Game Day Round 7 vs. Essendon, MCG, 3:20pm ANZAC Day 25/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to see Checkers kick a Sav Rocca-like bag and win the Medal. He’s the embodiment of Anzac spirit - a team-first, heart-and-soul player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wish they focused more on the ANZAC Spirit component rather than who wins AFL Fantasy/Champion Data for the day.

There's only two players who'll be considered: Sullivan and Harrison. If we have more injuries throughout the week, well you'd think Macrae, Bytel or Markov are most likely. Sorry game from the rest of the players.

easy matchup for Billy , Moore to Langford and bruzzy IQ howe nobes to take of the lesser forward minions
They’ll stack their forward with talls this week. Jones will hold his place and they’re shielding Draper because he isn’t 100%. In a nominal sense Frampton will likely get Wright as the deepest forward, Moore to take Jones as he pushes up the ground, Howe whoever of Draper or Goldstein is forward and then you’re left with Maynard and WHE v Stringer and Langford. I think it’s the line we can get an edge, but getting it on our terms in the middle will help.

Reef hasn’t done anything wrong.

But there’s a case to be made that he’s had his block of games…

and it’s now time to rotate the squad a little… give Harrison or Sullivan some game time as sub…

so we have capable depth who won’t be too overwhelmed going from say playing against part time footballers in front of 800 people at Coburg

to playing in front of 80,000 in week 1 of finals against a quality team
80,000? Please! 90 k plus!

I wouldn't be underestimating that Essendon forward group.

Langford was in career best form and kicked over 50 goals last season, Peter Wright did the same the year prior, Stringer is out of contract which means he's busting his balls, they added Gresham and even young Jones currently fit and healthy is staring to build on his early potential.

Langford was in career best form and kicked over 50 goals last season, Peter Wright did the same the year prior, Stringer is out of contract which means he's busting his balls, they added Gresham and even young Jones currently fit and healthy is staring to build on his early potential.

Some dangerous players. Stringer is just a weapon when he's on. That forward line however is really vulnerable to rebound - it's one of the reasons the Dons are so inconsistent and flaky - they just can't lock it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to go with my Dad as a kid and it was a nightmare! Reckon I got soaked just about every game I went to! Would sit in the car for an hour after the game, shivering, trying to dry off, waiting for the carpark traffic to subside, before what felt like a super long drive back to Preston.

We're too soft now! lol
Lived about two minutes by car and 15 minutes walk (which I did with my brother) from Waverley. Only went to two games 🤣.

Fly vs BS Anzac Day is a good rehearsal for ...

Fly vs MV GF

Just musing

easy matchup for Billy , Moore to Langford and bruzzy IQ howe nobes to take of the lesser forward minions
Billy to 2mPeter, Maynard to Langford - I think Essendon will possibly have another tall like 2mPeter (Moore can get that match up).

Bruzzy would get Stringer I suspect.
Yeah, forgot about Stringer.
Don't want Moore to play loose on Langford.
I think Langford might be too slippery for Howe, could be Howe to Stringer - either way I would think between Maynard and Howe, they will get Stringer and Langford.
Teams aren't out yet anyway.

Ps if anyone has a spare ticket or two to Anzac Day would appreciate the opportunity to purchase them!
Go to ticketek, there are some available. Unless they are gone. They were releasing more today

Got a feeling it'll be Schultz

I know many (including myself to an extent) have been disappointed with his output at this very early stage, but watching him over the last 3 weeks, he's had three "almost" games?

He kicked one against the Lions but you could see he was trying his guts out. It just wasn't happening for him

He kicked two against Hawthorn but could have easily had 3 or 4 with a touch more luck

He kicked 2 against Port and again, could have easily had 4 or 5

In every game this season he does run hard and is really busting a gut to make a contribution. Especially defensively. I feel like it will all click for him on Thursday. The occasion and the conditions will suit him and he'll thrive I reckon (hope).

He's been eagerly anticipating playing in a "big game" for Collingwood and ANZAC Day is his first real opportunity. Reckon he'll take it with both hands
With us at the moment, our best player is likely to be whichever of Jordy or Nick doesn't get the tight defensive match up. Their defensive mid is pretty good - took Bont to the cleaners. I think he's more suited to Jordy, plus their other mids would get monstered by Jordy, so Nick to go back to back Anzac medals.

Last edited:
Light training week
Same team except sub
Harrison for reef
Dropping Reef of of 10 minutes AFL game time for Harrison of of 0 minutes VFL game time is one of the stranger selection suggestions I’ve seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back