Roy Hodgson's Fulham to grace Melbourne, Gold Coast with their presence.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFCPat

Debutant
Nov 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fulham
Alas. The manager of the year will be taking his side to play the Gold Coast and Melbourne Victory from the 9th of July. I actually suggested this for the fans forum and was all but shut down by Roy. It is obvious now that he was merely disappointing me in order to make the announcement even more orgasmically exciting months down the track.

Will be brilliant to watch Thompson get absolutely nothing against the brilliant back four of Fulham.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/gold-coast-to-host-fulham-185113/

Re: Roy Hodgson's Fulham to grace Melbourne, Perth with their presence.

Will bus24 be there to greet Roy Hodgson at the airport? :)

Good to hear :) . I'll be at the Victory game.

It'll be good to see Allsop fail to touch the ball for 90 minutes.

You're right. Roy Hodgson is great.

His teams play football the pure way, the way it should be played.

I've been up since 5am. I'm allowed typos.

Australian Football board...

Where did it say Perth are playing Fulham??? That article didn't mention it but Glory seem adamant they are going to get Fulham over here.

Australian Football board...

Where did it say Perth are playing Fulham??? That article didn't mention it but Glory seem adamant they are going to get Fulham over here.

We're talking about Fulham as well so I don't think there's a problem with the thread being on this board.

The only article I've read on their proposed tour was an article on The World Game site discussing their game with Gold Coast on July 9 and there's was a small mention about them playing Victory on the 11th but there hasn't been anything from the club.

I think it will be great to see a premier league club out here, especially for supporters of Fulham like FFCPat. I know I have a couple of friends who did the Aussie live/work thing in London for 2 years and returned as Fulham season ticket holders. They'll definitely be at the game/s.

I'm no fan of these type of games. I didn't go to the Juve match and won't go now either. There's no value in it, no excitement.

I also can't imagine that people who'll go to see Fulham play will all of a sudden be won over to get a season ticket for the Victory.

I'm no fan of these type of games. I didn't go to the Juve match and won't go now either. There's no value in it, no excitement.

I also can't imagine that people who'll go to see Fulham play will all of a sudden be won over to get a season ticket for the Victory.

Apart from the fact a front-line socceroo is playing (Van Stratton dosent count) This...

Apparently Glory are also having Fulham as well as Wolves over for a game. Would have preferred Everton, because Cahill would draw more of a crowd then a keeper who would barely touch the ball. Also management said that they were looking at an increase to 10000 in season membership (was about 6500 last season) which wont happen because of this game, but will because of others...

With a possibilty of Barca making an appearance too! Now that'd be sweet!:thumbsu:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/barcelona-eye-a-league-friendly-185937/

Barcelona could be the next big name club to head to Australia for a friendly match.

Hot on the heels of English Premier League sides Fulham and Wolverhampton, who have confirmed matches against North Queensland, Perth and the Gold Coast in July, and Scottish giants Celtic, the Spanish superstars are rumoured to also be interested in taking on the A-League's finest.
TWG understands the Catalans have met Sydney FC officials to discuss a possible midweek match up in August, with another club - believed to be Melbourne Victory - also in the frame.
Given the proposed blockbuster would not be until after the start of the A-League season, it is understood there are still some scheduling details to be arranged.
A source close to Sydney FC has confirmed the high profile interest and suggested that Barcelona had initially expressed a desire to come in July before the start of the A-League, but have had to revise their plans.
The game would be a huge boon for the profile of the A-League, with Barcelona boasting a host of international stars and on the cusp of winning Spain's La Liga.
Fresh from a 6-2 obliteration of fierce rivals Real Madrid, the Catalans, who have been lauded for their free-flowing football this season, are also still in contention for the Champions League final.

Haha, why the hell would Barcelona come out here for?

What a waste of time for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree.

It's great for the profile of the sport in this country. Unlike the pre-season tours to Asia and the US that the bigger clubs shamelessly make every year to boost their coffers, to me it seems like clubs want to train and play some friendlies in our country because of our burgeoning football reputation on the world stage. It's something we should be excited about.

What you say about friendly games may be true to somebody like yourself who is a true football fan and understands the way pre-season friendlies are played but anything that can raise the profile of the sport in this country has to be a good thing doesn't it?

What about if Barcelona came out here? Would you go to that? ;)

I went when the Socceroos played Manchester United ten years ago. Bugger me that was weird. Cheering for both teams. I know how apollo feels when Villa play Chelsea.

Well, not how he actually feels. I've never felt him.

The tea cup was in the way. :(

What about if Barcelona came out here? Would you go to that? ;)

I'd probably want to go see them at training and get a bit excited about that.

And yeah, I would go but I'd be wearing my Victory scarf and not really care about what goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy Hodgson's Fulham to grace Melbourne, Gold Coast with their presence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back