Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

“St Kilda now genuinely think they’re a chance of landing Jordan De Goey and pulling off what could be an absolutely massive coup, remembering they’re unlikely to have the behavioural clauses, or at least as stringently as Collingwood is insisting on.

“It’s their best and fairest, the Copeland trophy, tomorrow night.”

De Goey's Manager:

“The one thing I would say about the Saints – and Jordy conveyed that to me last night too. As hard as it is to tell the team that might miss out on you, his decision was to remain a Collingwood footballer, it wasn’t to not go to another club such as St Kilda,” he said.

“They put forward a really impressive and strong stance on trying to lure Jordan over. Both he and I were super impressed with the Saints at every meeting we had from everyone within that organisation.

“Unfortunately it didn’t pan out.”

Some good news re Ben Long. My eldest granddaughter who is friends with girls who know Saints players, (she organised Rowan Marshall to get me a signed Saints jumper and footy for my birthday) was talking to Ben Long on wednesday night, and he told her he was having second thoughts about leaving the Saints.

#Whispers

Multiple views here.

But got chatting today.

apparently

The club was very direct about his work ethic in his post season review. (Allergic to the gym + previous stuff I’ve mentioned)

Clark got a bit sooky.

Made it known he would be keen on a move in afl circles and the club didn’t shut it down but essentially said North don’t have value for him when they came asking thinking they were getting an AFL priority pick bounty.

Clarko stuff freaked him out abit.

But it’s not dead and buried.

So let’s see.

Potentially.

But according to a Port ITK, NWM is homesick but genuinely loving his time and feels very supported by the club. Whereas JHF has been sooking it up since the moment he arrived in Melbourne and been planning on returning since.

A lot of players grow out of their home sickness in their second year. Hopefully NWM is one of them.

#Whispers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporters are seeing the pick 7 and none of the other major issues with the Bowes trade.
Bowes is owed $850,000 x 2. Extraordinary money for what is essentially a poor man’s Dunstan.
Now, Bowes management had told prospective clubs that he’s happy to smooth out that money over a 4 year contract. So while the next two years may drop down to $700,000 odd you’re still committing extra salary cap to a VFL player in 2025/26.
Once we did the maths we just didn’t think it was worth the TPP hit to take on pick 7 in what is a very even draft between 5-20.
Irresponsible for not bringing in pick 7? Or responsible TPP management?
Well done Saints.

#Whispers

Cal Twomey: Clark still a chance to get to North Melbourne.

Clark wants to get there/has interest in going there.

Will need to push from his end.

St Kilda blocking the deal currently and would need to back down.

It’s played out the way I said it would.

We would position Clark as valuable. Part of the future. Etc

And always stop short of saying he is categorically off the table.

North would need to come to the table with a decent first rounder and it will get done.

Well there's something to begin your Friday.
Maybe Clark is back on the table.

Clark has had the same feedback in both his last 2 exit meetings. The most recent was the most direct and challenging.

If he can’t perform because he has cracked the sads at being challenged by his employer. Then he isn’t going to be the player who takes us forward either.

And for what it’s worth.

Seeing as this has played out verbatim to the info I posted here.

North want to get a deal done.

So there is every chance if they have the picks. One will get done.

But as I said. We want a good deal. This isn’t a fire sale. We obviously still believe Clark can be a good footballer. But the club obviously think they aren’t wedded to him either. 👍

#Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back