Official Match Thread S17:Rd17- Fighting Furies(9) vs West Coast Wonders (6) @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
LAST TIME THEY PLAYED:West Coast Wonders : 17.9.111 DEF
Fighting Furies : 15.5.95
MATCH PREVIEW:

Credit must surely be paid to the Fighting Furies as their season 17 has come to a close as, under the leadership of fumbler, they've brought the fight back. So long without a win, the team would be forgiven for just shrugging and writing off the year but they have shown a true amount of grit in likely avoiding a wooden spoon their name had already been etched into and finding themselves their competitors danger game in the last handful of games. There will be a lot of enthusiasm heading into next season and their recent form may be the springboard back into next seasons finals. Things are starting to click for them, albeit too late to truly rescue this season but they will be taking on the Wonders with the belief they can knock them off.

What can be made of the Wonders though? Every season promises so much and it will take a true revival to really make their mark on the competition in the last few matches. PVF has had a lot of weight placed on his hefty shoulders with controversy after controversy seemingly taking its toll on the squad but the Wonders have a history of success and endurance so with a little shift up in consistency, they may still have something to say this season. This is a must win, a loss leaves them vulnerable to exiting altogether and with club champion ClarkeM flagging his intentions to leave, they'd be keen to have him exit the Wonders on a high.

IN FORM:
FURIES: londontiger and Eagleoz83 are making a habit of getting it done and are catalysts for the Furies late season form. tigland is coming off a bag of six and will be hard to contain with the supply he's been getting.

WONDERS: ClarkeM, JP Sauce and Shallow battled valiantly in defeat to the Gumbies. Brown Bottle is taking to the ruck role like a seasoned pro and Cotch_9 is the best chance at a goal scoring avenue with five of the best last match.

PREDICTION: The Wonders have been hit and miss all season and will be looking to hit back after a week of controversy. The Furies started the season as the whipping boys but have got that winning feeling at the moment. Just a draw in their next two games will save them from the wooden spoon. Why not here? FUR/WCW DRAW.

Teams must be submitted by Friday 11.59pm.

Please tag Logger.

Looking forward to this one.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about the rubbish PVF article about the Wonders being the number one ranked team in the SFA history.

And that bias was based upon "making the finals" and not "winning the actual premiership". We all know 4 is bigger than 3 (bar the Wonders).

So fumbler and tigland .

Time to rally the squad to knock the Wonders out of a finals chance, as we all know that seems to be the only thing that the Wonders pride themselves on.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about the rubbish PVF article about the Wonders being the number one ranked team in the SFA history.

And that bias was based upon "making the finals" and not "winning the actual premiership". We all know 4 is bigger than 3 (bar the Wonders).

Nice to know the jimmies are already in a rut. Wonders > Furies.

Dear Furies,

Can you please not **** up our finals aspirations. We know your season is over so can you know just not rock up or something?

Thanks
CE41 and the rest of the wonders.

Dear Furies,

Can you please not **** up our finals aspirations. We know your season is over so can you know just not rock up or something?

Thanks
CE41 and the rest of the wonders.
Dear Wonders,

No

Kind Regards,

The Mighty Furies

And Sunday and most probably the following Sunday. But other than that your all good Wonders :thumbsu:

Amd 4 of the last 5 Sunday's, but apart from that.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amd 4 of the last 5 Sunday's, but apart from that.....
So they want to hope the match is t on Sunday then??? Hmmmm shit out of luck

More Sunday's than you buddy. And I ain't just talking about just this season.

Meh. I can deal with the fact we won't play finals this year.

In such a pickle this week. I want to win but I would prefer the wonders make finals over bombers.

conundrum......

Meh. I can deal with the fact we won't play finals this year.

In such a pickle this week. I want to win but I would prefer the wonders make finals over bombers.

conundrum......
Let us win this week and I promise you'll win next week :) (behind my back crossing my fingers)

Let us win this week and I promise you'll win next week :) (behind my back crossing my fingers)

Hmmm. Maybe we can come to an arrangement. Maybe PVF can reconsider his greatest club of all time :)

Hmmm. Maybe we can come to an arrangement. Maybe PVF can reconsider his greatest club of all time :)
Sorry, we don't deal with changing the truth. We don't want any part of these shenanigans and this conversation is officially over.

Looks like the Wonders are back to winning this Sunday at 95% instead of 100%.

Sorry, we don't deal with changing the truth. We don't want any part of these shenanigans and this conversation is officially over.

Looks like the Wonders are back to winning this Sunday at 95% instead of 100%.
Only as good as your last game :)

So fumbler and tigland .

Time to rally the squad to knock the Wonders out of a finals chance, as we all know that seems to be the only thing that the Wonders pride themselves on.

The Wonders have never bottomed out. You guys have three times.

Hence we have been better.

So you been middle of the road more, whilst we been winning more premierships. Cool.....

So many capitals

Punt Road is a capital if you exchange a P for a C...........and that's what we will deliver.

Ha hahahaha you still have an alias on your side................ we do to.

Righteo so we are going to spend 6 more days on this are we. Seeya on Sunday then

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S17:Rd17- Fighting Furies(9) vs West Coast Wonders (6) @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back