Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

No-one "liked" or commented on my calming music last night .....how do you think I feel ATM

Gee got heavy last night .....thought I was back on the ADEL Board

Just trying to make you feel for at home here.

The world would definitely be better without social media

More like anti-social media. So many seem to have forgotten how to properly connect and communicate with people in real life.

This. Every person is walking around with a mobile phone attached to their head. Quite sad.

I rarely do this, but the last time I walked whilst looking at my phone I walked head first into a pole.

Yeah, don’t think I’ll be doing that again.

I rarely do this, but the last time I walked whilst looking at my phone I walked head first into a pole.

This is the sad indictment on society today.

If you pull up at the traffic lights you will notice two things. The pedestrians walking across the road are all looking down at their phones. The people in the cars next to you are also doing the same thing.

Pardon the interruption to this interesting match thread, but there is a Public Announcement both teams will be keen to read.

Public Announcement : Public Announcement : Public Announcement

On the streets leading to the SFA stadium, barriers are already being erected for the Saturday morning Parade for the Wonders and the um ..Demons.

Seating will be provided for the younger Rookies from other teams as well as the Roys and assorted tossbags, dignitaries such as HOFs and simmers and skippers from the lesser 10 teams. It is understood every player from Oppo teams will be attending.

The weather forecast for the game is not yet determined, but tomorrow morning the sky will be clear and the conditions will be balmy (if not barmy). Appropriately enough the street will be halved in sun and shade. Wonders please note you will march down the sunny side of the street; Demons you will be on the shady side.

The parade will be led by Mobbs who will bear the Foundation Cup.

The Parade will set off at 9.00am. There may be speeches. There will certainly be some terrific food and beverages available for sale at the Wonders' Concession Stands. Word has it the Wonders have already set up three stores on the route to sell Wonders memorabilia, Sab22 replica jumpers and Ant Bear's monograph, "The joys of playing at half back."

More news as it comes in as the entire Sweet FA goes nutsoid about #WondersWeek.

People see an accident these days .....instead of helping ....they stand back and video it .......WTF !

People spend $300-$400 going to a rock concert ....only to spend the whole night videoing it .....WTF !

Couple going out to dinner ....so much more intimate, when both are on the phone ..... WTF !

1582849393705.png

Pardon the interruption to this interesting match thread, but there is a Public Announcement both teams will be keen to read.

Public Announcement : Public Announcement : Public Announcement

On the streets leading to the SFA stadium, barriers are already being erected for the Saturday morning Parade for the Wonders and the um ..Demons.

Seating will be provided for the younger Rookies from other teams as well as the Roys and assorted tossbags, dignitaries such as HOFs and simmers and skippers from the lesser 10 teams. It is understood every player from Oppo teams will be attending.

The weather forecast for the game is not yet determined, but tomorrow morning the sky will be clear and the conditions will be balmy (if not barmy). Appropriately enough the street will be halved in sun and shade. Wonders please note you will march down the sunny side of the street; Demons you will be on the shady side.

The parade will be led by Mobbs who will bear the Foundation Cup.

The Parade will set off at 9.00am. There may be speeches. There will certainly be some terrific food and beverages available for sale at the Wonders' Concession Stands. Word has it the Wonders have already set up three stores on the route to sell Wonders memorabilia, Sab22 replica jumpers and Ant Bear's monograph, "The joys of playing at half back."

More news as it comes in as the entire Sweet FA goes nutsoid about #WondersWeek.

giphy.gif

If you pull up at the traffic lights you will notice two things. The pedestrians walking across the road are all looking down at their phones. The people in the cars next to you are also doing the same thing.
Anyone follow Dash Cam Owners Australia? It's terrifying to think you share space with those sort of idiots in charge of 2 tonne wrecking balls.

OK big match coming up this week ......still plenty of time though to slag off NaturalDisaster and BRAB .....lets give a bit of attention to poor TY24 ...he so needs it

Time for Santoz to get a bag this weekend .....I know he's been practising

1k3WWrM.gif

Waterboy : JoshWoodenSpoon

Bovo ....practice that tackling mate

k5mcxKm.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll look at my phone when walking but don't touch it when driving. Can't trust anyone on the road, even when stopped, enough to take my eyes off it.

People spend $300-$400 going to a rock concert ....only to spend the whole night videoing it .....WTF !

Couple going out to dinner ....so much more intimate, when both are on the phone ..... WTF !
You're right. It's a shame to see that so much of humanity has become oblivious to the world around them. I'd rather experience something with my own eyes and tell others about it. It helps you re-live the event and the good time you had. :) Makes life fun.

Oh, and hello Bombers!
My weekly visit. ;)
Have a good game, and good luck!

...until you play us in a few weeks, that is... 🦕 :greenheart:
Hi Strig .... always good to get a visit from you

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back