Preview Round 4: Richmond V Melbourne "ANZAC Day Eve" @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 24/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will go to Houli? He's our barometer I reckon.

I think Kent plays that lockdown forward role for them, could be wrong though

im actually fairly comfortable with the selections this week. i reckon its got a good balance of speed and toughness about it which is something we have lacked.

Rance and Astbury will cover Hogan and Dawes comfortable i reckon and between Batch, Vlaus, Hunt, Drummond we should be able to curb Watts.

Morris to Garlett to provide a shadow

Ellis and Lumumba to go head to head leaving K-Mac to run the legs off Cross on the wing.

The only thing that can undo us is if we turn up with a lack of intensity which is always a possibility. but based on the selections it looks like we have set ourselves for this encounter and are prepared to go toe to toe with them.

Very nervous about tonight.
We have such a tough draw in the next few weeks that I can not stress how important this game is.
If we can be 3-1 going into the Geelong game, I will be very satisfied and will also be confident that we can topple some of the bigger teams in the next few weeks.
We are such a confidence team, that a good start is vital if we are to win.
The Carlton game in round 1 is the only game in recent memory that I can think of, where we have come from behind to win.
Need big games from Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt tonight.

Newman has played two good quarters of football all season, happy to see him out of the side.
Knights has done nothing for two years so anyone complaining he is a massive out has me a little confused.
Only change that worries me is Chaplin being out. He is a general down back and controls the match-ups etc.

Very happy to see Madonna back in the side. Can play inside/outside mid and across half forward. Hopefully we don't try use him as a small defender again.

Melbourne will definitely try and congest the game and slow down our run and carry, hence the inclusions of big bodies; Drummond & Arnott.

Does anyone else feel as though Arnott could be a late withdrawal for Vickery if we get no rain today?

The Carlton game in round 1 is the only game in recent memory that I can think of, where we have come from behind to win.

Adelaide in Adelaide last year where they ran over the top of us early in the final quarter to snatch the lead but we kicked the last couple to win.

Showed a fair bit of character that game. I think we should be ok if we bring our game.

Only change that worries me is Chaplin being out. He is a general down back and controls the match-ups etc.
I agree with you although I reckon Rance has come on in leaps and bounds in that area. It's no coincidence that our defence is highly rated since Chaplin has come to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im actually fairly comfortable with the selections this week. i reckon its got a good balance of speed and toughness about it which is something we have lacked.

Rance and Astbury will cover Hogan and Dawes comfortable i reckon and between Batch, Vlaus, Hunt, Drummond we should be able to curb Watts.

Morris to Garlett to provide a shadow

Ellis and Lumumba to go head to head leaving K-Mac to run the legs off Cross on the wing.

The only thing that can undo us is if we turn up with a lack of intensity which is always a possibility. but based on the selections it looks like we have set ourselves for this encounter and are prepared to go toe to toe with them.
Agree about the potential lack of intensity. The number of ins for us though should surely be enough for those new players to take it seriously (Drummond is an exception being). McDonough and Arnott will want to be switched on and show what they can do as this is their opportunity to prove themselves for a legitimate place in the starting 22.

The only thing that is a little unsettling is having too many ins in such a short space of time could unsettle how they play as a team?

Overall I don't mind the look of this side. Got to get the job done and make the most of the early part of the season. 3-1 get it done. Go Tigers!

make no mistake, last week was pure BS. yeah we blew them away, but we blew them away with shit footy for most of the night...thats how bad the Lions were...if we lost tonight I fear the worst, i.e. we have gone nowhere over the pre-season and worse, gone backwards..
Dimma will be in the gun, locked and loaded, if we dont get the 4 points tonight. lock it in.

Won't rain

These Vic weather wankas got no clue
I follow the weather just out of curiosity more than anything and just let me say this, the BOM here in Melbourne have had a shocker this year, they cannot predict anything other than what the actual temperature will be, I say this to the missus most times about the BOM, unless it's over 30 and clear skies they cant predict shit, when they say it's cloudy its mostly sunny, when they say it's going to be rainy it means their just guessing because they have no idea.

Give Arnott a job on Jones for a period of time, to learn how he goes about it. They would be pretty similar athletically I would have thought.
Needs to show something this evening that he belongs.

Fri 24
Apr 13:00
WNW.gif

WNW

10 / 12 km/h 21 / 21°C 61% 1003 mb
Low level cloud: 54%
Mid level cloud: 75%
High level cloud: 19%
Most Significant Cloud Type: low
82%
Expect 0.1 mm of precipitation over the next 3 hours.
Expect 1.0 mm precipitation over the next 6 hours.
Expect 1.7 mm precipitation over the next 12 hours.
0.1 mm
Cloudy.gif

16:00
WNW.gif

WNW

9 / 11 km/h 22 / 21°C 58% 1002 mb
Low level cloud: 35%
Mid level cloud: 56%
High level cloud: 0%
54%
Expect 0.1 mm of precipitation over the next 3 hours.
Expect 1.6 mm precipitation over the next 6 hours.
Expect 1.6 mm precipitation over the next 12 hours.
0.1 mm
PartlyCloudyDay.gif

19:00
NW.gif

NW

6 / 13 km/h 13 / 13°C 78% 1003 mb
Low level cloud: 23%
Mid level cloud: 31%
34%
Expect 0.8 mm of precipitation over the next 3 hours.
Expect 1.5 mm precipitation over the next 6 hours.
Expect 1.5 mm precipitation over the next 12 hours.
0.8 mm
IsoRainSwrsNight.gif

22:00
NW.gif

NW

8 / 18 km/h 12 / 11°C 84% 1005 mb
Low level cloud: 55%
Mid level cloud: 49%
71%
Expect 0.7 mm of precipitation over the next 3 hours.
Expect 0.7 mm precipitation over the next 6 hours.
Expect 0.7 mm precipitation over the next 12 hours.
0.7 mm

http://www.myweather2.com/Cricket/Australia/Melbourne-Cricket-Ground.aspx

i actually disagree. Chaplin is our chief organiser down back much like Maxwell was cor collingwood. He sets up our defence and allow Rance and Astbury to play their role. i am happy to be shown differently but he is a super important player to us in terms of structure, leadership and organisation.

hes old hes slow as butter and his disposal is sometimes not sharp, look to the youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back