Review Round 6, 2016: Werribee Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 May 2016, 2.00pm @ Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

After starting the season 4-0, the Box Hill Hawks (both senior and development squads) have a bye in round 5 so will resume the season with a trip to the Avalon Airport Oval to play the Tigers.

A more detailed preview will follow.

Anyone free on Sat wanting to see some local footy should get down to see GW v Nunawading at Central Reserve, Glen Waverley. Nuna lost last week by 404 points and could do with the support!

On the clubs injury list Alex Woodward is listed as 5-6 weeks away front returning. Is he a chance of playing for Box Hill in the second half of the season?

IMHO, he has to play for Box Hill at some point this season in order to keep a chance of staying on Hawthorn's list post 2016. Until he tore his ACL, I thought he would be a prime candidate for being delisted last year, but the club made a promise that he could complete rehab with the club, so he was delisted and re-drafted as a rookie. But that gives him a gig only to the end of this season.

I suspect that, apart from any retirements amongst the older players, Whitecross and Woodward are fighting for their spots on the list.

IMHO, he has to play for Box Hill at some point this season in order to keep a chance of staying on Hawthorn's list post 2016. Until he tore his ACL, I thought he would be a prime candidate for being delisted last year, but the club made a promise that he could complete rehab with the club, so he was delisted and re-drafted as a rookie. But that gives him a gig only to the end of this season.

I suspect that, apart from any retirements amongst the older players, Whitecross and Woodward are fighting for their spots on the list.
Yes. Needs a month at BHH to save himself. Looking for a second year as a rookie at best. It's a long way back, but possible.

This is absolute rubbish. He was so easily Box Hill's best player, led the VFL Brownlow equivalent, was an absolutely deranged nut case player (in a good way) with all his hunting and fight for the ball. He deserved a gig in the seniors every single week and ended up doing his ACL at Coburg, basically the shittest quality VFL ground you will see. Much like all our reserves, he really just needs to improve on his kicking if he gets a chance.

This is absolute rubbish. He was so easily Box Hill's best player, led the VFL Brownlow equivalent, was an absolutely deranged nut case player (in a good way) with all his hunting and fight for the ball. He deserved a gig in the seniors every single week and ended up doing his ACL at Coburg, basically the shittest quality VFL ground you will see. Much like all our reserves, he really just needs to improve on his kicking if he gets a chance.

As much as I love Woody I can't see a future for him in the AFL. Atleast not with us. Bad luck has struck him too many times. How many sub 180cm midfielders that lack pace and have average kicks make it in the league? Now add three knee recos and it gets infinitely harder.

Hoping like hell he can make it though but I think the reality is that it will be a long shot :'(

image.png Teams now posted on the Box Hill website.
If you can't make it, on tv on C7.

Early start too Sunday
Seniors 11.40am
Development Squad 2.40pm.

image.png

Dixie Flatline looking forward to your preview this week!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Woody for all the reasons you have said. He started to play up fwd a bit last year too and was showing signs of learning how to win it up there.

Hard as nails tough as a cats head. Cant wait to see him back.

Lachie is a mid sizer. Pretty good hands on the lead and good speed. Comes across as more languid than langford. I am sure he is not but seems to be playing well within himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 6, 2016: Werribee Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 May 2016, 2.00pm @ Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back