Toast Rozee, Butters and Houston selected for AA Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I never actually thought Houston would ever get enough recognition in Victoria to make the All-Australian team.

It’s hackneyed grist, but if Houston had the exact same year for Collingwood or Melbourne, the justified hypeflames would set the Yarra ablaze.

I never actually thought Houston would ever get enough recognition in Victoria to make the All-Australian team.

I'm a Victorian.

I've noticed Houston for a few years.

Deadset ripper.

You guys are at least 5 years ahead of Vic meedja.

Congratulation to all the 2023 All Australian squad.

SIX3Jpo.jpg

Well done to Connor, Zak and Dan. Have had huge seasons, make it great seasons and win a flag boys.

I said to Chewy316 at the GWS game that Rozee to Butters or Butters to Rozee will become more common in the sporting lexicon than caught Marsh bowled Lillee ever was.

Who was the drongo who last year said Rozee didnt deserve to make the All Oz team?? Do they still say the same thing. If so you know they are a footy spazo.

We only got 2 players into the All Oz side in 2004 after 3 in 2001, 4 in 2002 and 2 in 2003. We had 3 in 2007.

The days of sides getting 6 to 9 players in are over. Partly due to the 2 new sides, partly due to different selectors, partly due to an even comp and partly due to a bit of a participation medal approach that have to have a wide spread of clubs with selected players.

15 sides had at least 1 player selected.
10 sides had 1 player
3 had 2 players selected, Saints,Dogs and Crows
2 had 3 players selected, Port and the Pies.

Tigers, Suns ans Eagles didnt get a player in..

The days of sides getting 6 to 9 players in are over. Partly due to the 2 new sides, partly due to different selectors, partly due to an even comp and partly due to a bit of a participation medal approach that have to have a wide spread of clubs with selected players.

Those noughties sides where voters with a Richmond or Hawthorn bent would always find a way to get their favourite players in despite those clubs having atrocious seasons, while Port would see the likes of Michael Wilson (04), Warren Tredrea (05) and Peter Burgoyne (07) snubbed despite being stellar cogs in finals-bound outfits.

Entirely unsurprising and fully deserved. Congratulations lads. Zak and Rozee get media attention now, but some of Dan's cool play and disposal under pressure has to be seen to be believed and still flies under the radar somewhat. Next year JHF will make it four from Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Moore biggest scone award

Those noughties sides where voters with a Richmond or Hawthorn bent would always find a way to get their favourite players in despite those clubs having atrocious seasons, while Port would see the likes of Michael Wilson (04), Warren Tredrea (05) and Peter Burgoyne (07) snubbed despite being stellar cogs in finals-bound outfits.
Tredders not even sneaking in on the bench in 2005 was ridiculous, nearly as good as his year in 2004, he definitely wasn't the reason we dropped off in 2005.

Peter Burgoyne didn't even make the squad in 2007. Criminally underrated, especially when compared to his brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back