News Rucci: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your rating and subsequent draft valuing of Boakasaurus don't really follow.

well like derr- its me, you know, i just make it up as i type.

I think he's much better than you do

most people do

but he isn't worth picks 9 and 15 or something similar.
this is my own world of denial. in a 15 page thread i can have some too

If he wanted to go to Carlton, and they really wanted him. Would we accept a straight swap for Gibbs? I don't think Gibbs has become the player he promised, so maybe both players swapping could be a blessing.

Don't think Carlton would agree though. They would be more likely to offer Russell again!!

Primus has said something that has alarmed me about this situation.

"[Boak's] obviously going home over the bye and speaking to his mum and dad and his sisters and coming to a decision then," he said.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/136807/default.aspx

Is the mention of his old man, who is deceased, an indicator on Matty's lack of relations with his players?

Is this a slip of the tongue? Is there more to it? Perhaps he has a step dad who he calls "Dad" now. Am I reading to much into this?

Just thought it was an unusual for Matty to say seeings as though this is common knowledge about Boaky.

Thoughts?

Slip of the tongue I reckon, he was probably too busy easing his thoughts about smashing Rucci.

Saying that it is an insensitive slip of the tongue

Primus remained cool on Boak's future.

"[Boak's] obviously going home over the bye and speaking to his mum and dad and his sisters and coming to a decision then," he said.

Link

Boaks dads passing away is one of the worst kept secrets in AFL, yet his coach is not aware of it :eek:

It is most likely a step father. You people are a bunch of gossipers

No gossiping about it mate. It's an anlaysis of what is happening regarding the future of one of our most exciting players. And, to a larger extent, our footy club.

FWIW I hope (and think) you are right. But thought it was an interesting observation to share.

It is most likely a step father. You people are a bunch of gossipers

I think you're being pretty optimistic there. Have only ever heard Travis Boak talk about his mum and sisters. And considering how relatively recently his father died, not to mention how close he and his father were, I highly doubt there'd be some other guy Travis would be calling "dad".

Terrible slip of the tongue from Primus there. Certainly made me wince reading it.

If Travis heard it, it would've hurt for a second and then he moves on. This is not our Onewhiteparentgate.

The problem with those pressers is the coaches or players are on auto-pilot, would rather be somewhere else and have a thousand things on their mind.

Mum and dad is one of those obvious turns of phrase people trot out without thinking. Probably after the presser Matty went up to Trav and said 'Shit sorry mate wasn't thinking' and Trav would've said no worries.

The problem with those pressers is the coaches or players are on auto-pilot, would rather be somewhere else and have a thousand things on their mind.

Mum and dad is one of those obvious turns of phrase people trot out without thinking. Probably after the presser Matty went up to Trav and said 'Shit sorry mate wasn't thinking' and Trav would've said no worries.

U think the Club may have chopped it out of the article quoting him on the website though, seems like they should of picked it up to

This is why I don't go to club Q&As

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U think the Club may have chopped it out of the article quoting him on the website though, seems like they should of picked it up to

The media is there, they use the quote in full either on a news service or print article then the club gets belted round the head for clumsy editing to try and save face.

He said it, bad luck, it was a slip of the tongue and not meant maliciously so move on.

Link

Boaks dads passing away is one of the worst kept secrets in AFL, yet his coach is not aware of it :eek:

For the record everyone ... Primus DID NOT SAY "Mum and Dad" he said "Talk to his MUM ABOUT IT"

Listen for yourself at the 3:17 mark of the following clip:

[YOUTUBE]TX0IuQ9sm8Y[/YOUTUBE]

Take the issue up with Harry Thring who has got it wrong in his article.

Listening to that, he might have said mum and dad or he might have said mum about it and sisters - just a bit of clumsy grammar.

So now it really is just a matter of what you think you heard.

Re: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

not a fan of Rucci at all but, it could be either 1 of 2 things on his agenda.

1. Is NOT a fan of Boak and wants to unsettle the player, eventuating in Boak leaving the club.

2. IS a fan of Boak Wants to pressure Port to re-signing the player.

orrrr

3. He's just an arsehat

Re: Travis Boak may not renew contract at Port Adelaide

not a fan of Rucci at all but, it could be either 1 of 2 things on his agenda.

1. Is NOT a fan of Boak and wants to unsettle the player, eventuating in Boak leaving the club.

2. IS a fan of Boak Wants to pressure Port to re-signing the player.

orrrr

3. He's just an arsehat

3. just about sums it up at the moment :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back