Rounds 14-17 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 14 Trades

Tbh not sure if this one is worth a trade at the moment. Sandi has a pretty hefty b/e as well as a bye in 2 weeks while Smith is back, rested, scoring well and no byes to come. I'd at least wait and see how he goes this week but if i were in your position, i'd be holding off on that one.

I know where you're coming from and my plan all along was to get Sandi after the bye. That was when he wasn't meant to be coming back until then though.
I want to get the best overall position I can (82nd now) and I just have this horrible feeling that Sandi will score massively against the Lions and then the Suns. I could potentially lose out by around 100 points over the 2 weeks.

As if you couldn't get to a computer/use your mobile to check the final teams sometime between them coming out and 7:40pm on a Friday...

I don't have a smart phone and manage a very busy retail store. No time. After school rush starts at 3pm (when final teams are announced) and goes till close when lockout begins.

I don't leave work until after lockout has started, let alone get home

bit the bullet and punted Adcock, probably a silly move but I'm keen on churning out some hefty scores over the next few weeks to get myself back in the hunt.

At full strength my side is...

Backs: Gibbs, Fisher, Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Martin, Heppell
Toy, Lisle, Cripps

Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Judd, Marc Murphy, Boomer
Isaac Smith, Hibberd, Ben Jacobs

Rucks: Cox, Smith
Vardy, Robbie Campbell

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Stevie J, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Leon Davis, Dangerfield
Andy Krakouer, Ryan Gamble, Jeremy Howe.

7 trades left, $103,400 in the kitty.

don't plan on trading next week, barring injury (touch wood).

ouch.. shoulda gone:
McKernan -> J. Tippett
1 trade wasted..

anyhow my dilemma is...
163k banked..

looking to upgrade one of Heppell, Puopolo or Hibberd to a premium to complete my backline
Which would be:
Deleidio, Gibbs, Goddard, Suckling, Adcock, Enright, Premium (Lower and two of Hibberd/Heppell/Puopolo)
Would have liked Fisher, but he's slightly outside my budget.. Anyone else is a possibility..
I'm liking Shaw since he's had two byes already, but will he get rested closer to the finals?
Scotland may be good but I have Gibbs already although I could probably cover..
Shannon Hurn could be an unique pick, he's really hit some good form the last few weeks.. but worth the punt??
Already also have suckling (no birchall), Lower and alot of other frem/ade/melb players (no to johncock) and Deleidio (.. newman)...
So what should I do...
My initial thought was to trade Heppell to Shaw, but I found I could instead trade Hibberd or Puopolo...

As if you couldn't get to a computer/use your mobile to check the final teams sometime between them coming out and 7:40pm on a Friday...

At work and some days work late and get home around that mark, or head out straight after work... so I do my trades on Thursday night or Friday morning to avoid missing out on them altogether. Circumstances.

Out: Roo Heppel
In: Brown Enright

I'm just wondering what you guys would do with this backline:

Goddard, Newman, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Gibbs, Lower (Puopolo, Strauss, Toy)

Mid bench: Hibberd.

I have about $140k to spend, and was all set to go Puopolo -> Suckling because:

1) He's very cheap
2) Hawks play kick to kick in the back half
3) He's scoring well
4) Lack of other comparable options I don't already have
5) Hawk's easy run home

But him being named last on the bench worries me - is there any chance he will start as the sub with Guerra back in, or even lose his spot? Should I wait until next week and bring in Fisher? The only issue is that it would need a double trade.

I'm definitely keen on trading out Puopolo rather than Lower though because Lower is much better backup.

Nine trades left and ranked 230ish

Thoughts?

I'm just wondering what you guys would do with this backline:

Goddard, Newman, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Gibbs, Lower (Puopolo, Strauss, Toy)

Mid bench: Hibberd.

I have about $140k to spend, and was all set to go Puopolo -> Suckling because:

1) He's very cheap
2) Hawks play kick to kick in the back half
3) He's scoring well
4) Lack of other comparable options I don't already have
5) Hawk's easy run home

But him being named last on the bench worries me - is there any chance he will start as the sub with Guerra back in, or even lose his spot? Should I wait until next week and bring in Fisher? The only issue is that it would need a double trade.

I'm definitely keen on trading out Puopolo rather than Lower though because Lower is much better backup.

Nine trades left and ranked 230ish

Thoughts?

He will not start as a sub, named on the bench a number of times this year and never started as a sub. I think he is more likely to be dropped than started as a sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i had petrie as 2nd ruck
What's the point in keeping Petrie if i have COX and SANDILANDS......it's dead money

trade one of your fwds down to Tippet

swap tippet & petrie.

that means you've made money on downgraded one of your fwds to Tippet, and you keep petrie.

simple.

Anyone considering Sylvia?

Over the past few weeks seems to have improved his effectiveness and clanger count has been down, which is what has been a killer for him over the past few years.

If he could keep the clangers out of his game his scoring potential is that of a 500k player.

Thoughts?

In a dilemma, so any advice appreciated.

10 trades left, $435k in the bank

Want to bring in Sylvia, Swan, Birchall and Fisher to complete my side for Krak, Bartel, Heppell and Puopolo.

Thing is, I have just enough money to do all 4 now.

Obviously save the Puopolo to Fisher trade to next week, and Sylvias low break even means I have to bring him in this week.

Of the other two, depends on whether Bartel plays. If he's named, his 189 be means I have to bring in swan this week an hope Heppell has a blinder and Birchall is quiet.

If Bartel is rested I should trade out Heppell for Birchall.

Does that approach sound right?

Anyone considering Sylvia?

Over the past few weeks seems to have improved his effectiveness and clanger count has been down, which is what has been a killer for him over the past few years.

If he could keep the clangers out of his game his scoring potential is that of a 500k player.

Thoughts?

For 399K it is a no brainer to grab him :)

Team at the moment

Goddard, Delidio, Newman, Gibbs, Broughton, Suckling, Heppell (Puopolo, Strauss, Toy)
Pendlebury, Judd, Priddis, S. Thompson, Montagna, Didak (Iles, Mzungu, Jacobs)
Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Bailey)
Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Rioli, Sylvia, Goodes, N. Reiwoldt (I. Smith, Matera, Richardson)

Was planning on Iles to Swan and Heppell to Shaw and 6 trades left but that will leave me with Richardson on the field this week. So thinking Matera to Callinan and Iles to Swan and then grab Fisher or Shaw next week and only 5 trades.. Any thoughts on which way I should go or anything I am missing?? Cheers

In a dilemma, so any advice appreciated.

10 trades left, $435k in the bank

Want to bring in Sylvia, Swan, Birchall and Fisher to complete my side for Krak, Bartel, Heppell and Puopolo.

Thing is, I have just enough money to do all 4 now.

Obviously save the Puopolo to Fisher trade to next week, and Sylvias low break even means I have to bring him in this week.

Of the other two, depends on whether Bartel plays. If he's named, his 189 be means I have to bring in swan this week an hope Heppell has a blinder and Birchall is quiet.

If Bartel is rested I should trade out Heppell for Birchall.

Does that approach sound right?
If you have no intentions of keeping Heppell, now is the time to get rid, has a BE of 118 and seems to be slowing down as of late. Bartel is every chance to be a late withdrawal, but would be ready to go next week.

Anyone know if Daulhaus will keep getting games? I need a downgrade target but don't want someone who won't play! Any help appreciated.

Just gone:

Darling -> Chapman

Now not sure on whether to go N.Riewoldt to Didak, both under-performing but I feel like Didak is on the rise playing in the best team in the comp where as Riewoldt seems to be getting worse in a team struggling. Getting Didak in will make me some good coin and provide me with another DPP, downside is I now only have 5 trades left.

Thoughts on what I should do?

Anyone know if Daulhaus will keep getting games? I need a downgrade target but don't want someone who won't play! Any help appreciated.

I'd wait to see if Callinan is in the final squad if so I'd get him, should keep playing too and is only like 91k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back