Media S30 Stat Bazaar

Remove this Banner Ad

mPIWE8x.png

Maintaining a weekly thread is a pretty tough gig when you've got things you should actually be doing that don't involve procrastination. I produced a weekly series in each of my first three seasons before taking a season off last season. Boy was that a breath of fresh air! So to celebrate, I return to producing a weekly series because I've got nothing better to do I'm a champion procrastinator I'm a sucker for punishment I feel I can add a couple of different things we've either not seen before or not seen in my time in the league.

Did I say a weekly series? I meant three weekly series.

Baz Stats S30

Another season, another iteration of statistical goodness. Once again, Baz Stats will go beyond the raw data and and provide context to the weekly sim. The primary benefit will be the collation of stats by position on a (near) weekly basis, which will feed into discussions such as Headless' Rolling All-SFA team. The Adjusted Dream Team score is back, weighing offensive versus defensive output, and I will introduce the Z-score, which will attempt to standardise Dream Team scores by removing positional bias. There will still be some funky values due to substitutions and positional changes however over the course of the season, these outliers will smooth themselves out.

The Comeback Kid/Sweet Maiden

After three seasons being involved with the Rising Star award it is now completely in the hands of our second-season players. I learned some things over that period which has spawned two awards. The Comeback Kid will be awarded to the best player in Season 30 who was not on a Sweet FA list in Season 29 or posted fewer than five times per week. The Sweet Maiden will be awarded to the best player in Season 30 who has not previously won an official Sweet FA award (including All-SFA berths depending on numbers). Both awards will see players nominated based on stats with the winners being determined by a panel at season's end on a combination of stats and posting. Players will need to average a minimum of five posts per week to be nominated.

3FrowgIt6s0g.gif

Snakes and Ladders

I hear you. How on earth can you relate Qooty to Snakes and Ladders? Well I'm glad you asked!

Each week, players will be assigned a roll of a virtual dice based on their Dream Team score. They will move around the board in a virtual game of Snakes and Ladders. That's it really. It's not rocket science. Crazy, yes, but not complicated. All in all, it's designed for a bit of fun and hopefully something different to talk about.

iD1fJUl.png

That sounds like a awful lot of work.

You must really want the Beez to match your Mobbs.
Part test of my data collecting efficiency, part procrastination from uni work, part value in season end discussions, part nothing better to do

mPIWE8x.png

Baz Stats - Round 1

A little late to get this up for the week but I did say this would be near-weekly. In the OP I said I would introduce a Z-score this season that would be tracked for all players each week. A Z-score is a way of comparing players against one another by removing positional biases. It compares an output against the mean and standard deviation of a population and produces a comparable figure. A positive Z-score means a player was above average while a negative Z-score means a player was below average... but I've taken this a little further.

I've calculated a Z-score for each individual stat for each individual player. From there, I've put the nine Z-scores derived for each player into the Dream Team formula to produce a net Dream Team score of sorts. I've done this for offense, defense and a net figure for every player. It's not perfect as substitutions and positional changes wreak havoc with the results however over the course of a season every player has an equal chance of being moved or substituted so these wrinkles will be ironed out and the cream will rise to the top.

In addition to this, I've used the Z-scores to create an Adjusted Dream Team score that takes into account the players output as well as the comparison to their direct opponent. Interchange players have been included by comparing them against their opposing interchange player in the same slot. Again, these won't mean much week to week but over the course of the season these will make more sense.

Top 5 - Offensive Dream Team Z-Score
Code:
1. Chipmunk     (ESH)   WIN   23.13
2. Ulahoopski   (GCR)   HFF   21.68
3. ClarkeM      (WON)   RR    17.83 
4. Strigoi      (DRA)   RU    17.37
5. Matera92     (LVB)   RO    17.36

Top 5 - Defensive Dream Team Z-Score
Code:
1. RobR       (ROY)   RO    -18.11
2. brahj      (GCR)   CEN   -16.96
3. Agent93    (ESH)   RR    -15.79
4. GWS Goose  (GUM)   RR    -15.56
5. BEEG       (CIW)   CEN   -14.13

Top 5 - Net Dream Team Z-Score
Code:
1. brahj         (GCR)   CEN   27.44
2. Ulahoopski    (GCR)   HFF   25.48
3. VandoHawk     (DRA)   CEN   20.74
4. Matera92      (LVB)   RO    20.23
5. ShaunDuggan   (GCR)   HFF   19.53

Top 5 - Adjusted Dream Team
Code:
1. VandoHawk     (DRA)   CEN   135
2. Chipmunk      (ESH)   WIN   132
3. Ulahoopski    (GCR)   HFF   124
4. ClarkeM       (WON)   RR    124
5. DemonJim      (DEM)   RR    123

mPIWE8x.png

Baz Stats - Round 2

Round 2 Leaders

Top 5 Offensive Z-ScoreTop 5 Defensive Z-ScoreTop 5 Net Z-ScoreTop 5 Adjusted Dream Team
PLAYERTEAMPOSOFF ZPLAYERTEAMPOSDEF ZPLAYERTEAMPOSNET ZPLAYERTEAMPOSADT
JackBeroFURCHB
38.51​
DemonJimDEMRR
(25.26)​
JackBeroFURCHB
36.16​
JackBeroFURCHB172
ant555SCSRR
24.51​
SweetDWONCEN
(19.28)​
The JesusESHRU
29.63​
ant555SCSRR155
BradesmaenDRAWIN
22.20​
BonzWONRU
(19.13)​
SantozBOMCEN
28.06​
The JesusESHRU148
DeroDEMWIN
21.41​
Elmer_JuddWONWIN
(19.01)​
kane249LVBBP
24.85​
DeroDEMWIN148
RiviatGUMRO
21.38​
DrunkgoliathESHRO
(17.21)​
SweetDWONCEN
24.37​
BradesmaenDRAWIN146

Top 5 By Position (Season to date)

Back PocketFull BackHalf Back FlankCentre Half Back
PLAYERTEAMADTPLAYERTEAMADTPLAYERTEAMADTPLAYERTEAMADT
kane249LVB
181​
BlackyGCR
101​
tonyLVB
150​
JackBeroFUR
172​
Noobz0rGCR
140​
ShermyESH
100​
NinjaSwanESH
145​
HawkAussieDRA
161​
BipolarbearLVB
122​
Far KernSCS
94​
DingsterROY
144​
FreofalconCIW
127​
dogs105WON
86​
Shadow ManFUR
88​
Blaze StormDRA
135​
Grand Uncle HoraceWON
109​
Snake_BakerESH
79​
AllikatROY
87​
RelaxMaxCIW
113​
SammaGilbertoBOM
93​
WingCentreHalf Forward FlankCentre Half Forward
DeroDEM
223​
BEEGCIW
215​
ShaunDugganGCR
169​
cooneyDEM
144​
ChipmunkESH
193​
brahjGCR
180​
UlahoopskiGCR
154​
Uncle_LeoWON
133​
Ljp86DRA
178​
VandoHawkDRA
162​
Crusty UndiesWON
150​
Ashman OGDRA
119​
BradesmaenDRA
170​
RunkROY
152​
Power RaidSCS
148​
KilroyBOM
111​
Tonga BobCIW
169​
SweetDWON
150​
FootyGuy13CIW
146​
CakeEaterGCR
102​
Forward PocketFull ForwardRuckRuck Rover
The acurate oneGCR
124​
Sab22WON
126​
The JesusESH
215​
ant555SCS
276​
Thetrader15DEM
88​
The Filth WizardGCR
110​
JackNah_8ROY
210​
DemonJimDEM
235​
_Cayz_DEM
73​
MetalcrusherLVB
102​
harry000CIW
187​
serial_thrillaDRA
214​
RandomizorCIW
69​
MoochROY
101​
cats2riseGUM
180​
ClarkeMWON
209​
LukeParkerno1SCS
68​
Tarkyn_24DEM
93​
StrigoiDRA
175​
Agent93ESH
197​
RoverInterchange
PLAYERTEAMADTPLAYERTEAMADT
Matera92LVB
187​
Red mistESH
173​
RobRROY
180​
SmoooothyCIW
152​
Doctor ColossusCIW
165​
SparkleSCS
145​
NunezSCS
162​
JT_the_ManWON
138​
A SwallowDRA
158​
Knifey SpoonyDRA
121​

mPIWE8x.png

Comeback Kid & Sweet Maiden

The first two rounds have thrown up some huge performances and it's great to see a healthy mix of new and returning posters putting up big numbers on the qooty field. Ulahoopski picked up the Round 1 Comeback Kid nomination kicking four goals on a half forward flank in the Royals' 22 point win over the Swamprats. The Sweet Maiden nomination that week went to Chipmunk who tore it up on the wing despite the Hawks falling to the Warriors by two points.

The Furies were too good for the Swamprats in Round 2, beating the reigning premiers by 37 points. Sterge collected a massive 40 disposals on a wing to earn the Round 2 Comeback Kid nomination while JackBero had a massive day of his own swinging into the middle from centre half back to pick up 37 disposals and eight tackles.

Round 1

Comeback Kid - Ulahoopski (GCR)

18 disposals, 8 marks, 4 goals, 99 Dream Team points

Sweet Maiden - Chipmunk (ESH)

33 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals, 117 Dream Team points

Round 2

Comeback Kid - Sterge (FUR)

40 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals, 124 Dream Team points

Sweet Maiden - JackBero (FUR)

37 disposals, 8 tackles, 136 Dream Team points

mPIWE8x.png

Comeback Kid & Sweet Maiden

The first two rounds have thrown up some huge performances and it's great to see a healthy mix of new and returning posters putting up big numbers on the qooty field. Ulahoopski picked up the Round 1 Comeback Kid nomination kicking four goals on a half forward flank in the Royals' 22 point win over the Swamprats. The Sweet Maiden nomination that week went to Chipmunk who tore it up on the wing despite the Hawks falling to the Warriors by two points.

The Furies were too good for the Swamprats in Round 2, beating the reigning premiers by 37 points. Sterge collected a massive 40 disposals on a wing to earn the Round 2 Comeback Kid nomination while JackBero had a massive day of his own swinging into the middle from centre half back to pick up 37 disposals and eight tackles.

Round 1

Comeback Kid - Ulahoopski (GCR)

18 disposals, 8 marks, 4 goals, 99 Dream Team points

Sweet Maiden - Chipmunk (ESH)

33 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals, 117 Dream Team points

Round 2

Comeback Kid - Sterge (FUR)

40 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals, 124 Dream Team points

Sweet Maiden - JackBero (FUR)

37 disposals, 8 tackles, 136 Dream Team points

I'm a kid again. Jolly good. I mean ace!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean we're good or shithouse?
Good. I haven't figured out the best way to present this yet but being on this list is a good thing.

Yeah! Suck it harry000!

I mean. I'm currently the third best ruck in the comp.

Well done for coming in 5th in your position and your participation award on top of that.

mPIWE8x.png

Snakes & Ladders - Round 1

First things first, how does it work?

Each week players will move around a snakes and ladders board based on their Dream Team scores. All players begin off the board on a virtual 'square zero'. Their Dream Team score each week will be converted to a roll of the dice:

< 20 DT - 1
20 to 39 DT - 2
40 to 59 DT - 3
60 to 79 DT - 4
80 to 99 DT - 5
100+ DT - 6

Players will move up ladders and down snakes. To finish the game, players must land exactly on 100. There are no bouncebacks or first past the post. If you're on square 97 and you roll a 4 you'll stay where you are.

2VXFg04.png

Round 1 saw 54 players score between 60 and 79 Dream Team points to move up the first ladder.​

mPIWE8x.png

Snakes & Ladders - Round 2

Three players - BEEG, Dero and Sterge - have jumped out to an early lead having landed on ladders in each of the first two weeks. They're followed by a group of eight players who have temporarily put some space between themselves and the chasers. 12 players were part of the first group to slide down a snake this season after climbing a ladder in Round 1.

VWGFwYO.png

mPIWE8x.png

Snakes & Ladders - Round 2

Three players - BEEG, Dero and Sterge - have jumped out to an early lead having landed on ladders in each of the first two weeks. They're followed by a group of eight players who have temporarily put some space between themselves and the chasers. 12 players were part of the first group to slide down a snake this season after climbing a ladder in Round 1.

VWGFwYO.png
Where am I, Baz? 11?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media S30 Stat Bazaar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back