AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a crap decision.
Underwood calling it as behind the play.
The rule is your within 3 mtr of the ball you can shepherd and that’s what it was.
Accidental head clash, dunno that’s worth 3 weeks
View attachment 2123678
Look at the other angle. Head actually misses smith's head

Look at the other angle. Head actually misses smith's head
I’d be surprised if that was cited in the mens game and itd be challenged if it went further.

She wasn’t picked off it was a shepherd that the Geelong player didn’t have the awareness to brace for.

That's what I thought. She bumped her body right? If no contact to the head can you still get suspended?
I don't think you should be suspended for a bump to the body that didn't involve any head contact, but the Geelong player stayed on the ground for some time, so perhaps there was some accidental contact (but other angles suggest there may have been no contact) or perhaps she hit her head on ground, but I don't think the Hawks player should be suspended for that.

Lol yeah it was just Sarah Hosking who said she beat out her buddy Sarah Rowe for a spot.

Whether the latter Sarah ended up managing to secure a park within the precinct, or had to park in the sidestreets somewhere (a current problem identified by the Punt Road Oval redevelopment plan), I'm not sure!

I've been re-watching the broadcast from the start to early in the 2nd quarter. When does happen exactly? I can't find it.

I've been re-watching the broadcast from the start to early in the 2nd quarter. When does happen exactly? I can't find it.
Well I posted it a 1.31pm, so probably late in Q3. Just a throwaway comment.

I don't think you should be suspended for a bump to the body that didn't involve any head contact, but the Geelong player stayed on the ground for some time, so perhaps there was some accidental contact (but other angles suggest there may have been no contact) or perhaps she hit her head on ground, but I don't think the Hawks player should be suspended for that.
They clashed heads, I think it was just the way they clashed heads was the reason why the geelong player was possibly concussed. It was a fair bump/shepherd, just extremely unlucky. Nothing different the hawks player could have possibly done.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1:31pm was the start of the 2nd quarter basically.
Nah the game started at 12.05pm.

I have the exact time for you: The comment was made with 2 minutes and 36 seconds left in Q3. Tune in with 2 minutes and 46 seconds left in Q3 to see the "body work" by Meara Girvan, which is what Sarah Hosking uses as a comparison with her own work in the carpark.

I can even cut it into a 5-second clip and post it, if you like. Not gonna change anybody's mind about the redevelopment though, if we're being honest.

Oh and speaking of redevelopments: it isn't as bad as what Carlton did to their ground, but how disappointing is the northern end of Whitten Oval.

$78m from the taxpayer because women's football is very important... but apparently not important enough to have a fence vaguely in the vicinity of the ****ing boundary line. I thought they were going to fix that?

Ok now back to the game.

A tipped bottom side losing their some of their better players before the season and during, that could only score a goal in its first two matches, are bizarrely a game out of the eight. 🙃

Do you guys reckon Scott Gowans will win back-to-back AFLCA Coach of the Year awards? And will Kate Hore win back-to-back AFLPA Best Captain awards (in addition to being named All-Australian captain again)?

Nah the game started at 12.05pm.

I have the exact time for you: The comment was made with 2 minutes and 36 seconds left in Q3. Tune in with 2 minutes and 46 seconds left in Q3 to see the "body work" by Meara Girvan, which is what Sarah Hosking uses as a comparison with her own work in the carpark.

I can even cut it into a 5-second clip and post it, if you like. Not gonna change anybody's mind about the redevelopment though, if we're being honest.
That's why I couldn't find it. Thanks, I've seen it now.

Why is the game at Punt Road anyway? Is it because of the grand final parade near by?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back