AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tam Smith got a 3 week suspension. Good on the Geelong cheersquad in the commentary box for making sure it happens.
No head high contact (even whiplash didn't have incidental contact), wasn't off the ball (despite kelli insisting it was)

Absolute joke

3 weeks in a 10 week competition is brutal, that is like 7 weeks in the mens game.

But even then, the act was not worth even a week. It was a football act, there was no alternative action, and there was no head contact.

I am not 100% sure, i played it slowly and whilst she didn't hit her high with the shoulder it seems there was contact with their heads, but I can't be certain. The Geelong player was concussed, I am not sure if you can get concussed from a clash of shoulders.

I'm not sure if they have changed tribunal decisions recently but I remember after much pearl clutching by journos after Lyndsey Thomas got off after an accidental head contact when bumping someone they determined that accidental head contact as a consequence of a bumping action was no longer a defense. But they flip flop so much I have no idea what the current interpretation is.

If the contact was accidental head contact then it wouldn't hurt the Hawks challenging the report, not sure if it will make a difference though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 5 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 24th - Sun 29th, Sep.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back