News Rucci: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst he might be a loss for you guys, just think about this. This year's draft has been compared to 2001 for talent. There are no priority picks for not winning enough mataches, so GWS & GC get only 1 round 1 pick. Geelong still have the Ablett pick up their sleeve which can be on traded. So get this you end up with likely Pick 4 & pick 5 working off the current ladder. Not bad in a very good draft.

Whilst he might be a loss for you guys, just think about this. This year's draft has been compared to 2001 for talent. There are no priority picks for not winning enough mataches, so GWS & GC get only 1 round 1 pick. Geelong still have the Ablett pick up their sleeve which can be on traded. So get this you end up with likely Pick 4 & pick 5 working off the current ladder. Not bad in a very good draft.

No we don't because Geelong's priority pick is tied to where they finish on the ladder even if it is traded.

^ Only if you've banked the pick must you nominate at the start of the year. If you lose a player at the end of this year you'll be able to immediately activate your pick like north did at the end of 2010 (unless that rule has changed)

Surely it stands to reason that a team who receives a 'banked' pick in a trade could use it in the immediate draft period.

The only reason they would guard against this is so that the team who initially received the pick doesn't tank for draft positioning once finals are out of the question.

A pick that is banked has an established value for use in a trade once the season ends.

I know we can't use the pick this year as we didn't activate it but surely a team we traded it to could? After all North were able to immediately activate the pick they received in the Hale trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has to have that sort of influence more consistently but to think some of you would have had him out of the side is staggering. Thomas and Pfeiffer will never play a game anywhere near that level in their lives.

Last week I wasn't worried especially with his performances but BOG Today so we really need him to stay.

Yup was great today I will eat my words this week he was phenomenal...

But I want him to back it up against stronger opposition before I think he is a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back