Game Day ROUND 4: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 17 September , 3.10pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Day Hub Hawthorn's match day information

B: Mackenzie Eardley, Catherine Brown
HB: Jessica Duffin, Aileen Gilroy, Bridie Hipwell
C: Charlotte Baskaran, Tamara Smith, Kaitlyn Ashmore
HF: Sophie Locke, Tegan Cunningham, Tahlia Fellows
F: Akec Makur Chuot, Bridget Deed
R: Lucy Wales, Tilly Lucas-Rodd, Jasmine Fleming
INT: Ainslie Kemp, Zoe Barbakos, Laura Elliot, Isabelle Porter, Aine McDonagh

Emer: Dominique Carbone, Kate McCarthy, Emily Everist

In: Aine McDonagh (AFLW debut), Bridget Deed, Mackenzie Eardley, Tahlia Fellows
Out: Dominique Carbone (omitted), Eliza Shannon (injured), Kate McCarthy (omitted), Sarah Perkins (omitted)

Our best mids are Smith and Lucas-Rodd both been quiet and they are small Mids not suited in these conditions
Fleming is our best mid today and she is 17

Need to get Gilroy in there, but she’s been filling a hole in the forward line but not getting in there often enough

Last edited:
Jasmine Fleming did extremely well with 25 disposals.
She was great. Met her dad after the game(my childhood hero) and he was awesome.

My wife and I went to the post-game function. The girls were all fantastic. My wife and I have been going through a lot, so it was a welcome break (miscarriage).
She broke down because she was having a great time (first time in a month she's been able to forget). Dominique Carbone (who we'd previously met) took her under her wing, introduced her to the girls, and had a really long chat about footy with both of us.

She was great. Met her dad after the game(my childhood hero) and he was awesome.

My wife and I went to the post-game function. The girls were all fantastic. My wife and I have been going through a lot, so it was a welcome break (miscarriage).
She broke down because she was having a great time (first time in a month she's been able to forget). Dominique Carbone (who we'd previously met) took her under her wing, introduced her to the girls, and had a really long chat about footy with both of us.
Great story mate & thanks for sharing. Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Great story mate & thanks for sharing. Really sorry to hear about your loss.
Unfortunately it is part of life (estimate that 60% of pregnancies are unviable, just that normally the woman is unaware she's pregnant and it passes naturally). We are unlucky that she gets pregnancy symptoms the day of conceiving pretty much, so it's 3 earpy miscarriages we'd otherwise be unaware of.

Anyway, story is the girls were amazing, particularly when she began crying because she was happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back