Game Day Round 7 vs. Essendon, MCG, 3:20pm ANZAC Day 25/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore isn't playing as loose as the commentators carry on. Our system it to peel off to pressure the ball carrier or impact an aerial contest. At times they all peel off when they shouldn't or get stuck with two men to defend because someone else did and have to hedge their bets. When it's Moore in that situation the commentators just carry on.
It’s not what the commentators are saying - they have their reasons for saying what they say.

It’s based on what we were seeing earlier in the year with Moore. There was a return to his best against Port Adelaide. Want to see more of that. It’s all about decision making as to when to spoil, when to mark, when to leave his opponent.
The same can be said for IQ.
***no pot shots at any player(s), it’s just about getting back to how Collingwood played at its best the last two years.

Yes, some of it is a breakdown in communication between team mates.

The midfielders were very fumbly in the first quarter against Port Adelaide, the pressure was being applied more by Port Adelaide.

Three facets that go together: pressure, playing to the game plan, positive communication.

Durham is going very well and is a certainty to pick up Jordy.

Jordy is up and about breathing fire again so Durham will have his hands full.

Who then stops Nick?
If they run two defensive players it’ll be Caldwell.

My gut feeling at the start of the year was for a slow start and even to struggle against Hawthorne
I always knew we would fire up after the bye
We just did the shortest preseason in the history of the game, the 23rd round added last year and rd 0 added this year
We were slow because we were still building fitness at training and playing games tired, and our coaching team have been at the past 4 dynasty clubs (except Geelong, but Selwood would know a bit through his brother) And they won their 2nd and 3rd flags with strong finishes to the year
We are on now, we've got Essendon covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2MP back creates a conundrum for the Dons, as the Jones/Langford duo has created a much better pressure forward line for them.
They seem too scared to drop a ruck so I think they will go in tall and potentially lose a dynamic that was working for them. Since we have brought in Framps big forward lines won’t worry us as much, as he and Darcy are over 200cm.

Taking away the last game as a bit of an outlier... We've won our last 3 against them by 13, 4 (hello Jamie Elliott) and 11 points.

Anzac day last year they were up by 28(!) at 3/4 time before Nick Daicos.

They match up well against us. Danger game is a term that gets overused but it's a danger game if I've ever seen one.

Taking away the last game as a bit of an outlier... We've won our last 3 against them by 13, 4 (hello Jamie Elliott) and 11 points.

They match up well against us. Danger game is a term that gets overused but it's a danger game if I've ever seen one.
I think we'll smash them. We got back to the McRae basic principle against Port. Stop ****ing around trying to find uncontested chains forward and give the forwards a chance by taking on contests and getting it in quickly before the defence has rolled back.

Always a close game in recent history. Just the way anzac day seems to go. No matter where the sides are on the ladder.

Decided to watch the last QTR from last years game - I forgot we had both Cox and Cameron injured. While they played 2 recognized Rucks, we used Frampton and AJ.
Howe Murphy and McStay also missing.

We look to be stronger this year.

Moore isn't playing as loose as the commentators carry on. Our system it to peel off to pressure the ball carrier or impact an aerial contest. At times they all peel off when they shouldn't or get stuck with two men to defend because someone else did and have to hedge their bets. When it's Moore in that situation the commentators just carry on.

Thought it was telling what Moore said about Murphy, and what he’ll miss most - yelling at each other in front of big crowds!

Our defensive system obviously doesn’t run as smoothly as we’d like every game. But as long as it works most of the time.👍

Thought it was telling what Moore said about Murphy, and what he’ll miss most - yelling at each other in front of big crowds!

Our defensive system obviously doesn’t run as smoothly as we’d like every game. But as long as it works most of the time.👍
I was just watching last years preliminary final and in the second quarter, Murphy absolutely ripped Moore apart for guarding space and allowing 2 GWS guys alone in the square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back