Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

The media are just as much to blame, they push for certain players to get the maximum penalties like Webster and Higgins.

Then they go easy on the star players like Pendlebury who got away with a gut punch on Neale, 'not much in that, just a fine".

The umpiring, the fixturing and the MRO/Tribunal is corrupt and biased as all hell and we always seem to be on the wrong end.

Last edited:

w1jfKFE.gif

Different wheel for StKilda

I would like to Hayes included sooner rather than later. The addition of a power forward and relief ruckman would add to the team balance.

It's time to rest Philipou and iinclude Dow. Philipou has become a liability either forward or on the ball. He has iimited defensive skills which in turn increases the pressure on his team mates.
Footballer.

Collard struggles to find the ball at present, he has a full bag of tricks and he’s an accurate kick but not really afl standard at present imo. If Higgins has to wear 3 weeks I’d play him but temper your expectations.

Exactly
Got to stop being absolutely wet lettuce weak and stand up
3 weeks is an absolute joke
It’s set up so they can knock 1 off and say he gets 2 - 1 at most is logic
It’s just brazen cheating
Fast going off AFL football
The afl has long been a joke and it’s my third code maybe heading for fourth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Aliir injures himself and Higgins gets three weeks, okay.

There was zero slinging motion, absolutely zero. The ONLY reason an injury occurred, is because Aliir tried to kick it and launched both of his legs off the ground, slamming his own head into the ground.

The weirdest thing is that Christian thinks its a straight forward suspension - sling tackle, all Higgins's fault - no possible mitigating circumstances, so he's put the black hood on went 3 weeks.

The thing is - its the only time this season where he's done that rather than refer it directly to the tribunal.

I would like to hear how Higgins was supposed to tackle Aliir, he is half his size, he had to use some force to bring him to ground.

It's not his fault that Aliir fell awkwardly to ground and got concussed, he was probably caught off guard that Higgins laid a tackle.

Hinkley's Port are Home and Away beasts, we're not at that stage yet.

Hodge is a bell end, 5 minutes before the Higgins tackle, Wilson was dumped and got a free. Hodge sooked and said Wilson's arm motion embellished the tackle......then, aliir is tackled, does the same arm motion, but all of a sudden it's a suspendable tackle.

At the end of the day the MRO table has provided that result so not too much of a surprise. You'd like to think the tribunal would show some common sense...oh wait
Here's my tip of the day.

Grab a dictionary.......look up "common sense"......the definition would be:

Absolutely nothing to do with MRO/Tribunal.

So Aliir injures himself and Higgins gets three weeks, okay.

There was zero slinging motion, absolutely zero. The ONLY reason an injury occurred, is because Aliir tried to kick it and launched both of his legs off the ground, slamming his own head into the ground.
I’ve said this before - I think Higgins has a massive heart and is a real goer - but if you can’t kick and therefore can’t kick set shots you are not a premiership (or close) small forward
So I’m ok if he misses a few weeks and someone else gets a chance
BUT the suspension I think is total b#llsh1t

If you look at the final moments when Allir hits the ground Higgins is hardly touching him

He does initially have him and is trying to rotate him to the ground but Allir jumps free trying to kick the ball and the momentum of that predominantly is what results in his hitting the floor - Higgins attempt at tackle was almost a precursor and arguably an inititiating factor but at the end of the day it was Allirs own momentum from an awkward starting point that was the issue

St Kilda has a role in the AFL franchise …like the Isle of Man in the UK. They are used to trial a new system of cell phones. Collateral damage is minimized by their isolation, and hushed because they require subsidies just to run their social services.

Ps (I have no idea what I’m talking about, but the concept is real. And true. We know it. Other clubs know it. The AFL knows it. It really got going in the Hall-McQuire ‘love tap’.) as much as I can’t love on the Scott twins, hearing Brad piss on the AFL in the media this week, after his stint at the AFL is refreshing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back