Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it might be more competitive than the bookies think.

The offer was wierd for me too. I wonder if the club is placating ACT members cos they frequently make the offer at Spotless. I havent redeemed them but I assume they are GA.

I have an ultimate membership so it may just be I was included in an ACT members only offer. Let me know if you want them.

Members Bring Mates
GIANTS Members can redeem two additional tickets to the big round five game between the GIANTS and Fremantle coming up at UNSW Canberra Oval.
Hi IC. I will be travelling over with my partner for the game and had hoped to get a seta in the Bradman Stand. Looks like single seats only though. Any advice on how to get a seat there? Freo has an allocation but it is behind the goals...

We haven't won there have we? Its usually bitterly cold when we play there too.
Don't think we've played there much though??
Freo nearly beat North there once, if it wasn't for fricken David King we probably would've. I was at the game and was seated right behind a massively obnoxious North fan.

The scheduled time isn't ideal either. Always an extra hurdle for WA teams when they have to play the earlier games over east.

Freo nearly beat North there once, if it wasn't for fricken David King we probably would've. I was at the game and was seated right behind a massively obnoxious North fan.
Thanks
The scheduled time isn't ideal either. Always an extra hurdle for WA teams when they have to play the earlier games over east.
Redundant.

FRE-header.png

Get them in: Stoppage beast Nat Fyfe still has to pass his cognitive state test to be cleared to resume 13 days after his concussion against St Kilda. He will be needed against Greater Western Sydney's gun onball brigade.
Under the pump: Lachie Schultz and Sam Switkowski contributed after coming in for the Western Derby, but someone will have to miss out for Fyfe.
Medical room: The Dockers will be sweating on Joel Hamling's availability after he was concussed in the derby ahead of a tough challenge against the Giants' in-form tall forwards.
Verdict: Fyfe to replace Schultz and Brennan Cox to be strongly considered if Hamling doesn't get up. - Travis King

GWS-header.png

Get them in: Star forward Toby Greene could be fit to face Fremantle in Canberra after missing the past three games with a calf injury, but he'll need to get through a full week of training. Draftee Jackson Hately was impressive again in the NEAFL, while key defender Aidan Corr got through a full game in his second match back from a groin issue.
Under the pump: Co-captain Callan Ward (knee) will miss the rest of the season after going down against Geelong and after such an outstanding win, there's unlikely to be any other unforced changes.
Medical room: Ward is set for a knee reconstruction likely next week in a massive blow for GWS.
Verdict: The Giants gave Greene an extra week to get his calf right but he still might not be ready to face the Dockers, so the highly-rated Hately comes in for the injured Ward. - Adam Curley

Hi IC. I will be travelling over with my partner for the game and had hoped to get a seta in the Bradman Stand. Looks like single seats only though. Any advice on how to get a seat there? Freo has an allocation but it is behind the goals...
Sorry
I dont know any way. There's limited stand seats at Manuka and most are taken by members based on what I see.

I did **** up while checking where the offer was and redeem 2 GA tkts behind the goals though.

If anybody wants them PM me an email address and I'll respond with the PDf's. There's no complications they are transferable and not linked to me in anyway. I live in Sydney and dont know anyone in Canberra that would want them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Wilson has a hammy problem ,and Hamling may be struggling with his concussion.
Fyfe now certainty either as apparently still suffering symptoms from his concussion.

in Cox- out -Hamling
in Nyhuis -out Wilson
maybe we have a look at North for Schultz, although I wouldn't mind having a decent look at Schultz. He might be better when we get more organised up forward though.
??? in North out Schultz

Think the club should just give Fyfe that second week off regardless of whether he passes the cognitive tests or not, it was a pretty brutal knock. Think Mundy was fantastic leading us against the Beagles so I have faith that he can marshal the troops on the weekend.

Sorry
I dont know any way. There's limited stand seats at Manuka and most are taken by members based on what I see.

I did **** up while checking where the offer was and redeem 2 GA tkts behind the goals though.

If anybody wants them PM me an email address and I'll respond with the PDf's. There's no complications they are transferable and not linked to me in anyway. I live in Sydney and dont know anyone in Canberra that would want them.
Ok thanks mate! Good luck on the weekend...

1 thing about Wilson it seems like a lot of the running HBF'ers haven't been reaching the heights of the last few years , something has shifted I think whether that is coaches shutting them down more or the new rules who knows

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be curious to see if Wilson is being tagged or whether he is being played on the best small forwards that are consuming most of his attention, so he can't run off.

Funny cause I thought I read somewhere that Lyon has no say in recruitment and the reason he won't deliver us a promised flag by 2020 is the list managers keep cocking it up. But maybe I just dreamt that
Really? I think the list managers are nailing it during the rebuild. Pretty much they seem to be recruiting the players to fit the coaches revised game plan, and that all appears on track. Speed and skill seem to feature highly. I'm pretty confident that we will be quite competitive in 2020, as the club predicted.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5: Changes Vs Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back