News Rucci: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pstew2dstew, I'm just confused about why you think Travis Boak's 16 disposal, 9 contested possession, 4 clearance game while playing injured and with a heavy tag from a guy who has kept Chris Judd to less than 16 disposals in the past was bad and yet Matt Thomas' 16 disposal, 7 contested possession, 2 clearance game while playing fit and free across a HFF was excellent?

You know what the funny thing about it is? It was the worst game Travis Boak has played all year and the best game 'Big Matty T :rolleyes:' had played all year, and yet Boak was STILL just as good if not better. That's because Boak is, always has been and always will be a much, much, much better footballer than Thomas and you display either a lack of football knowledge or an inability to prevent whatever weird agenda you have against one of our best players and for one of our worst players from clouding your football knowledge whenever you suggest otherwise.

out of all the stuff i posted...about his disposal effeciency not kicking goals clanger count low amount of tackles...this.....this is your comeback...not to mention thomas did help us get back in our win last week unlike boak who has probably 1 game off his own boot that i can remeber...when teh going gets tough boak dispappears... look at all those excuses...

I dont rate thomas as an A grader i just rate thomas for what he does Boak is getting about 500k more than thomas and puts out exact same crap that we ppl like thomas cassisi put out that ppl want dropped out of our side...if you happy to keep boak as our highest paid player and dont expect anything more well thats...thats just well you know. i want more from my top paid players in my team if he cant deliver just like boydman said lets trade him for over the odds abd get someone that earns teh 700k.

out of all the stuff i posted...about his disposal effeciency not kicking goals clanger count

Hahahahaahahahahahahaha! :D

You're playing the disposal card, you're playing the 'doesn't kick goals' card, you're playing the clanger card, and you're doing those things IN FAVOUR of Matt Thomas! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

pstew2dstew said:
low amount of tackles..

Well, if by 'low' you mean '4th highest in the team', then yeah.

pstew2dstew said:
unlike boak who has probably 1 game off his own boot that i can remeber

One more than Thomas ever has or will.

I like how your standard for Thomas is 'helped get us back into the game' but your standard for Boak is 'won us the game off of his own boot'. If you want anyone to take you seriously you need to stop this agenda and treat the players on their merits.

On their merits, Boak has way more disposals, more contested possessions, more clearances, uses it better (I couldn't give a crap what the highly flawed DE stat says, Boak makes far better decisions than Thomas and usually executes better) and leads the team for goal assists despite the fact that Boak gets tagged every week and nobody would ever even consider tagging Thomas. The only thing Thomas does better than Boak is tackle. We could hire a rugby player to do the exact same job Thomas does and do it better. Karmichael Hunt is already doing it better.

go power ....

boak is our highest paid player...and your only seeing what you wanna see...

what the disposal card doesnt count because its boak...nothing ever seems to count when its boak...apprently boak is not allowed to be tagged either.

like i said if your happy with output vs his income thats fine...i aint

if you happy to compare a guys who is getting probably 150k a year to guy who gets paid 650-700k a year and expect the same output well thats just stupid...

....treat player on their merits....i seem to be the only one treating players on their merits...or income.

dismiss the disposal effeciency and his clanger count which i repeat is the WORST IN OUR SIDE...your obviously happy with our team skills

go power ....

boak is our highest paid player...and your only seeing what you wanna see

HA! Oh the ironing.

pstew2dstew said:
i seem to be the only one treating players on their merits

Really? Because the entire rest of your post is you fabricating a figure that Boak's apparently getting even though according to this he's not even on 500k, let alone 700k, and then flat out saying that you don't care about his stats just because it's him.

pstew2dstew said:
apprently boak is not allowed to be tagged either.

Levi Greenwood has a history of keeping players well below their usual output. He's kept Chris Judd to about 15 touches in the past. Considering that Matt Thomas' USUAL output is about 15 touches, if he had to deal with a tag from Greenwood he'd be lucky to get 5 touches.

pstew2dstew said:
seem to be the only one treating players on their merits...or income.

Oxymoron. Treating players on their merits and their income are totally different things (especially when it's an income you've made up). I don't care if Travis Boak is on 100 million a year and Matt Thomas gets paid in food stamps, Boak is a younger and much better player so he should be in the team well, well ahead of Thomas. Income has absolutely no bearing on team selection.

Levi Greenwood has a history of keeping players well below their usual output. He's kept Chris Judd to about 15 touches in the past. Considering that Matt Thomas' USUAL output is about 15 touches, if he had to deal with a tag from Greenwood he'd be lucky to get 5 touches.

I love Levi but this isnt a true stat. Judds 3 matches when Greenwood has played has been 21, 23 & 25 disposals.

I love Levi but this isnt a true stat. Judds 3 matches when Greenwood has played has been 21, 23 & 25 disposals.

Really?

I swear he's kept some really good, A+ grade player to 15 touches. I thought it was Judd. Was it somebody else?

Move on nothing to see here

Do you think Geelong 3x premiership players would accept a good average player getting 700k a year.......in your dreams

He is going nowhere, just manager milking PAFC for cash

Go from a number 1 player on a list to number 10, not in your life

My thoughts exactly, if your a good ordinary footballer the PAFC is a great place to be at present. Must be plenty of blokes at Alberton getting paid way over their worth including Boak. If they were on performance based contracts we would be spending about 5% of the salary cap.

My thoughts exactly, if your a good ordinary footballer the PAFC is a great place to be at present. Must be plenty of blokes at Alberton getting paid way over their worth including Boak. If they were on performance based contracts we would be spending about 5% of the salary cap.

hence why i want him dropped...its all ladi da with this guy i dont care if i under perform my fans love me because i am travis boak

he must be the only player thats been on a list for 6 years that people still rate his potential over his current output

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Boak is injured he needs to be rested because it is obviously causing him to play like a drunk.
IF Boak is not injured he needs to be dropped because he is playing like a drunk.
You can spin it any way you like but Boak's form in recent weeks has been nothing short of horrendous, almost comical.

IF Boak is injured he needs to be rested because it is obviously causing him to play like a drunk.
IF Boak is not injured he needs to be dropped because he is playing like a drunk.
You can spin it any way you like but Boak's form in recent weeks has been nothing short of horrendous, almost comical.

I thought I was going nuts not being able to see what everyone else sees...but apparently I have an agenda against him..

Well it certainly sounds to me like you have an agenda. It's no wonder the bloke wants to go home to visit his family, I would if I was hi
And read some of the shit in this thread.

FFS what ever happened to supporting our own.

Had to laugh at the article in the paper with the headline 'Geelong chases Boak' then followed up with a heap of 'it is believed' and 'it is understood' and 'Geelong are poised' or 'Geelong are preparing'. The source of all this belief is Michael Turner. Funny thing is Turner didn't rule out Dangerfield either but Boak gets the headline.

Neil Balme was asked for comment and he said he wouldn't talk about individual players. Boak's manager said the plan was always to discuss the next move after Boak meets with his family during the mid-season break. Rohde said he is confident Boak will stay.

I'd be pretty surprised if Boaky left tbh. He's an important player for the club and I believe a loyal one. At the end of the day if he decided to leave I personally wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

I don't even know why Geelong would think they're such a chance. IIRC he was a mad Carlton fan in any case, and with Geelong on the slide and the Blues on the up, surely he'd prefer that.

I don't even know why Geelong would think they're such a chance. IIRC he was a mad Carlton fan in any case, and with Geelong on the slide and the Blues on the up, surely he'd prefer that.

Was a Geelong lad for the TAC Cup IRRC

Yeah but so what, really.

Doing this he gives himself the possibility of being in a losing team most of his career whilst the probability is Port will rise past Geelong and play finals for multiple years in the future which he'd miss out on.

Yes, and there's the possibility that there really are girls in Canterbury who are on line and want to meet me now.

Or that I am the 999,999th visitor to a web site and can claim a laptop

Seriously, are you being serious here or was this a context thing?

having said that- if he goes there and we go up and geelong go down......yeah, I can see that.

The guy is a career plodder. good for 19-24 touches with the occasional 33 possie game

not a gamebreaker

not a playmaker

not runs the lines

not give and go twice in succession

not even a carbunkle on the real mids in the competition,

and this is tag or no tag, bunyon or no bunyon

he's a great player. one of the top 50 mids in the country

just not elite.

back to OP. i'd take any 2 picks for him if they added up to under 27, in THIS years draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back