Women's Footy Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• [1] Eleanor Hartill

• [2] Tahlia Hickie

• [3] Breanna Koenen

• [5] Jade Ellenger

• [6] Lily Postlethwaite

• [7] Ellie Hampson

• [8] Jennifer Dunne

• [9] Orla O'Dwyer

• [10] Natalie Grider

• [12] Sophie Conway

• [14] Dakota Davidson

• [15] Poppy Boltz

• [17] Isabel Dawes

• [18] Ally Anderson

• [20] Shannon Campbell

• [21] Courtney Hodder

• [22] Sophie Peters

• [25] Cathy Svarc

• [28] Charlotte Mullins

• [29] Ruby Svarc

• [31] Taylor Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grider, Koenen and Campbell just cleaned things up at the back and there was some good overlap run out of defence. Tay Smith played well up forward, although missed a couple of gettable ones. Conway looked dangerous and knew when to run. Dawes is always in the game. I thought it was Orla’s best game of the season so far.

At top gear we made Collingwood look a bit pedestrian.

Always nice to beat the Pies, but not getting too excited given their injury crisis. Bit rich of their fans to complain about being a foundation club and being raided, having lost just one decent player to an expansion team. Some of us get raided again and again and still manage to get back up every season

At the start of this round the McClelland ladder was:
  1. Swans 76
  2. Hawks 72
  3. Port 72
  4. GWS 68
  5. Lions 66
  6. Cats 64
  7. Blues 60
  8. Saints 60
  9. Freo 58
  10. Dogs 56
  11. Dons 54
  12. Pies 52
  13. Dees 52
  14. Crows 50
  15. SUNS 44
  16. West Coast 28
  17. Roos 24
  18. Tigers 16
I've added a McClelland ladder to my sites:

This will continue to update as I add results in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say, I think the backline looked much better balanced without Lutkins. At the ground it really stands out how strong Koenen and Campbell are, but they need dynamic runners around them.

Thought Hickie did a great job of negating Frederick, jumped over her when she had space and tangled her up when in close.

Smith is showing the benefits of a big preseason. She has lost a bit of her baby giraffe appearance and looks much better balanced and able to hold her position.

But our fleet of smalls strangled them. We just had way too many good players with too much class, run and pressure across the park.

I haven't been able to work out if the W's for and against counts double towards percentage or not, has this been confirmed either way?
Percentage is inherently normalised, so there would be no need to double it.

Here's how the AFL described it:
Screenshot_20240914-094921.png

A good game for a debut. She seems to have plenty in of attributes to make it. I suspect the debutants will replace one another for a couple of weeks so they all get a taste of it early. Unless there is an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Back