Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep the same set up. The mix of smalls and talls is right. But gee a competent forward structure would go along way. So out of shape and having smalls I50s with no talls.

In: Fyfe
Out: Conca.

Hope Hamling’s okay. Cox is probably next but he’s underdone. Really don’t know who comes out for Fyfe. No one is banging the door down at WAFL.

I’d even consider Wilson our for Nyhuis. Guys confidence is gone. Nyhuis gets the job done and limits his opponent. Wilson isn’t accountable, both offensively and defensively

Darcy shouldn’t come in. Don’t look at stats alone! He was pretty average today for Peel. His tank isn’t afl ready.

We simply can’t go that tall. If they want Darcy in, you would have to drop Lobb! Not gonna happen.

Out: Hamling, Shultz
In: Cox, North

Give Fyfe one more week

Let me guess? Out: Hughes

FFS some people should not be allowed to analyse football.
Hughes was awesome on Darling once Hamling was injured. The only goal Darling kicked after Hamling went off was when Ryan was playing on him. So much for the insults on here. GWS goes with second and third tall that are more running types in Finlayson and Himmelberg. Cox would be a terrible match-up for both of them or Cameron. Id go Nyhuis and Fyfe (only if ready) for Shultz and Hamling.

Anyone want to make a bet Hughes is ahead of Cerra in the best and fairest after four rounds? Loser only has to post on here they were wrong either way.

Out: Conca the coach killer, Schulz, Hamling (inj)

In: Fyfe, Bewley, Cox

Also need to sort the ruck to beat Mumford but not sure how to do that as I think Lobb makes a good forward.

God damn our injury list is looking longer and longer. Logue would have been useful.

In: Fyfe, North

Out: Schulz, Hamling

A few guys are lucky we have so many injuries and little pressure for spots, including Colyer, Wilson and Conca. Hughes is getting some weird fanatical support here considering he’s an average defender at best and a liability at worst. His game was not that good.

Darcy shouldn’t come in. Don’t look at stats alone! He was pretty average today for Peel. His tank isn’t afl ready.

We simply can’t go that tall. If they want Darcy in, you would have to drop Lobb! Not gonna happen.

Out: Hamling, Shultz
In: Cox, North

Give Fyfe one more week

What makes you say that Darcy wasn't okay yesterday in the WAFL? It did look at times like he was straining a bit but my other recollection of him was seeing everywhere including doing good stuff deep in defence, giving first usage in the middle and also pushing forward (although not being effective forward as I thoughg he could be).

The commentators suggested that he had had very little bench time as well.

If Hamling is ok or Nyhuis can come in for him, I’d like Cox to replace Tabs. I really think the team would be improved by that change. He’s better in the ruck and is a smarter, and more mobile player. The issue is his set shot kicking but Tabs isn’t great either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hamling is ok or Nyhuis can come in for him, I’d like Cox to replace Tabs. I really think the team would be improved by that change. He’s better in the ruck and is a smarter, and more mobile player. The issue is his set shot kicking but Tabs isn’t great either.

No chance on Tabs. If he had of kick straight we would have won. His work around the ground was great.

Our forwardline is still gelling. They need to keep working together.

If Hammling is concussed, bring in Nyhuis.

Fyfe for Wilson.
Darcy for Shultz

Hughes was awesome on Darling once Hamling was injured. The only goal Darling kicked after Hamling went off was when Ryan was playing on him. So much for the insults on here. GWS goes with second and third tall that are more running types in Finlayson and Himmelberg. Cox would be a terrible match-up for both of them or Cameron. Id go Nyhuis and Fyfe (only if ready) for Shultz and Hamling.

Anyone want to make a bet Hughes is ahead of Cerra in the best and fairest after four rounds? Loser only has to post on here they were wrong either way.

Hughes was awesome on Darling when Hammer came off. Some people for some reason won't acknowledge this

After watching the WAFL I honestly don't think any player is ready to step up.

Maybe North as he looked good. Crowden however he turned the ball over too much. Valente was good but just not ready.

Hamling out inj.
Cox in

Fyfe needs time out to fully recover. I've had a serious knock to my head from a coward punch in Leederville and it took me a while to feel 100%. His future life is more important than next weeks game

Hughes was awesome on Darling when Hammer came off. Some people for some reason won't acknowledge this
I thought he had a mixed night. Some good stuff but gave away two crucial free kicks in front of goal through holding and didn't chase on other occasions . I don't rate him that highly but as he is clearly a teachers pet and will get picked its best that he does ok

I thought he had a mixed night. Some good stuff but gave away two crucial free kicks in front of goal through holding and didn't chase on other occasions . I don't rate him that highly but as he is clearly a teachers pet and will get picked its best that he does ok

Teachers pet? Not sure about that

Players need to develop. He's a late commer to the game but could make it. These young guys won't develop unless played and people criticise Ross for not playing youth

Wilson is much more of a liability.

Cerra needs to step the f**k up. I don't care where a player is played, attack the game and be aggressive. There is a passiveness to his game that I think is the reason why he's not played in the middle like Brayshaw is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back