before it happens (and it may not--won't exactly require miracles to avoid).

Injury setback for Lauren Butler revealed during the week, quashing any adventurous tip for Collingwood to repeat last year's upset of the Lions in Springfield.

Thinking the Tigers will get over the line in good-enough but not overly convincing fashion against NSW opponents for the 2nd time in a week.

Some fitness questions for Geelong mean quite a few of their next 8 matches (all of which I had down as wins in pre-season tips) could be 50-50 games at best, but this shouldn't be one. If they don't crush Carlton, it'll make me wonder a little bit.

After Fremantle's shocker last week, my instinct was to back Port, but then I remembered my new rule for tipping Dockers games. With Cuthbertson out, I don't think PA are going to be able to stop Tighe.

Not expecting a Hawks win, but definitely anticipating a good game vs the Crows, which is more than I would've said just a few weeks ago.

If NM don't win this weekend, sheesh, will they ever win at Casey Fields again. Another loss for Melbourne would really strengthen a theory I have about them and that ground so, even putting aside club allegiances, I'm very interested in the outcome of this one.

St Kilda at Windy Hill let me down big time last year. If they reverse that result this year and start 3-0 (which would also mean 5 wins on the trot), it'll be time to forget about H&A 2023 and start considering Finals 2024.

And apparently I'm tipping the underdog (says the bookies) for the last match of the round, but it certainly doesn't feel that way to me. Gold Coast were not terrible last week, despite coming away from Mackay with a terrible result, so it wouldn't shock me if they get up... but I can't go past the Giants whose 2nd half fight at Punt Road was noteworthy.

The "brilliant" Teen Wolf looks to be falling at the first hurdle, the Dogs have looked really determined tonight it would be a shame if they lost by 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ella Roberts would look fantastic in Royal Blue & White. :) She was the only Eagle worth watching last season, she has a couple of partners this season, but still far and away the best player in the Eagles line up.

I like how Daisy is using her, keeping her on the ground as much as possible by "resting" her up forward.

Last edited:
A couple of squandered gimmes by the Dogs. And then the Eagles take it up the other end and make them pay instantly... orrrr, eventually.

And oh no, the mid-game interviews are back.

"Round 3 season opener" is a thing Kelli Underwood just said.
You need to remember it's Kelli Underwood, she may have a Journalism degree, but that doesn't mean she has any understanding of the English language or what she is saying.

"BLACKBURN MIGHTA HURT ERSELF"

um no, the moron who dived into her knees, clearly after the goal was kicked, hurt her. That was so dumb. Should've been a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back