Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:

Just saw the police interviews. More the information gets released more I think not guilty.
He's story actually matches the evidence
I'm actually changing my mind. He's story might actually be true
He controlled the narrative about the events, all to suit the evidence that was left behind.

When you have that much time to marry the two, you would want them to match for the legal Proceedings.

I would love a body langauge expert to analyse the video but the would also need to see where his eyes are flickering to as well.
I agree with all that you say but would also point out that the pen is a prop thatn you can see when ever he looks like drawing he is not but hitting marks in his story.
He gestures widely with his arms at one point and looks up as if to say, see I'm being open in telling you everything. Mostly he avoids all eye contact except to look up breifly for confirmation peeping to see if the story is believed. Even with the pen as his prop he is sitting like a person vrouched into him self in a defensive posture, with his voice a vertual metronome with little emotion at all or indeed expresion.
He is holding his voice at the same pitch and cadence the whole time never letting any expression out at all or change of pitch except when he looks up and says "that's it' I've told you everything." In that moment listen carefully as his voice relaxes and becomes far less controlled. He is relieved to have got to the end of hitting his marks in the script.
I agree with you when he is stabbing the pen and clicking it it is disturbing but I think he is purposefully adding in the drama. He is adding the 'drama' to it...like he believes that at that point he should show something(act out the drama) other than his droning litany, this in order to impress them with some sort of emotional punctuation of the truth of the deed because if he said it without the added drama it would not sound at all plausable.
It is the same everytime he makes a gesture with his hands, he is using these gestures to dramatise and punctuate but to me they are like he's remembered that he must do something else but hold himself so tightly with the pen touching the paper.
Good actors do this all seamlessly bad actors you can see them thinking and now I'll do this (flourish) so that they know what I mean.
At the point where Lynn says he goes back to his car after CC is shot, it occurs to me but how does he get past he body and RH would have been inbetween him and his car too?
When people are telling stories in detail you can generally put yourself in the story and see the picture, see what the person is telling you. With this story I see nothing, I see GL going on about hitting the right points in the story like 'ticking boxes'.

It just defies belief. Like his story about hiding in the shadows of the RH's vehicle like a ninja before jumping out of nowhere to put both of his hands on a chambered and hot weapon that he was convinced was going to be used to shoot him. I can see why the prosecution focussed on the guy rope tied to the bulbar. Once you see GL try and explain how he confronted RH at the front of RH's vehicle it becomes a very prominent hole in his story.

Also why did he wait until RH got back to his camp to confront him? He could see RH taking his shotgun out of the Patrol. Why not confront him there? Then we're supposed to believe he was subsequently able to pull a martial arts move and block a knife attack.

I dont know how the police kept a straight face when he was recounting this bullshit.

Last edited:
He controlled the narrative about the events, all to suit the evidence that was left behind.

When you have that much time to marry the two, you would want them to match for the legal Proceedings.
It was a lazy investigation. Just a yeah nah interview and a very lax prosecution.
No actual inquiry into the facts.
Actually drill.down which he's defence lawyer did and he's story actually matches. And I thought initially it was total bullshit.
But compare.to.the evidence presented

Just saw the police interviews. More the information gets released more I think not guilty.
He's story actually matches the evidence
I'm actually changing my mind. He's story might actually be true

I can buy RH getting into a fight ending in his death with GL. Two alpha personalities not wanting to back down over whatever the argument was. Absurd that it even happened out in the middle of nowhere, two blokes who had camped / hunted for decades should know better.

I cant buy CC being killed accidentally from the shotgun wrestle. Just too unlikely. I can see why the jury saw no realistic scenario other than murder for CC. She was gunned down to cover up whatever happened between RH/GL.

It was a lazy investigation. Just a yeah nah interview and a very lax prosecution.
Actually drill.down which he's defence lawyer did and he's story actually matches. And I thought initially it was total bullshit.
Shock me, his defence driiled down on a conveniently rehearsed concocted story, well informed by the defence legal team…….that was Act 3.

Why did they see the need to put him on the stand, they knew it was too tough a sell….and then the fat lady sang, curtains closed.

What are the facts as you understand them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presented at trial. There wasn't a lot of forensics presented

You're right of course, there could have been a lot more forensics presented. Why do you think more forensic evidence wasn't introduced at trial?

It just defies belief. Like his story about hiding in the shadows of the RH's vehicle like a ninja before jumping out of nowhere to put both of his hands on a chambered and hot weapon that he was convinced was going to be used to shoot him. I can see why the prosecution focussed on the guy rope tied to the bulbar. Once you see GL try and explain how he confronted RH at the front of RH's vehicle it becomes a very prominent hole in his story.

Also why did he wait until RH got back to his camp to confront him? He could see RH taking his shotgun out of the Patrol. Why not confront him there? Then we're supposed to believe he was subsequently able to pull a martial arts move and block a knife attack.

I dont know how the police kept a straight face when he was recounting this bullshit.

Greg Lynn doesn’t do push ups, he pushes the earth down.

Have you read the interlocutory appeal decision? I didn't think so.

He aint getting off.
Your opinion.

The interlocutory appeal was regarding allowing certain evidence (incriminating conduct) into the trial as the principal argument for murder being satisfied. Doesn’t prevent an appeal.

It’s well known and in the public domain that the rules of fairness were breached numerous times during the trial, this can be used to indicate the jury was misled and/or polluted.

Your opinion.

The interlocutory appeal was regarding allowing certain evidence (incriminating conduct) into the trial as the principal argument for murder being satisfied. Doesn’t prevent an appeal.

It’s well known and in the public domain that the rules of fairness were breached numerous times during the trial, this can be used to indicate the jury was misled and/or polluted.

I didn't say it prevents an appeal.

Have you read it?

Also rules of fairness breached once and even that's contestable.

With that paint job and I'm tipping 300,000kms in the engine she wouldn't be worth a fortune but it's amazing these things hold their value fairly well. If it was the straight six they are quite sought after because in later models the 3 litre turbo diesel is an under powered choice IMO. Given you asked..........................would you buy it? :p:D;)
The 4.8 petrols are absolute beasts when worked, but even in stock form they're thirsty as all hell.
GL had a jerry can holder on the back of his.

Your opinion.

Sorry you can't fly on Jetstar discount airfares any longer.

The 4.8 petrols are absolute beasts when worked, but even in stock form they're thirsty as all hell.
GL had a jerry can holder on the back of his.

What's the fuel tank size in those things? For a tightwad like GL he wouldn't be too happy with the economy. Especially as it seems he used it as a day to day car rather than a full time hardcore weekend warrior.

The $40 cash from RH must have been a welcome economic relief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back