Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Keeping him for 3 days seems excessive. I didn't know you could keep that long. Thought it was 48 hours.
Also why were some recordings released but not others? (Even if the ones that weren't give a hint of what happened)
Also the conduct of the prosecution during cross? Should the jury have been instructed on that.
(The comments just another chapter in his life etc).
Some very dodgy practices with.on
Will be an interesting appeal. And given a not guilty verdict (maybe reached as a weird compromise) he's essentially off the hook for RH. Could still win on appeal for CC.
Would be an interesting retrial given the acquittal of RH.

“Reasonable time” is the standard for Victoria.
Federal crimes have time limits where you need to apply to a court for more time.
In Vic as long as the reasonable time can be justified than it is ok

This paints the picture, flabergasted.! We knew he was bad but seriously read his and her comments how disrespectful to the Hill and Clay families. What a jerk. And She thought it was funny.

Recordings:

During the trial, the jury saw Lynn take the stand and give evidence in a calm and coherent manner.

However, the secret recordings painted him in a different light.

About eight months after the fatal conflict, he was alone in his car and muttering to himself.

From hours of transcripts, separate snippets of his musings emerged in pre-trial hearings:

"Let's see if the cops turn up. If they do, we know they can put a tracker on it."
"F***ing white people. That's all it is. Who can we annoy now? Who can we annoy?"
"Who decides what's right and what's wrong? That's the thing, judgment, judge does, the law does, the community does."
"Ballistics, you'd think they would want samples of my ammo…"
In May 2021, after hearing a radio news story about Mr Hill and Ms Clay, Lynn was recorded saying:

"They're sitting on a beach in f***ing Queensland. Nudist Beach. Butt naked. Playing on his f***ing drone. Running up and down the beach. Taking pictures of the young people. Who's got the biggest dick?"
About a week before Lynn's arrest in late November 2021, he was at home with his wife Melanie when they watched a 60 Minutes program about the missing campers.

It contained a photograph of a mystery vehicle and an artist's impression of it.

An audio recording captured Ms Lynn bursting into high-pitched, hysterical laughter.

"It looks like your car … it really does!" she exclaimed.
"It's not funny, sweetpea," Lynn replied.
Prosecutors wanted to play the recording to show the jury further evidence of Lynn's cover-up, but Justice Croucher ruled it out.

"She's cackling like a hyena, it might be said," the judge remarked.

Ms Lynn, who was sitting in the court's public gallery as the recording was played, began sobbing as she heard her voice echoing through the room.

In an earlier ruling, Justice Croucher said Ms Lynn was also captured saying other things on the recording during the 60 Minutes story.

"Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.

Greg Lynn later told police he had kept the campers' deaths a secret from his wife, and that she had no knowledge of his involvement before his arrest.

True, but I can’t reconcile beyond reasonable doubt that RH died by falling on his own knife, but CC was murdered with intent. Although I wasn’t on the jury so what I think is irrelevant lol

You don't have to necessarily believe he died by falling on his own knife. Do you believe beyond any reasonable doubt, that he didn't die by accident during a struggle with Greg Lynn, and that Greg Lynn intended to murder Hill?

From the evidence I read, I couldn't say I'd be comfortable there's no doubt whatsoever about whether Lynn intended to, and did, murder Hill. We have no forensic evidence to disprove that he died by knife - and hell maybe he actually did die from a knife wound - or that could disprove a struggle.

In Clay's case, there was a weapons expert who said there was no real way the gun could have accidentally discharged, the chances of a ricochet from a mirror resulting in a killing blow to the head, and Lynn himself admitting multiple shots were fired. I'd say that sequence of events is pretty implausible, or impossible, and therefore he's lying about how Clay died.

As they always say, the best lies have an element of truth to them. So I suspect the death of Hill is somewhat truthful (e.g. there was probably some kind of confrontation, quite possibly resulting in Hill being stabbed) and that Clay did get shot in the head near the car, just not in the timeline or accidental way Lynn described. If Clay was shot, in the head, then I can't see how it wasn't a deliberate and intentional act. He could easily have rushed back to his car and packed up shop and left without shooting her, she had no access to weapons and was a 72 year old woman with him being a ~ 55 year old man. I can't see a scenario where she was any possible threat to him.

'Even though Dann went pretty hard down this track I can't possibly see how the police could be accused of misconduct.

He wasn't interviewed immediately, was allowed rest. Was informed he didn't have to say anything. Was advised to speak to his appointed legal representative. Said lawyer actually spoke to Lynn and further advised him to say nothing.

I don't see the unlawful conduct here. This was an intelligent man, he wasn't grilled or held in inhumane conditions.

Sounds like he was grilled, multiple days I believe he was said to have said no comment, and that he would be giving a no comment interview, but was repeatedly hauled back in by the police which would run pretty close up against contravening the right to silence I'd think.

Here it comes, like the dam of information broke with all the stuff we weren't allowed to talk about before.

tsunami no GIF
Gee Jetstar executives must be reading the latest and thinking 😳

You don't have to necessarily believe he died by falling on his own knife. Do you believe beyond any reasonable doubt, that he didn't die by accident during a struggle with Greg Lynn, and that Greg Lynn intended to murder Hill?

From the evidence I read, I couldn't say I'd be comfortable there's no doubt whatsoever about whether Lynn intended to, and did, murder Hill. We have no forensic evidence to disprove that he died by knife - and hell maybe he actually did die from a knife wound - or that could disprove a struggle.

In Clay's case, there was a weapons expert who said there was no real way the gun could have accidentally discharged, the chances of a ricochet from a mirror resulting in a killing blow to the head, and Lynn himself admitting multiple shots were fired. I'd say that sequence of events is pretty implausible, or impossible, and therefore he's lying about how Clay died.

As they always say, the best lies have an element of truth to them. So I suspect the death of Hill is somewhat truthful (e.g. there was probably some kind of confrontation, quite possibly resulting in Hill being stabbed) and that Clay did get shot in the head near the car, just not in the timeline or accidental way Lynn described. If Clay was shot, in the head, then I can't see how it wasn't a deliberate and intentional act. He could easily have rushed back to his car and packed up shop and left without shooting her, she had no access to weapons and was a 72 year old woman with him being a ~ 55 year old man. I can't see a scenario where she was any possible threat to him.
Except that she knew what REALLY happened!

Yeah... Id like to know what was on the surveillance recordings. There must have been something damming for the defence to fight so hard to have them deemed inadmissible.
This paints the picture, flabergasted.! We knew he was bad but seriously read his and her comments how disrespectful to the Hill and Clay families. What a jerk. And She thought it was funny.

Recordings:

During the trial, the jury saw Lynn take the stand and give evidence in a calm and coherent manner.

However, the secret recordings painted him in a different light.

About eight months after the fatal conflict, he was alone in his car and muttering to himself.

From hours of transcripts, separate snippets of his musings emerged in pre-trial hearings:

"Let's see if the cops turn up. If they do, we know they can put a tracker on it."
"F***ing white people. That's all it is. Who can we annoy now? Who can we annoy?"
"Who decides what's right and what's wrong? That's the thing, judgment, judge does, the law does, the community does."
In May 2021, after hearing a radio news story about Mr Hill and Ms Clay, Lynn was recorded saying:

"They're sitting on a beach in f***ing Queensland. Nudist Beach. Butt naked. Playing on his f***ing drone. Running up and down the beach. Taking pictures of the young people. Who's got the biggest dick?"
About a week before Lynn's arrest in late November 2021, he was at home with his wife Melanie when they watched a 60 Minutes program about the missing campers.

It contained a photograph of a mystery vehicle and an artist's impression of it.

An audio recording captured Ms Lynn bursting into high-pitched, hysterical laughter.

Prosecutors wanted to play the recording to show the jury further evidence of Lynn's cover-up, but Justice Croucher ruled it out.

"She's cackling like a hyena, it might be said," the judge remarked.

Ms Lynn, who was sitting in the court's public gallery as the recording was played, began sobbing as she heard her voice echoing through the room.

In an earlier ruling, Justice Croucher said Ms Lynn was also captured saying other things on the recording during the 60 Minutes story.

"Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.

Greg Lynn later told police he had kept the campers' deaths a secret from his wife, and that she had no knowledge of his involvement before his arrest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“The Coroners Court heard Lynn accepted via unsigned statements he had been violent toward his ex-wife including breaking into the family home, stealing keys and taking the car.

'Greg's behaviour in general would be described as bizarre. In my opinion, he has a warped mind,' she (Lisa’s mother) told the coroner.

'He has done things in the past like killing animals and neighbour's pet, refusing to feed the children when he was supposed to be looking after them and on one occasion, he exploded into a fit of uncontrollable rage when we went for dinner at the Macedon Hotel.'

Lisa's mum told the court Lynn verbally attacked a man in the bar after he made the mistake of speaking to Lisa.

He then flew into a 'rage' at his then wife after leaving the hotel,
“The Coroners Court heard Lynn accepted via unsigned statements he had been violent toward his ex-wife including breaking into the family home, stealing keys and taking the car.

'Greg's behaviour in general would be described as bizarre. In my opinion, he has a warped mind,' she (Lisa’s mother) told the coroner.

'He has done things in the past like killing animals and neighbour's pet, refusing to feed the children when he was supposed to be looking after them and on one occasion, he exploded into a fit of uncontrollable rage when we went for dinner at the Macedon Hotel.'

Lisa's mum told the court Lynn verbally attacked a man in the bar after he made the mistake of speaking to Lisa.

He then flew into a 'rage' at his then wife after leaving the hotel, she told the coroner.

Lynn's defence chose not to present any 'good character' evidence to the jury.”

And yet Mr Hill’s character was assassinated in court. The system is broken.

Reading some of the now media releases on what the jury was not allowed to hear etc, and bits of the secret police recordings of Lynn muttering and talking to himself in his car, during some of road trips, it’s the ramblings and stories of an absolutely insane person.

And his history re the “explosive anger” outbursts, treatment of first wife, cruelty to animals, his unstable behaviour, etc. Then there’s the hours and hours of police recordings the Judge would not allow to be admitted as evidence.

And the defence also successfully argued hours of the police interviews should not be admitted because it was too cold in the room where Lynn was being questioned by police. And this bloke is used to high altitude temps! Denial of human rights or some such thing.

Shame Hill and Clay had their
human rights blown out of the water into oblivion.

It just seems to get worse.

It seems to me that this whole process regarding evidence, what Lynn could or could not be found
guilty of, has been largely controlled by what the Judge decided.

I do realise some of the historical evidence regarding Lynn’s behaviour prior to the Hill/Clay trial was not permitted by law to be presented. However the Judge would have known about all this maniacal past behaviour. Yet he seemed almost to be protecting Lynn in some way.

Would Lynn risk appealing with so
much more information about
him and his past behaviours now being revealed ? Maybe like the Bruce Lehrmann trial where the Judge pointed out the mistake Lehrmann made was “going back for his hat”

I wonder what sentence this Judge will
decide is fair ?

So people DO NOT MISS THIS this is some of what what Lynn and Melanie were recorded as saying. WOW. Disgusting.

Lynn "

"Ballistics, you'd think they would want samples of my ammo…

She's cackling like a hyena, it might be said," the judge remarked.

Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.

So people DO NOT MISS THIS this is some of what what Lynn and Melanie were recorded as saying. WOW. Disgusting.

Lynn "

"Ballistics, you'd think they would want samples of my ammo…

Re Hill & Clay Lynn says

She's cackling like a hyena, it might be said," the judge remarked.

Mrs Lynn joked about Mr Lynn having to hide things, how Mrs Clay did not like camping, and how she got 'donked' on her head after someone got mad with her," the judge wrote.

PLEASE READ THIS NOW. Some of the recordings that show Lynn for who he really is. Disgusting. Disrespectful to the Clay and Hill families. And Mr's Lynn not much better,

This from your earlier post.

He's amoral. self centered and lacking conscience. It's very telling. The below also leads me to thinking, he was spying on them.

While cackling like a hyena. Really .... the judge did really say she was cackling like a hyena.

PLEASE READ THIS NOW. Some of the recordings that show Lynn for who he really is. Disgusting. Disrespectful to the Clay and Hill families. And Mr's Lynn not much better,

Frightening stuff. Makes you think
twice about how such outrageous and appalling behaviours that fly in the face of decency, civilised society and humanity, and that can actually coexist in the one person who managed to pass
all the rigorous psychological assessments etc. to prove he was a stable, disciplined and mentally fit person.

How often do we cross paths with a person we thought we knew so well until they trip up and showed us who they really are ?

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.Or a Ted Bundy?

This from your earlier post.

He's amoral. self centered and lacking conscience. It's very telling. The below also leads me to thinking, he was spying on them.

While cackling like a hyena. Really .... the judge did really say she was cackling like a hyena.

Thanks Kurve. This blew me away. Wanted everybody to read this ASAP. It paints a picture of Lynn and it's not nice and Miss Lynn not much better it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back