Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Sin City Swamprats vs Fighting Furies at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

hFGFuPv.gif

(Thanks to TIF for the gif)
1582536993584.png
Round 5 sees the return of Rivalry Round, celebrating some of the most intense rivalries in the history of the Sweet FA. From the Foundation Cup clubs the Demons and the Wonders, through to the recent antipathy between the Bombers and the Hawks, the tribalism of the SFA clubs has bred and nurtured some ferocious rivalries.
Sin City Swamprats vs Fighting Furies at Alberton Oval (1 March 2020)

This is a rivalry that goes way back to the formative seasons of the Sweet FA. The Swamprats entered the league in S4. It was only the Furies” second season in the league, and they were drawn to meet in round 1. Despite a goal-free opening term and trailing all day, the Swamprats got home by 3 points with a last-minute goal.

First meeting: S4 R1 26/6/04 Alberton Swamprats 9.12.66 def Fighting Furies 9.9.63

In S5, the then-Alberton Swamprats and the Fighting Furies finished 8th and 6th respectively after a 22 round regular season, yet both won through to the Grand Final, in which the accurate Furies looked to have in the bag at ¾ time, only for the Rats to hit the lead with minutes left by a point. A desperate scramble ensued, with a timely behind leading to the first ever drawn Grand Final. In the replay, the Furies proved too good, with a free-flowing 11 point win to claim their first ever flag. The Swamprats answered by winning the following seasons premiership.

The rivalry endured after the Swamprats returned to the league in S16, with the clubs dukink\g it out in many crucial clashes. As the last two remaining board-based clubs, their mutual respect and hatred have shone through

Notable matches: S5 GF - Fighting Furies 13.7.85 drew Alberton Swamprats 12.13.85

GF Replay - Alberton Swamprats 17.8.110 wdb Fighting Furies 18.13.121

S6 QF Alberton Swamprats 18.15.123 def Fighting Furies 17.10.112

S23 First Qualifying Final: Fighting Furies 14.11 (95) defeated Sin City Swamprats 11.8 (74)

S25 Second Elimination Final: Fighting Furies 12.10 (82) lost to Sin City Swamprats 21.14 (140)

Ljp86 says:

Sin City Swamprats vs Fighting Furies

Head to Head

Played
: 38 Sin City Swamprats: 19 Fighting Furies: 18 Draws: 1

At Underground Stadium

Played
: 9 Sin City Swamprats: 3 Fighting Furies: 6

Last Five Matches

Code:
Season/Round Home Team Away Team Ground

S26 R01 Sin City Swamprats 10.6 (66) lost to Fighting Furies 14.8 (92) Underground Stadium

S26 R12 Fighting Furies 10.8 (68) lost to Sin City Swamprats 11.4 (70) Punt Road

S27 R02 Fighting Furies 12.14 (86) lost to Sin City Swamprats 14.13 (97) Punt Road

S27 R13 Sin City Swamprats 16.10 (106) defeated Fighting Furies 13.9 (87) Underground Stadium

S28 R08 Sin City Swamprats 10.10 (70) lost to Fighting Furies 11.10 (76) Underground Stadium

In the Know

• Fighting Furies and Sin City Swamprats debuted together in Season 04 of the SFA and their first ever SFA fixture was against each other. The 'Rats won a tight contest, 9.12 (66) to 9.9 (63).
  • The Swamprats and Furies have played each other at least twice every season with the exception of Seasons 21 and 28.
  • The away team have been victorious in Swamprats vs Furies matches on eight of the last nine occasions.

Captains to submit teams in the Official Teamsheet Submission thread by 11.59pm Thursday February 27th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi SarahSmiles. I am doing great. Looking forward to a big week on and off the field.
This is excellent news! Like TJASTA, I aim to be a positive force and love seeing people having fun :) Shame that fun will end on Sunday when I kick 10 and singlehandedly tear your team to shreds :)

17. philreich
36. SarahSmiles
4. Sparkle
2. jackster83
1. Far Kern
18. Nunez
89. sportsmaniac89
3. TheMase
05. edgie
7. LukeParkerno1
8. Leviathan Pie
9. Kirkswan
11. Magus
14. GotTheGoodes
16. Greasyrhys
20. dosser
21. rickety
23. sataris
26. Quadzilla
31. Rich the babe Evans
45. ant555
64. Firestarter
88. Power Raid
akkaps
#ratsqootball

Week 5! Time to make it 5 straight wins in a row! This promises to be a really good week, the Furies are always a good week. So get in here, show them that we're the better team on and off the field. I expect biting, scratching and of course spitting on Sunday, so get practising during the week! Lets get in here and have a great week!

This is excellent news! Like TJASTA, I aim to be a positive force and love seeing people having fun :) Shame that fun will end on Sunday when I kick 10 and singlehandedly tear your team to shreds :)
I reckon you are dreaming. I will kick more goals than you this week

Think I might avoid the game thread. The Furies stink.
That's just This Is Anfield he's not a massive fan of showers, he seems to think that Liverpool win trophies more frequently than they do and has vowed to only shower whenever they lift a trophy. Turns out a shower every couple of years isn't as viable a strategy as he thinks it is

I reckon you are dreaming. I will kick more goals than you this week
Mate, I'm a 6'2, athletic, kombucha drinking, goal kicking machine. It's not gonna happen. I'm a premiership winning full-foward. You're a rookie who's had less wins in his career than I've had this season. Stay in your lane buddy

Mate, I'm a 6'2, athletic, kombucha drinking, goal kicking machine. It's not gonna happen. I'm a premiership winning full-foward. You're a rookie who's had less wins in his career than I've had this season. Stay in your lane buddy
Well, that was a tad bit aggressive for a Monday, sorry just getting ready for Sunday early. Apologies Piggy Smalls keep your head up, maybe one day you'll be part of a team that makes the finals or something like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Sin City Swamprats vs Fighting Furies at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back