• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

RoBdoG

Draftee
May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
after a few years of ultimatefooty I am starting up a keeper league. What are your favourite rules and settings? How many keepers? Does anyone have a rulebook to deal with issues that might arise?

after a few years of ultimatefooty I am starting up a keeper league. What are your favourite rules and settings? How many keepers? Does anyone have a rulebook to deal with issues that might arise?

1) Dont let people dictate how you want the game to look and be like

2) Make it the least amount of work as possible for players.

3) Run it on a stable forum too such as Bigfooty or Zetaboards for all your banter and offseason stuff and naming of squads.

4) Make it as close to AFL as possible with keeper players. Nothing worse IMO than recruiting and trading hard to constantly have to gut half my side. I'm in a keeper league that allows you to delist a minimum of 3 players which is great because sometimes you want to have project players or rookies that might take a few years to come on.

5) no double points for captains.

I personally like Supercoach scoring as it takes into account effectiveness of disposals and clutch moments (more points when the games on the line).

I would love to see a supercoach salary league (each coach having a set salary cap to spend and recruit/trade with).

We also have a 5 positional keeper rule where each coach can lock in 5 players to last year's position. We did this to avoid a coach paying a premium to draft or trade DPPs then lose them all due to position changes the following year. We delist 6 each year out of 33 and keep the rest. As pointed out above this allows for project players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules for Ultimate Footy Keeper?

Back