Preview Round 4, 2024: Richmond v St.Kilda - Norwood Oval, Sunday 7th April, 3:20PM AEST *GATHER ROUND*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he average a goal a game last year?

Owens in his career has kicked 30 goals 20 behinds. 26: 16 last season. But this seas has looked dreadful.

I don't have stats for this, but I think he is better at snaps than at set shots, plus quite a few of those snaps were close to goal.

I can guarantee you if Windy does that in a prelim he doesn't gets sited. The AFL doing it's usual trying to make some stance at the start of the season but that is just ridiculous if you get a week for that.
Well if it’s cotchin in a final it’s no way that’s for sure. Less so somebody like Long…

Probably not a popular opinion but if Dougal hadn't been injured in the last minutes of a practice match I reckon we'd be 3-0.
No it’s fair. Don’t understand the Dougal haters, and miss the spin moves and kick out on the full from back pocket. Literally in a game v Swans two years ago at the SCG it was the only highlight of the evening for us!

Check out 2009. RTB as Coach and Misson as High Performance Manager (or similar). Don't think we had one soft tissue injury for the year and we had the lightest injury list in the comp. Admittedly that's not Misson's rule now but he'd still have to be all over it.

I can't believe it's any more than bad luck. Or maybe we were lucky back in 2009!

Who's role is it now, since Walsh left i assumed Misson was wearing more than one hat.

I remember back when Richo was full forward for Richmond.
They came out before the game, other players were kicking the ball around warming up, Richo was doing pushups.
Later they spoke to him about it, and he's like ...
"I practise kicking at training, i put them through, its not like i need more practice, i can kick the ball before the game and it'll go through.
With the push ups i thought i'd just do something different. "

Having Tigers mates and going to a few games back then, Richo would kick like a laser in the warm ups and then find new ways to miss when the game started. He'd kick freak snap goals and miss from 15 meters directly in front.

Yep simply because he wasnt coping with the training loads...fatigue is not just a game day thing.
Who says he wasn't. I have been to training over preseason and now season perhaps 15 times and never once seen him not coping with training loads.
You are talking through your arse mate.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit of SDS (Sharman Derangement Syndrome) in here. I think Sharman plays not because he is a good forward. He plays because of the versatility he provides. He can play forward, defence, wing and he can play on a tall or a small. I judge him on team balance. Does he add more positives to the team or more negatives. IMO we are a more balanced side when he plays.

Top players run 15-16kms a game and mostly at speed. I dont know what km's they do in training, but just imagine backing up to train or play after running a half marathon.

Jackson: “If you expose fast-twitch muscle fibres to high, intense loads, they will become damaged more easily and will take longer to recover. The ability to perform at high speeds and high intensity diminishes. If you’re then asked to reproduce that force every few days then, ultimately, there’s a risk of muscle injury — particularly for those fast-twitch type of players.

“If the muscle doesn’t fail, you can also get central nervous system fatigue for all of these guys. This leads to a higher risk of poor motor control and therefore risk of joint injury. For example, we might see an increase in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL knee) injuries, purely because of a fatigued player not putting their foot in the right position and not being able to adapt and react quickly enough. So that’s where joint injuries may well go up.”
There is a lot more to training and their load management then how far they run.

Their entire weeks are built to ensure they get up for game day. They aren’t punching 15kms every training session mid week 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charmer...

The fact you go to training doesnt make you an expert on sports science or player fatigue management. It just makes you a sad individual who has nothing better to do with their life. How about you do some reading on fatigue management so can you actually attempt to understand what Im talking about.
And you quoting Jackson doesn't make you any more of one.

However the people I'm charge are, they know the players inside and out and I'll back them in over some person who "researches" off google

However the people I'm charge are, they know the players inside and out and I'll back them in over some person who "researches" off google

Yep and thats why our injury list over the past 2 years has been double most other clubs....they are doing an excellent job!

Chill mate...he has an opinion about our injury issues, why has it triggered you so much. Must say I for one am getting mighty pissed off with our injury issues

Chill mate...he has an opinion about our injury issues, why has it triggered you so much. Must say I for one am getting mighty pissed off with our injury issues
It's one thing to have an opinion, uts another thing to attack a poster who goes out of his way to attend training and the likes.

Yep and thats why our injury list over the past 2 years has been double most other clubs....they are doing an excellent job!
We have 8 on the injury list

Adelaide 7

Brisbane 7

Carlton 9

Collingwood 6

Essendon 8

Fremantle 12

Geelong 5

Geelong 5

Gws 7

Hawthorn 8

Melbourne 9

North Melbourne 7

Port Adelaide 4

Richmond 13

Sydney 9

West Coast 8

Western bulldogs 6

So there are 8 teams who have the same or more injuries than us.

So.most of the competition has 7 or more injuries. Maybe their high performance medical staff are shit too

Or Maybe it's the nature of the game, champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back