Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be Carr because the club has already painted itself into that corner through the media. Same happened with the Hinkley August contract extension.

The media will simply turn around and go “well I thought you said this already” and Koch will relent to it.
Koch could just say it was Carro lie. Doubt he's brave enough for that though.

Not much sense sacking your coach unless you have someone clearly better to replace him.
Might be better to be patient for 2-3 years, and train someone as Ken’s understudy.
Um that’s what they’ve done but the fear is that the understudy has been poisoned mentally as well.

Kenough is kenough sack Hinkley

Um that’s what they’ve done but the fear is that the understudy has been poisoned mentally as well.

Kenough is kenough sack Hinkley
For the record you are responding to a supposed "Western Bulldogs" supporter who has somehow only made posts about Ken Hinkley on the Port forum. Likely a Tingles troll just getting a laugh. We're quite used to these accounts though this one does feel particularly low effort.

I gather this has been posted.

I know plenty of coaches earning less than 5% of that paid to this drongo who know their opposition almost as well as they know their own squads. Those that don't wouldn't admit their shortcoming and there are amateur clubs who would sack a coach who said it publicly.

However, at Alberton, where Koch, Richardson, Davies and the Camperdown sloth have lowered the bar to the ground, anything goes.

"Kochie don't let me watch any games that aren't on Channel 7, which is fair enough, and youse have probably noticed that the Giants are nearly always on Foxtel."

Sadly, the club has wasted so many opportunities to cut our losses and give the supporters some hope. Not many coaches setting the world on fire at the moment but while we went through the charade of "evaluating" Ken last season, we saw a number of decent candidates either get other jobs or declare other intentions. The board clearly doesn't understand just how much hope has been drained from the supporter base. We've had so many players go backwards and our almost non-existent game plan hasn't changed since 2014.

I know plenty of coaches earning less than 5% of that paid to this drongo who know their opposition almost as well as they know their own squads. Those that don't wouldn't admit their shortcoming and there are amateur clubs who would sack a coach who said it publicly.

However, at Alberton, where Koch, Richardson, Davies and the Camperdown sloth have lowered the bar to the ground, anything goes.

"Kochie don't let me watch any games that aren't on Channel 7, which is fair enough, and youse have probably noticed that the Giants are nearly always on Foxtel."
Imagine the Aussie cricket coach saying, "Oh sorry - I don't know who Joe Root is."

I called it with all my mates - Sportsbet had Carlton at $2.20, practically handing out money coupons.

The loss had all the hallmarks of a Hinkley Classic:
  1. Must Win, Big Game
  2. Prime Time
  3. Top 8 Club
  4. Going in Favourites
Capitulate, get absolutely rinsed for 4 quarters and laugh about the "lessons we have to learn".
Just another unsurprising Hinkley Masterclass
  1. Must Win, Big Game
  2. Finals bound club that's out of form
  3. A chance to demonstrate we are contenders
  4. Fresh and rested with no excuses
and we get the same old story
  1. Sluggish and slow
  2. Beaten up around the ball
  3. Dysfunctional forwardline
  4. Awful defensive structure
  5. Leaders going missing
  6. Play the opposition into form
  7. Woeful skill level
  8. bomb it to the forwards and hope they mark it strategy
  9. Switch across to the fat side of the ground and do nothing with it, only to switch back.
  10. Play defenders as forwards? This is becoming all too common with Hen Kinkley - Burton, Jones, DBJ and now Ratagolea.

At least he's pivoted from "learning lessons" to just out right admitting he doesn't do any preliminary work to understand the opposition players.

This man is a clown and a fraud. Get him out of my club now, this season is a write off and any delusional happy clapper that thinks we can even get close to challenging in September needs to get a formal psychometric evaluation to see whether they qualify for disability.

Not much sense sacking your coach unless you have someone clearly better to replace him.
Might be better to be patient for 2-3 years, and train someone as Ken’s understudy.
Clearly better than the worst ever coach in AFL history when it comes to our stated ambition of winning premierships?

Chances are high.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Old mate here has lost hope also and he was one of those "happy clappers".

The thing is that given enough time every thinking person converts.

In 2018 I was a Hinkley defender claiming he should be given time and the haters were wrong.

After 2015 every year another group switch across and the % of haters grows higher, until now where after 12 years the only people left defending him are those who hate Port (often closely aligned with the Cats), those who have an agenda (like Kane trying to protect his brother's job), or people that know absolutely nothing about Port or football (like that bloke who came here claiming Xavier Duursma would save the club lol).

First time I heard Kane on SEN this morning not lick Ken’s sack.

He basically said he was bemused my Ken’s press conference in re to the comment he made about us looking lethargic coming off a bye and that our players look disinterested/ worse game he’s seen us play all year.
Buckley tried to press him on a few things but he was quick to go to the next topic …

That’s as good as you’ll get to criticism from this little dweeb

Clearly better than the worst ever coach in AFL history when it comes to our stated ambition of winning premierships?

Chances are high.

There are a bit over 8 billion people on the planet who have not been given as many chances to make a Grand Final without doing it as Hinkley, so let's start with any one of them I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I heard Kane on SEN this morning not lick Ken’s sack.

He basically said he was bemused my Ken’s press conference in re to the comment he made about us looking lethargic coming off a bye and that our players look disinterested/ worse game he’s seen us play all year.
Buckley tried to press him on a few things but he was quick to go to the next topic …

That’s as good as you’ll get to criticism from this little dweeb

He will be proven wrong at some point, I mean he would know that. It's coming. The jubilation of callers when we rid ourselves of Hinkley the will flood SEN will be great listen.

Carr can’t even make a midfield function with Butters, Rozee, JHF, Wines, Drew and Boak in it. Why should he get a senior gig.

Meh. Assistant coaching and senior coaching are two totally different roles.

I have no idea whether Carr will be a good coach but I'm willing to give him a shot. I know for a fact that he has some different ideas and that we will see a change in game style. The most important thing though is that he changes the culture of the club - because it doesn't matter what midfield tactics you set, none of them are going to work when you play as soft, weak and inspid football as Rozee did yesterday.

He will be proven wrong at some point, I mean he would know that. It's coming. The jubilation of callers when we rid ourselves of Hinkley the will flood SEN will be great listen.
That's great news.

If Kane is turning it means he knows he's gone and wants to plant seeds so he can claim.he was right all along.

He's perfected what took him 4 years to achieve with Wingard

5B2FEB2A-3F74-46F1-BE18-D718EBAF67BC.jpeg

By his own admission Rozee was on the verge of getting dropped before Ken had the bright idea of sticking him in the guts at 0-4 and 50pts down at halftime of the Carlton game in 2022.

It’s genuinely bizarre how this fraud has managed to convince anyone bar members of his own family that he’s a coach worthy of collecting millions of dollars to helm any club for a dozen seasons, let alone this club.

jimmy lavalle GIF by The Album Leaf

Bucks couldn’t do in 9 years with the backing of Collingwood resources (financial and league influence)

He ain’t doing it in Adelaide

Let’s stop the AFL fascination with long term/recycled coaches. Especially the real dud ones like Lyon and Scott - which category bucks falls into

In no other sporting code around the world would these losers get a second chance
Harsh to call Lyon a dud, he took two fail clubs to grand finals, and in three of the four grand finals he's coached only one wasn't a contest. I've said it before and I'll say it again... sometimes you do actually get unlucky. Ross Lyon is unlucky not to be a premiership coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back