Preview Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th April, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to get cocky and start believing that we are a walk up winner for every match
God bless you gringo. 3 weeks ago it was everyone's hopeless and we are going backwards, now we're walk up winners every week.

This is a sick, sick disease and I am just saddened and angry at what it's done to you. I think you need an exorcism.

I remember some of us talking like this last season at the bye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly. What we haven't seen yet is how this team and these coaches respond to a humiliating loss, how doubt affects this team.

We have traditionally been great when we get on a roll, but the moment cracks appear, it all turns to dust. That's where leadership us vital. I watch and wait.

Exactly. What we haven't seen yet is how this team and these coaches respond to a humiliating loss, how doubt affects this team.

We have traditionally been great when we get on a roll, but the moment cracks appear, it all turns to dust. That's where leadership us vital. I watch and wait.
With our injury list we should be 0 -3 not 3-0
We will have plenty of losses this year as long as we give the effort we have been seeing and keep playing the young lads. i will be very happy

With our injury list we should be 0 -3 not 3-0
We will have plenty of losses this year as long as we give the effort we have been seeing and keep playing the young lads. i will be very happy
As RTB said, this is a year of exploration.

With our injury list anything else is a big bonus!

Ohhhhhh come on guys, let’s not get too soft, stalkings not a crime.

👀

peeping tom GIF
giphy.webp

I think we could go deep in finals
Just need the kids to last till the senior players come back from injury then if they need a rest they can freshen up
Wont be long and we will have a choice of king hayes skunk hammer pou owens higgo butts up fwd
Owens and pou might start getting small runs threw the guts

Seriously more excited than i think i have ever been
Even more than 04 and 09

Next few years are just going to be brilliant to look fwd to

Lyon has a game style that looks like it will hold up. 2020 looked good but late in the year we'd lost our element of surprise. This style looks much harder to stop. It's not like there is one obvious way to stop what we are doing. Champion data are trying to sell our secrets but I can't see how anyone can stop it. It's just a wave of defence that washes over the whole ground. If you attack we wear you down, if you try to match it we are better drilled and fitter.

He gave off annoying jerk vibes, but hardly on his own for that 🙂

I had more battles than most with him but feel a bit sorry for him. He's done his best to get banned for years but this place has been a big part of his life and he must be struggling to adjust to not posting any more. He's brought it on himself though.

I had more battles than most with him but feel a bit sorry for him. He's done his best to get banned for years but this place has been a big part of his life and he must be struggling to adjust to not posting any more. He's brought it on himself though.
Don't make me feel bad about it you bastard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast have some serious upcoming guns in that midfield (Miller truly already there) but boy or boy did you guys see Crouch and Ross play on the weekend? If we see that kinda effort and composure from them consistently I’m confident against any midfield in the comp almost. Never seen Ross especially play like that, not even in his more prolific years

Gold Coast have some serious upcoming guns in that midfield (Miller truly already there) but boy or boy did you guys see Crouch and Ross play on the weekend? If we see that kinda effort and composure from them consistently I’m confident against any midfield in the comp almost. Never seen Ross especially play like that, not even in his more prolific years

Anderson last year looked A grade and his mate Rowell is back to being the absolute beast he was early on. Witts feeding them. They're actually starting to look very decent.

I'm a bit worried that someone will have to take his place. This place could be a bit saccharine without a resident agitator. Imagine if we are playing finals and an awesome team again. This place will be like a hippy commune.
I can play devils advocate though in a much less aggressively “I’m trying to piss you off” manner.

I hate when things are either too miserable or happy

What we haven't seen yet is how this team and these coaches respond to a humiliating loss, how doubt affects this team.

I'm not worried about this- we've been tested in every win so far against decent quality opponents- all of who play contrasting styles.

We met their challenges and reversed momentum swings while sticking to our plan.

The biggest worry or unknown at this point I think is whether this 'run them off their feet all day' style is sustainable up to.and throughout finals.

Hopefully we are smart enough to keep everyone fresh for September.

I remember some of us talking like this last season at the bye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think most people saw the 2nd half of the season was going to be tough. Didn't expect us to get beaten up by the Lions after a week off (they hadn't had the bye and had just come back from WA on a 6 day break) followed by the debacle against the Bombers. But most were saying we'll probably scrape in at the very best.

Anderson last year looked A grade and his mate Rowell is back to being the absolute beast he was early on. Witts feeding them. They're actually starting to look very decent.

GCS has always had the individual talents trotting around, their issues for mine were originally they had nothing behind it as Demetriou was a hack and then secondly they were just poorly run with a poor culture around them. Like, they were us back in the day only in todays age and without the "being serviceable in the VAFA" period.

Under Dew they've just gotten a little more refined, but it's nothing that say anything that McKenna or Eade didn't try. Say Dew's was;

Second last - 2018
Last - 2019
14th - 2020
16th - 2021
12th - 2022

So not much different to the points where McKenna and Eade then both got sacked, so he's on thin ice if there's a better coach out there and GCS is a bit more desperate than us for any sort of success, at all. They tend to run into the same roadblocks we did under Richo and Ratts as well, so it's more weight of numbers esque rather than set plans, tactics, sprinkles of player driven adaptation and stress tests in matches so I am not all convinced they have a plan B and won't just fail like the decade before.

They tend to run into the same roadblocks we did under Richo and Ratts as well, so it's more weight of numbers esque rather than set plans, tactics, sprinkles of player driven adaptation and stress tests in matches so I am not all convinced they have a plan B and won't just fail like the decade before.
Anything to do with weight of numbers and you'd back in Stewie Dew, surely !!

GCS has always had the individual talents trotting around, their issues for mine were originally they had nothing behind it as Demetriou was a hack and then secondly they were just poorly run with a poor culture around them. Like, they were us back in the day only in todays age and without the "being serviceable in the VAFA" period.

Under Dew they've just gotten a little more refined, but it's nothing that say anything that McKenna or Eade didn't try. Say Dew's was;

Second last - 2018
Last - 2019
14th - 2020
16th - 2021
12th - 2022

So not much different to the points where McKenna and Eade then both got sacked, so he's on thin ice if there's a better coach out there and GCS is a bit more desperate than us for any sort of success, at all. They tend to run into the same roadblocks we did under Richo and Ratts as well, so it's more weight of numbers esque rather than set plans, tactics, sprinkles of player driven adaptation and stress tests in matches so I am not all convinced they have a plan B and won't just fail like the decade before.

Speaking of Eade I was listening to him on the Footyology podcast today and he tipped us to beat his old mob Gold Coast.

He also seemed to be quite impressed with the high pressure game plan we are playing under Ross which isn't all that surprising as he had a lot of trouble beating us when he was coaching the Dogs and Ross was coaching us so he would know better than anyone how hard he is to coach against.

Anything to do with weight of numbers and you'd back in Stewie Dew, surely !!

Ross isn't too far behind him these days, he might have got our players rock hard fit but he has let himself go.

As long as we are winning though I don't care if he looks like Jabba the Hutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back