AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yikes, this was shaping up to be a classic, but a couple Cats (I'm thinking Bowen and Webster) are gonna have to step up big in the 2nd half if they're 2 down on the bench.

It'll also put my analogy to the test wherein McDonald is the oily rag, Morrison is the engineer, and Prespakis is the engine (theoretically the oily rag should be the most replaceable).

Geelong still have to play Richmond, Brisbane and Adelaide. And they're about to go 1-3-1 unless they pull off a huge heist in the fourth quarter.

Finals are looking very unlikely now with that McDonald injury, let alone top 6.

Gunjaca been led to the ball all night, on a 10 metre leash. In addition to not being able to kick. Sheesh. There's one All-Australian "snub" the selectors certainly got right.

If tam Smith gets suspended it's because of the Geelong cheerleaders in the commentary box
She won't be suspended because of them. It'll be because it was the exact same thing Tarni White got 3 weeks for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well people want to say the league is nothing but blowouts, so they ignore things like drawn games in consecutive rounds, and then a goal after the siren to win last week.

So I doubt 21 goals tonight (which would be 30+ easy with 20 minute time-on quarters) will move the needle much regarding other talking points, such as the value of playing in dry conditions on a long field (with protection from built-up stands).

Chloe Scheer is a TBC atm, still sounds like she's ages away imo. Based on the way Geelong ran out the game, they should notch up wins against Fremantle and Sydney next week as long as there aren't even more injuries coming their way.

thanks. FInals look a long way off with what lies ahead for the cats.

Looks like a nice day in Melb. Which games are you looking forward to and why? Any predictions on high scoring games

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back