Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

And he never wanted to be main ruck. That's the annoying thing. He left GWS because he didn't want to play main ruck
Makes you miss Jonno Griffen. I'm loving Lobb's work but he's not a main ruck and you can tell he doesn't want the mantle. Think he's going to really struggle on the weekend.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm thinking Hamlimg will be a late out and Darcy in to be honest

Seems crazy to not have Darcy in

I smell a rat

Did he travel as emergency?
Mumford will dominate the hitouts, but so what. Lobb should dominate around the ground, get forward and use his speed.
Mumford will hurt any ruckman. Just not really any point trying to combat that without Sandi and an underdone Darcy.

Ch 10 promo saying that one of our forwards didn't get on the plane, but I didn't watch their news. Peel play tomorrow, so I guess they could fly someone tomorrow.

Why would we name this 'forward' to play the same day he wasn't on the plane???
In fact, the teams would have went in AFTER we flew??
Weird!
Maybe flying tomorrow?

Why be critical of something that hasn't happened. Why get your testicles in a knot before the event.
While I’d love to know (or maybe I wouldn’t) what event you need to get your testicles in a knot for, I think it’s worth analysis given Ross’s nature. He’s been criticised for being too defense-minded. It’s been shown his defensive game style doesn’t win premierships. When he starts talking about putting our big name forward into the back line, that suggest he still holds that mindset. It should be worrying more people.

Of course, it could be all smokes and mirrors, but given Lyon’s nature it seems unlikely.

And he never wanted to be main ruck. That's the annoying thing. He left GWS because he didn't want to play main ruck

Yep. Went looking and it does seem to be what part of the move was all about. It's crazy how we've gone to having such strong ruck options to it being a deficit of our team.

Lobb should take it. Would be dominance over the ground. But for some reason, reminds me of Clarke. But a better mark/kick.

Thing about Clarke is he was pretty decent at one point. Don't think injuries helped but I remember him being a key player around 2012/2013.

I would prefer Lobb to be a back up to someone who wants to ply their trade in that area. Too bad we can't find another Michael or Sandi running around the WAFL.

McCarthy? Fly Cox over. ASAP
Cox did fly with Crowden as emergencies.

McCarthy trained but didn't look that happy apparently and couldn't fly as he was sick 10 news reported. Two days before is leaving lots of downtime isn't it? Just as well lots of things to do in Can Berra. Didn't think Hogan looked very happy as well, don't know what the problem was but naviculars do take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flight today got away just before 6pm, due into Canberra about a quarter to midnight. Less than ideal.
Really is quarter to 10 pm. Not too bad. Worst part would be hanging around in the airport for 3 hours then a flight of almost 5 hours.

Interesting that Darcy has been listed as an AFL emergency (didn't travel) but is not listed in the team for Peel. Does he and Shultz slot in and kick someone out for Peel?

1555591304756.png

Edit:Have moved the Peel team sheet to Peel thread, with questions why Shultz isn't listed an "in" -maybe don't have to if they didn't play last week and an AFL emergency?

But also why Banfield and Nyhuis are listed as "ins" when they did play last week?

Last edited:
If McCarthy has the slightest of niggles or sniffles and Cox is ready to go he needs to come in- McCarthy doesn't travel well anyway and
Haynes on McCarthy makes me very nervous..
I feel sorry for Lobb who should be up fwd but untill Darcy is fully fit and firing and running freely to contribute around the ground we can't risk playing him

Cox is only out of the side because of that pre-season injury. I reckon he comes back into this side this weekend and stays.

Cox is only a shadow of his future self.

Play him on his potential in 2-3 years and send one of Lobb, McCarthy, Taberner, Hogan to Peel? - nope, he will push them out based on this years body of work, not his future body of work and he isn't there yet, injury for example having held him back the last few rounds without even needing to deal with the "who is better"etc.

Agree on that. Very ordinary as a forward but roving the field as a ruck he was, for mine, a decent asset. Again, it was the injuries that rankled him. Bit like Griffin to be fair. Story of the club it would seem. Watched the 2010 final against Hawks yesterday. Gee! Morabito could have been a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back