Preview Round 9, 2016: Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, 20 May 2016, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why everyone here thinks Sydney will win. The only noteworthy team they have beaten is GWS. They just lost to Richmond and two weeks ago beat Brisbane by 3.

In addition to that, this is their 2nd week in a row travelling to the MCG. In fact the only two away games they have won this year were Carlton in round 2 by 60 points and the Brisbane 3 point win, with losses to Adelaide and Richmond. Not a very convincing record..

Emotional protection, in response to your befuddlement. If you always think the worst then you can't be disappointed.

It runs rife around here. But it can be entertaining.

So Frawley gets Franklin, Brand on Tippett/Sinclair, Gibson takes Mills?, Stratton to Heeney and Doc/Burgoyne play on Parker? I think our defenders match up fairly well although I shudder to think how often their mids will pump it in there from a centre clearance.
At the other end I think Ceglar will cause them some real issues when he's deep forward. If big Jon has his kicking boots on he could kick 3-4 sausages. Sicily is another one who could get off the chain.
Basically if our mids can somehow avoid getting completely obliterated we should win by 3-5 goals. Too many reliable scoring options against a suspect defence.

So Frawley gets Franklin, Brand on Tippett/Sinclair, Gibson takes Mills?, Stratton to Heeney and Doc/Burgoyne play on Parker? I think our defenders match up fairly well although I shudder to think how often their mids will pump it in there from a centre clearance.
At the other end I think Ceglar will cause them some real issues when he's deep forward. If big Jon has his kicking boots on he could kick 3-4 sausages. Sicily is another one who could get off the chain.
Basically if our mids can somehow avoid getting completely obliterated we should win by 3-5 goals. Too many reliable scoring options against a suspect defence.
Reckon Ceglar is the second worst kick for goal in the team after Stratton lol

Actually think McEvoy is more likely than Cegs as our height up forward will stretch their defence. Usually big Rough is the big goal kicker against the swans so maybe young TOB will be the man to find space.

Swans outside run is questionable at the moment and their midfield defensive running was very questionable on the weekend. Every time Richmond took a few risks and tried to quickly get the ball down to their F50, the open forward line was like Pagan's paddock for Griffiths, Reiwoldt, et. al. One on one, Richards and Grundy are rubbish.

Reckon Ceglar is the second worst kick for goal in the team after Stratton lol

Actually think McEvoy is more likely than Cegs as our height up forward will stretch their defence. Usually big Rough is the big goal kicker against the swans so maybe young TOB will be the man to find space.
Liam Shiels is as bad, if not worse, set shot than Stratton.

Ceglar is a better forward than McEvoy, but McEvoy is a better shot.

Don't think the MRP accepts retaliation as an excuse. Though if that is what happened I'd argue it's an uncontrollable reflex action to protect a soft and vulnerable part of the head.
Ah yes... muscle memory... :thumbsu:

Edit: Ah bummer... Gold Member beat me to it... :oops: The inevitable faux pas when posting before reading through to end of thread.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone here thinks Sydney will win. The only noteworthy team they have beaten is GWS. They just lost to Richmond and two weeks ago beat Brisbane by 3.

In addition to that, this is their 2nd week in a row travelling to the MCG. In fact the only two away games they have won this year were Carlton in round 2 by 60 points and the Brisbane 3 point win, with losses to Adelaide and Richmond. Not a very convincing record..
By your logic, Collingwood should absolutely pummel the Swans when you get to play them... oh... wait a minute..:oops:
Still, your effort to bolster our spirits and get us Hawk supporters to HTFU is much appreciated. You do make some valid points. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly he has not heard about the Hippocratic oath which states he should "do no harm"
giphy.gif

I'd better make sure I have fresh batteries in my defibrillator for this Friday. Funny, I really enjoyed the Tigers close win over the Swans. Had a super nervous Tiger fan in the room who was not enjoying it (until the end of course). Is that what I look like? Hmmm. The missus normally leaves the room as the "f*ck" count climbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back