Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Hard to believe Lynn that he panicked when the tragedy happened going by how cool and calculated he was in the interview.
I think most people would panic when confronted with two dead bodies you were involved in, accident or not. He wasn’t trained for that as a pilot was he.

In fact I’d say panicking is more in line with an accident than cold blooded murder.

Yes I know Greg, it was definitely an accident, he had no reason to kill those campers.

Russell on the other hand clearly had motive to pick an argument and cause the proposed accident based on numerous substantiated particulars that he had a problem with hunters.

You can disagree with me that’s fine I respect your opinion, but we shouldn’t be convicting people of murder based on probability, that’s not the standard.
The conviction was not based on probability. It was based on evidence of the shotgun slug having CCs dna on it and RHs phone which pinged.

I don’t think you know or understand the first thing about criminal law.

Besides this there seems to be a lot of accidents with Greg. Accidentally missing ex gf, dead ex wife, dead campers. If you truly know Lynn I’m surprised you’re not accidentally dead already Alejandro.

Are you thick?

Read the end of the article where it references the items they didn’t put to GL while he was on the stand, breaching the rules of fairness.

Maybe wake up tomorrow refreshed and try read it again, putting your fingers under the words as you read should help you.

Best you stop insulting people.

Waiting to hear Greg Lynn’s sentencing details.

I found it interesting that (after so long) the Jury found him guilty of the murder of Carol Clay, and I’ll admit that I was surprised.
However they did not find him guilty of murdering her partner Russell Hill - meaning I guess that they believed his account that Russell Hill fell on the knife in their tussle.

‘Murder’ involves ‘intent’. .. not an accidental firing of a gun in a fight between people ( imo that would be ‘manslaughter’) but for some reason there was no option for any decision other than ‘murder’.

While I’m wondering what convinced them that Lynn intentionally pulled the trigger that resulted in Ms Clay’s death, I got to wondering if perhaps the Jury had the view that it was RH who was initially and accidentally killed, and then CC was shot to cover that up.
No, the verdict didn't say that the jury believed Lynn's account that Hill fell on his knife

It only meant that in the absence of any evidentary proof presented to them during the trial, they could not be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that Hill died at Lynn's hand as a result of actions performed with the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

The fact that Lynn was found guilty of the murder of Clay indicates that they found his version of the events of that night to be total and utter bovine excrement

I think most people would panic when confronted with two dead bodies you were involved in, accident or not. He wasn’t trained for that as a pilot was he.

In fact I’d say panicking is more in line with an accident than cold blooded murder.
He didn't panic at all, that is what I am getting at.

So the jury is pretty much saying he accidentally killed Russell in a argument then murdered the witness… interesting..
No. they are not saying anything of the sort.

They are saying that they couldn't form the belief beyond reasonable doubt that Hill died at Lynn's hand as a result of actions performed with the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

They know he's dead because his DNA was found in some bone fragments at the site where the bodies were burnt

They are saying that they formed the belief beyond reasonable doubt that Clay died by a shotgun slug to her head fired by Lynn with the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm

He didn't panic at all, that is what I am getting at.
Lynn didn’t panic when Hill apparently stole his gun and loaded it. Lynn by his own words walked over casually to get his gun back apparently calm and collective even when confronting an armed and angry Hill. But wait, he panicked after killing them? Yeah right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Lynn doesn’t do push ups, he pushes the earth down.
True.For each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.The guilty verdict found in CC's case yes but not in RH's apparently defying the laws of physics as we know them ( said tongue in cheek ! )

Last edited:
Are you thick?

Read the end of the article where it references the items they didn’t put to GL while he was on the stand, breaching the rules of fairness.

Maybe wake up tomorrow refreshed and try read it again, putting your fingers under the words as you read should help you.
I've got a bad feeling you're engaging in psychological projection here. I hope you had a good sleep and wake up with a bit more clarity of mind.

So the jury is pretty much saying he accidentally killed Russell in a argument then murdered the witness… interesting..

Not quite. One way to think about it might be the jury found:

1. There’s insufficient evidence to convict GL of the murder of RH;
2. There’s sufficient evidence to convict GL of the murder of CC.

Had GL not destroyed evidence there may have been grounds to convict GL of the murder RH. But he did and they could not.

That’s about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back