Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bigfooty should do a social experiment.

Remove each individual’s post amount, the like/react button and the top contributors bar at the top of each thread.
Even for a week. A month would be better, but a week should do.
It would be interesting to see the amount of activity on Bigfooty.

Would it decrease? Increase? Would it affect it at all?!

I for one would be interested to see the results.

Mate I told you its over.
You might have tricked me into sleeping with you 27 times but I'm kind off reasonably confident that there's a slightly lesser chance you'll trick me a 28th time.
I’ve tricked you every day in February so far, how is today going to be any different?!

Depression needs to be understood by the person and their support network in order to best manage it and help build resilience. By talking about it is the first step in that journey. It should be encouraged to help reduce that stigma and educate those to better understand the illness. It also helps reduce the high suicide rates particularly in men by getting the right treatment that is needed.

I understand the point you're making, but I don't agree with many aspects of it.

Leaving this chat at that, but can continue on via PM if you wish.

I’ll go off topic just a little here.
I wonder what would happen if there was no social media, like it was absolutely nuked for some reason. Banned. Whatever. Then we’d see some real improvement.

People would actually venture outside and contribute to society, get some fresh air, smell the roses. Perhaps the world would be a better place?!

This.

Quick recap for those tl;dr's of us and neutrals alike.

1. Santoz and ND engaged in a sparring match on the state of society, covering many topics, with Santoz coming out the victor on points by proving a correlation between MI, obesity and relaxed characterisations of MI's.
2. Barb worked her way back into some shape of confidence through, you guessed it, Transphobe attacks. Santoz quickly quashed Barb and her left leaning ways by proving that the people Barb supported in American politics were happy to kill innocents, silently and from afar.
3. While Santoz strongarmed both of the Hawks only posters, the rest of the Bombers put their feet up, sipping Pina Coladas from coconuts in readiness for the next wave of inane verbal jousting after the Hawks, all 2 of them, regroup with a new battle plan for today ...

Quick recap for those tl;dr's of us and neutrals alike.

1. Santoz and ND engaged in a sparring match on the state of society, covering many topics, with Santoz coming out the victor on points by proving a correlation between MI, obesity and relaxed characterisations of MI's.
2. Barb worked her way back into some shape of confidence through, you guessed it, Transphobe attacks. Santoz quickly quashed Barb and her left leaning ways by proving that the people Barb supported in American politics were happy to kill innocents, silently and from afar.
3. While Santoz strongarmed both of the Hawks only posters, the rest of the Bombers put their feet up, sipping Pina Coladas from coconuts in readiness for the next wave of inane verbal jousting after the Hawks, all 2 of them, regroup with a new battle plan for today ...

anigif_enhanced-29665-1410338710-9.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bigfooty would be better, less people fishing for likes.

Don’t use instaspam
Only problem with that is people would have respond to a shit load more post with responses like " I agree" and " that's funny" if we couldn't give a simple quick " like " as a response.
But in saying that I'm as guilty as hell for fishing for likes.

unnamed (3).gif
See I told you.

No-one "liked" or commented on my calming music last night .....how do you think I feel ATM

Gee got heavy last night .....thought I was back on the ADEL Board
BRABSMum was most impressed.

I understand the point you're making, but I don't agree with many aspects of it.

Leaving this chat at that, but can continue on via PM if you wish.
No need, we are all entitled to our own opinion. I just wanted to share my opinion from a lived experience perspective.

The world would definitely be better without social media

Its really what you make it imo, you can just use it for things like keeping in touch with people who live a long distance away.

Or you can be like the majority of society and use it to broadcast every detail of your life, live vicariously through others and voice opinions you’re too gutless you voice irl. Those people shit me.

Apart from this forum I hardly use social media. I have a FB account that I check probably once a week.

Its really what you make it imo, you can just use it for things like keeping in touch with people who live a long distance away. Or you can be like the majority of society and use it to broadcast every detail of your life and live vicariously through others. Those people shit me.

Apart from this forum I hardly use social media. I have a FB account that I check probably once a week.
I don't mean on an individual scale.

The world would definitely be better without social media
I'll make one & only one post on this ....nothing is as bad as it seems, or as good as it seems

Social Media for all the negatives ....has allowed for a greater check & balance within the world ....you cannot get away with things as easy these days .....the social network provides that check ....franchise wage underpayments ect
It also provides minority groups a stronger voice .....you can argue the merits of that

Mobile Phones / texting are a blight on society .....reduced capacity to communicate face to face ....reduced social skills overall

Internet has been a godsend ....but also opened up networks for depraved predators and other evil forces

We're just immature as a community in managing these still new technologies .....it will change with education

Waynes World headache .gif

I'll make one & only one post on this ....nothing is as bad as it seems, or as good as it seems

Social Media for all the negatives ....has allowed for a greater check & balance within the world ....you cannot get away with things as easy these days .....the social network provides that check ....franchise wage underpayments ect
It also provides minority groups a stronger voice .....you can argue the merits of that

Mobile Phones / texting are a blight on society .....reduced capacity to communicate face to face ....reduced social skills overall

Internet has been a godsend ....but also opened up networks for depraved predators and other evil forces

We're just immature as a community in managing these still new technologies .....it will change with education

View attachment 830421

Great post Wayno. Agree 100%.

I am not a fan of Assange but I am appalled he is likely to spend the rest of his days in gaol. The Net has been terrific for sharing info and for whistleblowers.

Our own government looks like it will gaol the two blokes who blew the whistle on our appalling spying on East Timor. Whatever our politics, the spying on E Timor for corporate economic benefit was a disgrace. Exposure of govt malfeasance via the Net is a boon.

View attachment 830421
It's a bit of a double edged sword I guess. For some people it has been amazing and for some it's driven them to suicide.

Sometimes it opens up a world of information and others it allows a very easy spread of misinformation.

It's a bit of a double edged sword I guess. For some people it has been amazing and for some it's driven them to suicide.

Sometimes it opens up a world of information and others it allows a very easy spread of misinformation.

The tough part is in my opinion you can't put on old head on young shoulders.

I am old enough to not take much notice of feedback from people I don't even know. My kids though live and die by all of that stuff and cannot separate the relevant from non relevant. It is an addiction.

I believe over the next decade the addiction to social media will overtake many of the social challenges of today and become the biggest we have seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back