Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra needs to step the f**k up. I don't care where a player is played, attack the game and be aggressive. There is a passiveness to his game that I think is the reason why he's not played in the middle like Brayshaw is.

At the moment I’d take Cerra and Brayshaw would be at Peel. His disposal is clown shoes comical.

I love his effort and attitude and he is smart. You just cannot continually shit the bed with the ball in hand.

Fyfe, North and Nyhuis Cox in

Brayshaw, Wilson, Schultz and Hamling out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teachers pet? Not sure about that

Players need to develop. He's a late commer to the game but could make it. These young guys won't develop unless played and people criticise Ross for not playing youth
I critise Ross for continually picking dumb footballers with poor decision-making and poor skills, especially if they run around aimlessly and don't impact, positioning wise, at important times and gives away crucial free kicks in front of goal. He can learn that in the wafl instead of helping to lose us gamed at the top level. Just my view. They had to put skinny Duman on Darling from what I could see and Nyhuis /Duman would free up Wilson to play his natural role and help us get more run from defence and move the ball quicker. Most times we went forward last. night there was either a congested forward line or no-one. I assume Logue will be first picked , so I can't see where Hughes fits in. Small quick. forwards would destroy him if he had to play man -on- man .

Darcy isn’t fit enough to play, albeit probably a good match up for Mummy

Need to probably stay small against a quick and skilful team in GWS

Only change are forced, Fyfe if he gets up but I’m hoping he doesn’t fly this week, hamling for whoever. The big red may get a game!

Darcy isn’t fit enough to play, albeit probably a good match up for Mummy

Need to probably stay small against a quick and skilful team in GWS

Only change are forced, Fyfe if he gets up but I’m hoping he doesn’t fly this week, hamling for whoever. The big red may get a game!

Lobbs poor ruckwork meant Vardy and Hickey where often able to follow-up on the ground.which hurt us a lot. Darcy is at least a capable tap ruckman.

Lobbs poor ruckwork meant Vardy and Hickey where often able to follow-up on the ground.which hurt us a lot. Darcy is at least a capable tap ruckman.

It’s not even that.

Darcy uses his body to break the packs in our favour. There no way Hickey and Vardy are getting clearances from the middle if he’s there.

The difficult is that Lobb has to play forward then we become to tall and slow. Unless Darcy/Lobb rotate off the bench.

It’s not even that.

Darcy uses his body to break the packs in our favour. There no way Hickey and Vardy are getting clearances from the middle if he’s there.

The difficult is that Lobb has to play forward then we become to tall and slow. Unless Darcy/Lobb rotate off
Pretty much plus Hogan goes mid more.

From what I've heard no one deserves to come in from Peel. No point forcing it in a game we could get smashed. Unless Fyfe is fit I'd go in with no changes.

We need another ruck but Darcy needs to improve his fitness if he wants to fit into the modern AFL. Might as well see if by developing some chemistry with the same group we can improve the skill level.

If Hamling isn't fit I'd bring in Darcy for him and play Hogan at CHB
tenor.gif

I'd also drop wilson - he has had a run of bad form going back to jlt plus i think we have 1 too many half backs atm. After watching peel I'd replace him with Sturt and play him forward - i thought he looked comfortable at the level against grown men. Cox has to gather form and wait for an opportunity to present in the forward line - I wouldn't put him in the balk half at the moment. I think Valente will come in pretty quickly after gathering match fitness

Ins: Fyfe, Darcy, Sturt
Outs: Shultz, Hamling, Wilson

Lots of fumbling last night, Banfield got dropped because he fumbles too much. Bring in Sean, rest him and Lobb in the square, nowhere else, just park them in the square. That sends a sense of chaos to opposition teams as a rule. Hambling is interesting, we will need him against HH and Cameron, obviously if we can stem the delivery to them will go a long way. No more for in/outs during the week.

If Hamling isn't fit I'd bring in Darcy for him and play Hogan at CHB
View attachment 654318

I'd also drop wilson - he has had a run of bad form going back to jlt plus i think we have 1 too many half backs atm. After watching peel I'd replace him with Sturt and play him forward - i thought he looked comfortable at the level against grown men. Cox has to gather form and wait for an opportunity to present in the forward line - I wouldn't put him in the balk half at the moment. I think Valente will come in pretty quickly after gathering match fitness

Ins: Fyfe, Darcy, Sturt
Outs: Shultz, Hamling, Wilson

If we’ve got 1 too many half backs, then can we please, for the love of God, release Cerra to the midfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who feels that Brayshaw needs some time down at Peel? Has good effort/intensity, but often seems to butcher the ball when he's in possession. I'd love to see Cerra back in the middle again

Am I the only one who feels that Brayshaw needs some time down at Peel? Has good effort/intensity, but often seems to butcher the ball when he's in possession. I'd love to see Cerra back in the middle again
There are probably a lot of bad kicks in the side. Guess we have to move out the ones that offer less in other areas, first. Don't like him forward though. Midfield or out.

Sad to hear about Wilson's lack of form. New dad syndrome? Hope he gets over it quickly anyway.

Hopefully Fyfe is back this week, I like watching him play.

I'm a little surprised about your concern in the ruck. I've seen a lot of both of them and would rate Lobb's tapwork over Mummy. Mummy has come back fine though and helps us a lot to control the space around the clearances.

For us Toby Greene is 50-50 and seems likely to replace Buntine if he plays.

Assuming Sheridan isn't fit then Hatley seems favourite to replace Ward. Leon seems to want outside run and although an inside mid at junior/SANFL level we've been playing Hately on a wing.
I think we want to move Kelly inside as he gets match fitness.

Club apparently not confident in the crowd with members being offered two additional GA tkts. Surprising as we usually fill Manuka in good weather. There's not much spectator civer.

In: Fyfe
Out: Shultz

Fingers crossed for Hammer, if he’s out with that concussion then Nyhuis should replace him. Shultz looked out of his element and made little impact, needs more time to hone his craft and kick a bag at Peel before getting another call up. Not sure where Darcy fits with all of our talls.

Hughes was awesome on Darling when Hammer came off. Some people for some reason won't acknowledge this

Hughes was more than reasonable last night and has been copping some unnecessary flack on here over the season to date. However I remember two free kicks where he dragged/pushed Darling to the ground. It was hard to pick up what happened prior to the first free kick on TV however it appeared to be a wresting situation and he lost balance and pulled Darling down. The other was a pack marking situation and he got called for pushing Darling in the contest.

Also last week he let the ball get behind him a couple of times, which being an old back pocket player myself is a big ‘no no’.

I wouldn’t be dropping Hughes based on what I’ve seen. Duman was quite good in the first half but he disappeared there after. I thought Wilson was better than last week.

I watched majority of the Peel debacle and I thought big Darcy worked into the game well. He ended up with 8 tackles. Started to find the ball in the second half.

Schultz looked a bit out of his depth last night. If Hamling is no good then Cox would need to come in.

I feel we’ll be too tall to bring in Darcy. I’d give him another week with Peel and let Lobb play against his old side. Another average performance from Lobb and I’d drop him for Darcy.

Not greatly impressed with Colyer. Fumbles the ball too much. I’d bring Blakely in for him in a couple of weeks.

Fyfe>Schultz
Hamling (if out with concussion)>Cox

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IN: Fyfe, Nyhuis
OUT: Schultz, Wilson (How this clown is still in the team right now is beyond me, absolutely ****ing putrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back