Review Round 9 vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 15th May, 1:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Whiting expects Anderson for Davies and Macpherson for Luko.

Really hope this isn’t the case. I’ll be putting the life savings on Freo with Macpherson giving the ball back to them every time he touches it

I don’t see it being anyone but Macpherson in for Luko even though Corbett would be like for like and would be suited to pushing up the ground as an outlet for our dump kicks.

Macpherson came on in the last quarter and had 8 touches (at 62% with 4 turnovers :sick:) against 22 tired bodies. That’s more than he has in a full game and Dew was seemingly impressed.

Our game plan clearly prioritises defensive pressure over any sort of foot skills, which Macpherson apparently offers. Will probably be Sharp or Atkins sub.

Will save the melts for selection time tho.

Greg Broughton Cup

Last edited:
Is anyone surprised by the odds on this game? Freo aren't a huge odds against the Suns.

I guess if u look at each teams draw then you could argue Freo have had it easier. Not expecting a win tho.... but it would be huge if we did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does Constable need to do to get a gig?
8 clearances and 32 touches last week.
Coaches votes last 2 matches.
Constable could be the new Brodie, who was the new Lyons.

He needs to be better than Touk, Anderson, Rowell, Swallow and Fiorini. Maybe he is. I’d like to see him get a go at some stage.

He also had a bit of an injury a few weeks back too.

Well Constable was named on the extended bench, along with Day, Jeffery and Flanders. They join Fiorini, Swallow, Budarick and MacPherson.

Contested Possesions in the AFL
3rd = Touk Miller
5th = Matt Rowell
38th = Noah Anderson (minus 1 game)

Winning the contested pill isn't the problem, its the outside use still.

Look i love Constable & Brodie but we have the inside ball winners already and they are 3 important players.

With the extended bench Anderson obviously comes in for Davies. The other position depends on the weather if wet might be worth having another small, if not maybe stretch them with height. Personally I hope Jeffery gets a block of games while Lukosius is out to show us what he's got. His form is pretty good and could see him being that jack gunston type who's hard to match up on

Based on the teams announcement article you would think it’s Constable and Anderson in for Davies and Luko. Although maybe Jeffrey comes in as well, but not sure who goes out unless someone has a niggle/sick.

Hopefully we see Constable in the middle and not shafted outside as we need more pace, not less.

Based on the teams announcement article you would think it’s Constable and Anderson in for Davies and Luko. Although maybe Jeffrey comes in as well, but not sure who goes out unless someone has a niggle/sick.

Hopefully we see Constable in the middle and not shafted outside as we need more pace, not less.
If constable is in the middle then swallow and fiorini will be outside so less pace either way.

Weller on the wing is where the pace will come

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 9 vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 15th May, 1:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back